Jesus commanded baptism. If somebody tells you not to be baptized, they teach false as it was commanded by Jesus.
Just what do you mean by baptism, Kenneth?
By using the Greek letters moved into English you are not giving the meaning.
Jesus commanded baptism. If somebody tells you not to be baptized, they teach false as it was commanded by Jesus.
Is that what I stated?
Is your church have a Pope?
Is your church founded by Peter and lead by Pope francis?
I'm not denying the authority of scripture at all. It derives its authority from Christ who gave a full Gospel, not just what was written decades later. I am defending the Gospel of Christ, not man made sectarian philosophies and interpretations.Um it's the Word of God. Does that mean anything to you? All you do is defend your "precious" church and funny how even in this post you deny the authority of Scripture by your last sentance.
No,and NO.Is your church have a Pope?
Is your church founded by Peter and lead by Pope francis?
Good evening, Jackson.
The expression "your church" suggests the error that there is more than one Church. I see no evidence that this guy is in the Body of Christ. His views are unorthodox. There is & ever has been only One Church, the Body of Christ. To get in all you must do is trust Christ as Savior; then you will be Spirit-baptized into that Body. 1 Cor 12:13
THE ANSWER TO THE OP IS
Sirs, what MUST I DO to be saved?
Answer:
Believe on the Lord Jesus, & you shall be saved.
Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for
He shall save His people from their sins.
Good evening, Jackson.
The expression "your church" suggests the error that there is more than one Church. I see no evidence that this guy is in the Body of Christ. His views are unorthodox. There is & ever has been only One Church, the Body of Christ. To get in all you must do is trust Christ as Savior; then you will be Spirit-baptized into that Body. 1 Cor 12:13
THE ANSWER TO THE OP IS
Sirs, what MUST I DO to be saved?
Answer:
Believe on the Lord Jesus, & you shall be saved.
Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for
He shall save His people from their sins.
No,and NO.
I'm not denying the authority of scripture at all. It derives its authority from Christ who gave a full Gospel, not just what was written decades later. I am defending the Gospel of Christ, not man made sectarian philosophies and interpretations.
You have denied the Word of God, as well as the Word of God found in the text. You and all sola scripturist have denied the authority over scripture and have elevated a Text as Truth rather than a witness to the Truth, and then imposed your authority over that text to derive/develop your own philosophies.
Sola scripturist, all of them that I have read, claim that scripture as a text is authoritative. If that is so, would you not think that it would have sufficient authority to make sure that it imposes that authority so that all who read it will get the very same message. However, that does not seem to work. As well as their claim it comes from the Holy Spirit. The only spirit I see at work is the devil. He has successfully divided scripture to the point it is null and void of its correct meaning. Ah, that has always been Satan ploy, divide and conquer.
Sirs, what MUST I DO to be saved?
Answer:
Believe on the Lord Jesus, & you shall be saved.
Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for
He shall save His people from their sins.
I don't believe in salvation by works either. I also believe salvation(eternal life) is by grace through faith. Your next(last) sentence is a contradiction.Thank brother, for your response, I though you are member of RCC. Your believe system, salvation by work is Catholic believe system. I believe salvation by grace through faith in Jesus. Work is product of faith in Jesus not requirement of salvation.
I already explained that to you but I see it went right over your head. Let me explain it to you again.You have to be one of the most bassackward people I have ever talked too. You say you believe in the authority of Scripture yet you asked me to prove it. Then I prove it and you deny it saying I had a wrong interpretation. Then you say the church has authority on truth yet the Bible is authority. Then the Bible isn't authoritative. Then it is again.
You are so messed in the head....get out of whatever church your in.
I already explained that to you but I see it went right over your head. Let me explain it to you again.
I believe in Christ who is the Truth. It was Christ via the Holy Spirit that gave us God's revelation to man of which some of it was written. Thus Christ is the author of that Revelation, He is the authority over that revelation. It is the function of the Holy Spirit to preserve both the Body and the Gospel entrusted to it. Christ is the source of salvation.
On the other hand you believe in a Book. You claim that it is ONLY the Bible that is the SOURCE of faith. You also claim that book, in and of itself is authoritative. Yet no one has yet shown that a text, the Bible has any authority whatsoever. When man reads it and develops what it means to him, there are hundreds of differing gospels.
I also stated that there really are ONLY two sources of authority. It is either God or man.
On that basis I'm asking to show how the text has authority?
You disregard Christ as the sole authority, you deny man is authoritative, which leaves scripture, which every sola scripturist states, is his authority along with the Holy Spirit.
Does your "church" read from the Bible?
I don't believe in salvation by works either. I also believe salvation(eternal life) is by grace through faith. Your next(last) sentence is a contradiction.
I'm not denying
I believe in
Luke 8:11-12
Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 And those by the way side are they that have heard; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word from their heart, that they may not believe and be saved.
it is evident that it is the word that one must believe...do you just believe the word and not obey?
[BELIEVE > SALVATION; NO OBEYING IN THE PASSAGE]
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
is this scripture telling Atwood that even though he has eternal life .....if he does not obey the Son he shall not see life but the wrath of God...remains on him...
[WHOEVER BELIEVES RULES OUT ESSENTIAL ADDITIONS]
John 5:24
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
[NO WORKS, NOT WATER, NO NOTHING BUT BELIEVES IS ADDED]
James 1:22-25King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]22 [/SUP]But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
[SAYS NOTHING ABOUT SALVATION]
[SUP]23 [/SUP]For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
[SUP]24 [/SUP]For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.''[SAYS NOTHING ABOUT SALVATION]
The order is
1) unsaved
2) believes
3) salvation, recreation
4) works.