If God does not hear sinners, He hears nobody .The question was asked because some had posted that God doesn't
hear the prayers of sinners. Do you have any thoughts on this?
A humble and contrite heart Thou will not despise...If God does not hear sinners, He hears nobody .
In my distress I called upon the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From
His temple He heard my voice, and my cry for His help reached His ears.
In my alarm I said, “I am cut off from Your sight!” But You
heard my plea for mercy when I called to You for help.
he question was asked because some had posted that God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners. Do you have any thoughts on this?
It's an interesting question. I've heard arguments for both and haven't come to a conclusion.Hagar was a Jew ---one of God's Chosen -----so God spoke with Hagar -----God Himself chose the Jewish Nation to connect to Hie Jewish Nation had a special status with God in the Old Testament --and God spoke to and addressed the concerns of the Jews ------
The Gentiles were never connected to God and therefore were SOL for getting their concerns addressed -
https://www.gotquestions.org/Hagar-wife-concubine.html
Was Hagar Abraham’s wife or his concubine?
Hagar was a Jew ---one of God's Chosen -----so God spoke with Hagar -----God Himself chose the Jewish Nation to connect to Him ---The Jewish Nation had a special status with God in the Old Testament --and God spoke to and addressed the concerns of the Jews ------
The Gentiles were never connected to God and therefore were SOL for getting their concerns addressed -
https://www.gotquestions.org/Hagar-wife-concubine.html
Was Hagar Abraham’s wife or his concubine?
Good catch.How was she a Jew when scripture says she was a Egyptian? As well how was she a Jew prior to the birth of Judah or the partition of Israel into Israel and Judah?
It's an interesting question. I've heard arguments for both and haven't come to a conclusion.
What about the Ninevites? Did God hear their prayers? Whose prayers was God responding too before Jonah was thrown overboard? Did Ruth or Rahab ever pray?
I understand your point and I understand the reformed arguments and agree with much of what you say. I'm merely asking questions of those who have made statements trying to get them to open themselves up within their own assumptions.Its easy to resolve for the reformed
All of salvation is of God. God predestines, calls regenerates and even our faith is a glorious gift.
Looking at the ninvites, it was all God's initiative not jonahs nor the ninivites.
Rahab was no accident, but she believed in the God of the isrealites... And Ruth had great faith, by not returning to her own people.
Its the question that is really the problem.
Some are reading the question to mean only one thing, that the question is only asking if someone comes before God, in repentance, seeking forgiveness and to follow christ. Will God hear them. The answer i would say is yes.
But as we know the question can also mean as many athiest proclaim.. I have prayed to god (of my own making) and he has never helped me.. You would need to read my post above to get the point here.
This woman was begging for her daughter's healing therefore her faith was evident.The question was asked because some had posted that God doesn't hear the prayers of sinners. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Not according to scripture. She was an Egyptian slave.Hagar was a Jew
How was she a Jew when scripture says she was a Egyptian? As well how was she a Jew prior to the birth of Judah or the partition of Israel into Israel and Judah?
Hagar was a Jew ---one of God's Chosen -----so God spoke with Hagar -----God Himself chose the Jewish Nation to connect to Him ---The Jewish Nation had a special status with God in the Old Testament --and God spoke to and addressed the concerns of the Jews ------
The Gentiles were never connected to God and therefore were SOL for getting their concerns addressed -
https://www.gotquestions.org/Hagar-wife-concubine.html
Was Hagar Abraham’s wife or his concubine?
Not according to scripture. She was an Egyptian slave.
You’ll have to rewrite the whole thing now. (It seems I am late to the party.)
I agree wholeheartedly and I thought Aaron56 did an outstanding job filling in the background of the story.This woman was begging for her daughter's healing therefore her faith was evident.
See My Post #33 above ---
My apologies. I did not read the whole thread before replying