Faith & Turst can be scary

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GoofyArcher

Dec 1, 2017
I’m in an interesting place in my life. I must rely totally on faith, trust anddirection from the Lord. I know everydayshould be that way every day, but my human nature likes to drive. Letting go ofthe “wheel” is scary.
I Resigned a job I had for several reasons, I am not goinginto details on this post. Basically,my wife told me that the job I was in was “destroying” the person she married. My 16-year-old son ask me “dad are you ok today today” almost everyday. In 5 monthsthis job has taken out of me more most other event I have had in my life,and I have had some hard trials over my 56 years.
I don’t feellike me.
I neverdreamed that a supervisor could make someone feel so bad in such a short time.

At 13 years old, I startedmy first job and have never quit a job without something to go directly to. I never understood why anyone would, now I cansee why they might. A first for me in 40 years of working.
I have had 3 interview so far. I am in awe to have started interviewsso quickly. I have another interview on Mondayat 2:00 central time (GMT -6). This is acall back, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] interview at the prison.
One job interview was working with troubled kids at a school(I am still under consideration) and the other is in the prisons medical department (infirmary) , doing medicalrecords and helping as needed in infirmary.
I have done years of prison ministries in the past and have aheart for the residents and have also work with kids in mental health.
As I reflect, it seems to I always have be working withpeople that others may reject. The job Ileft was not like that at all. “Normal people”

Praying that I canbless those I serve at work.
Praying this opening is the fit the Lord wouldhave for me.
Praying for protectionfor my family and our fiscal needs in this transition.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Yes, "turst" can indeed be scary..

Feb 28, 2016
do a 360 if you have the Faith, and I guarantee that Jesus will have your back,
no matter what changes that you and yours have to make, it's all about Trust,
and holding family together through thick and thin - and thin can often be much
better and rewarding that thick...GBY you and your precious ones...
prayers sent!!!

Sep 3, 2016
Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness and never take it off. [SUP] [/SUP]For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power (the Holy Spirit) and of love and of a sound mind. Stand on the promises of God. God's path will never lack God's provision. The fruit of the spirit "kindness" releases FAVOR! Proverbs 3:1-4 NLT

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I find faith and trust to be comforting.. Just about everything else in this wacky world is scary.

D

dalconn

this journey and pilgrimage can be quite arduous at times....hang in there brother, prayers going up!

blessedby1

Aug 15, 2017
Its so amazing when abandon ourselves to Jesus. When we do what it says in Jeremiah 33:3, God always keeps us from becoming lukewarm from having a boring Christian life...‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’
It is going to be awesome how God answers those prayers.
Blessing brother.

LookUp1430

Jul 7, 2017
Romans 5:3-5 says But that's not all. We also brag when we are suffering. We know that suffering creates endurance, endurance creates character, and character creates confidence. We're not ashamed to have this confidence, because God's love has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Perhaps your current job is building character in you that God plans to use in your next job?

I am praying it is a quick transition for you, and that in your next job, you continue to move God's Kingdom forward.

May 20, 2017
Psalm 4:3 But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly; the Lord will hear when I call to Him.

Psalm 5:12 For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield

Psalm 9: 9-10 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

Best wishes, brother! Trust can be a scary thing. It is giving up that sense of control, but it can also be so freeing to just go ahead and lay it all at the feet of Jesus and rest in the knowledge that He knows, He cares and can and will take care of every detail as you make your way with His help.

GoofyArcher

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for the prayers,
I'm still waiting for one of the jobs to post, I was ask to apply for.
Waiting is nerve racking but i have used this time for a lot of prayer and time in his word.
Keep us in pray for emotional and financial protection during this event.

Feb 28, 2016
'Have Faith, Hope, and Charity, that's the way to live successfully,
how do I know? because the Bible tells me so'...old, not new, song...:):)

GoofyArcher

Dec 1, 2017
I really thank you for your support.

What I known in my heart is hard to get to my head.
I just worry about taking care of my family

GoofyArcher

Dec 1, 2017
Quick update
back to work, I think ill like this job, its a place where my life can be a witness.
and Tax return much higher than i would of ever guessed in my wildest dream

Trust is and was hard but His hand is there.