Faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Galatians 3:26 - For you are all sons of God through faith IN Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized INTO Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 2:16 - knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith IN Jesus Christ, even we have believed IN Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith IN Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith IN the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

1 Peter 1:9 - receiving the end of YOUR faith—the salvation of your souls.
You must study from a different version than the KJV, you have to many "IN's" and not enough "OF's".

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Faith begins with & is worthless without: Christ's Faith as the foundation:

Hebrews 12: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(NOTE: Christ is the author/begining & finisher/end of all faith)

It's a sinless Christ's faithful redemptive work & our faith placed in it

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by "faith of Jesus Christ" unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
(NOTE: The Faith "OF" Christ)

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the "faith of Christ" and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
(NOTE: It's the Faith "OF" Christ and thru the righteousness of Christ's faith. Christ becomes the Lord our righteousness (Jer 23:6 & 33:16). And God justifies us "Declares us Righteous in His sight)

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(NOTE: We live by the faith "OF" the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
(NOTE: The promise by the faith "OF" Jesus Christ It's our Faith placed in Christ's work)

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
(NOTE: From Faith to Faith)

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
(NOTE: The just live by """HIS""" faith!)

Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but "that which is through the faith of Christ", the righteousness which is of God by faith:
(NOTE: Not by our own righteousness abtained thru law keeping. BUT thru the faith "OF" Christ)

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
(NOTE: Jesus say's, we are sanctified by faith that is IN ME).

We access Gods Grace thru Faith (Rom 5:2) placed in Christ's finished redemptive sin atoning sacrificial work. Found in Christ's death (Sins required price PAID), burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (God's receipt, payment received & accepted). Then God imputes/transfers Christ's righteousness onto us & transfers/imputes our sins onto Christ. See this process in Lev 4: 22,24,27,29,31,32,33,35 & Lev 16:21 & Rom 4:3-8)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
If I’m understanding the question you are asking, “whose faith?” because of the wording, “faith OF the Son of God” then it’s clarified by understanding what faith means. It’s not a simple “belief” like “I believe people should have pets.” This is more of an opinion. A faith belief is a conviction. It moves you. It defines you. It’s belief in an idea thst kept the great inventors up all night in the workshop. It’s the belief that men should be free and inspired Canadians to risk their lives, helping slaves escape to the north.

So the “faith OF the Son of God” doesn’t mean what Jesus believed. It is the ideal, that the Messiah has come. The ideal that we are no longer individuals but part of a collective. The ideal that we are united, not like a team, but more like a body. The hand feeds the mouth, so the heart can beat. We are lead by one mind, the Head, which is Christ. At the resurrection we are raised because the fingers and the toes, and all parts are the Body and move with the Body. It is this conviction that lights our path.

The law was a list of rules to show right from wrong. It showed how to be a decent member of society who honours God. It was more like the tool of God. Christ came for us to be grafted into His being, so we are living extensions of Himself, like limbs. This is salvation.
To me, the faith of Christ is the "faithfulness of Jesus and his willingness to go to the cross".

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
one need his own faith to reach the grace of God

then by grace will be opened faith of Christ and by that faith everything

grace of God is not given before test of faith of believer and this can take much time
You have the cart before the horse. Exactly backwards.

Apr 12, 2019
You have the cart before the horse. Exactly backwards.
it is not me
the Holy Scripture

New International Version
But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

here we can see the faith of human being

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered.

here we see that they did not have the faith of God - but they believed in Jesus excluding Judas betrayer

and what i said in my post -

through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

and result of Grace -

World English Bible
The grace of our Lord abounded exceedingly with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

here is no cart no horse

here is from faith to faith till faith of Christ would appear

PS

Jan 11, 2013
We speak of (our) faith. Galatians says, For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized INTO Christ have put on Christ.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed INTO Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

We are crucified with Christ: nevertheless We live; yet not Us but Christ liveth in Us: and the life which We now live in the flesh We live by the faith OF the Son of God, who loved Us, and gave himself for Us.
(Gal 3:26-27; 2:16,20)

So I ask who's Faith?
You ask whose Faith?

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Heb 11:1)

It is we ourselves who need to have faith in God for salvation.

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Act 16:30-31)

God knows all things. No faith necessary for the Almighty. However, we need to have faith in Him.

Dec 9, 2011
We speak of (our) faith. Galatians says, For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized INTO Christ have put on Christ.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed INTO Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

We are crucified with Christ: nevertheless We live; yet not Us but Christ liveth in Us: and the life which We now live in the flesh We live by the faith OF the Son of God, who loved Us, and gave himself for Us.
(Gal 3:26-27; 2:16,20)

So I ask who's Faith?
I underlined the part that I'm focusing on to answer and I was thinking that they said we are justified by the faith of JESUS and they also we have believed.

When they say we have believed,then they would have had to believe first,then GOD would give them the faith of JESUS.

I was wondering how would believing not be the same as the faith of JESUS so then IMO believing before receiving the faith of JESUS would of had to be done the way a man would believe which would be based on their senses.

Sidenote:I wonder If the WORD faith In the Hebrew means the same as believing that we might use today?

Dec 9, 2011
Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the word) down from above: ) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the word) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; For Christ (the word in the heart and mouth) is the end of the law (written on parchment and Tables of Stone) for righteousness to every one that believeth
(Rom 10:4-8 KJV)
Yes,I Interpret those scripture verses to mean when It comes to salvation that we shouldn't be focused on GOD physically coming down from heaven to save us or If we die who will bring us back from the dead but we should focus on Faith.But the WORD IS near,first In your mouth and In your heart.

Dec 9, 2011
IMHO The difference from faith of, to faith in? Comes into play the very MOMENT one "picks up one's cross." Or, "takes it upon one's self."

How it "effects" doctrine, can be seen by how many denominations of believers there are out there.
As traditions of man, makes void the word of God?
Causes much ponderings (at least to me), as to whether many "teachers of doctrine", are teaching from their faith in Christ. And not of Christ.
sounds like you are saying that the moment a person takes up their cross Is talking about progressive sanctification because only someone that has been saved first would take up their cross.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
it is not me
the Holy Scripture

But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

here we can see the faith of human being

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered.

here we see that they did not have the faith of God - but they believed in Jesus excluding Judas betrayer

and what i said in my post -

through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

and result of Grace -

World English Bible
The grace of our Lord abounded exceedingly with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

here is no cart no horse

here is from faith to faith till faith of Christ would appear
All of the accounts you are referring to are regenerated children of God. The only faith that the natural man has, 1 Cor 2:14, is faith in worldly things. He has no faith in spiritual things that he cannot discern. Spiritual faith comes in regeneration and spiritual faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
You ask whose Faith?

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Heb 11:1)

It is we ourselves who need to have faith in God for salvation.

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Act 16:30-31)

God knows all things. No faith necessary for the Almighty. However, we need to have faith in Him.
The jailer was already born again. Only God's sheep hear his voice and are able to believe in spiritual things and he knows his sheep and gives them eternal life. Salvation is interpreted from the Greek to mean "a deliverance". There is a deliverance (salvation here in time, but not eternal) when a child of God (his sheep) come unto a knowledge of the truth.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I underlined the part that I'm focusing on to answer and I was thinking that they said we are justified by the faith of JESUS and they also we have believed.

When they say we have believed,then they would have had to believe first,then GOD would give them the faith of JESUS.

I was wondering how would believing not be the same as the faith of JESUS so then IMO believing before receiving the faith of JESUS would of had to be done the way a man would believe which would be based on their senses.

Sidenote:I wonder If the WORD faith In the Hebrew means the same as believing that we might use today?
Spiritual faith comes only after receiving the Holy Spirit in regeneration because spiritual faith is a fruit of the Spirit. The natural man only has faith in worldly things, 1 Cor 2:14.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
sounds like you are saying that the moment a person takes up their cross Is talking about progressive sanctification because only someone that has been saved first would take up their cross.
This is one of your statements that is true.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Yes,I Interpret those scripture verses to mean when It comes to salvation that we shouldn't be focused on GOD physically coming down from heaven to save us or If we die who will bring us back from the dead but we should focus on Faith.But the WORD IS near,first In your mouth and In your heart.
Christ and the word are being used as synonyms in the text. Also the phrase "that is" is part of the answer asked at the beginning of the verse. And the phrase "that is" defines what Christ; the word in the heart is or sums up to. It is the word of Faith in which we preach.

Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ (the word) down from above: ) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ (the word) again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; For Christ (the word in the heart and mouth) is the end of the law (written on parchment and Tables of Stone) for righteousness to every one that believeth
(Rom 10:4-8 KJV)

Dec 9, 2011
Spiritual faith comes only after receiving the Holy Spirit in regeneration because spiritual faith is a fruit of the Spirit. The natural man only has faith in worldly things, 1 Cor 2:14.
IMO,In this case, faith that a human being would use would be called believing which depends on 5 sense knowledge.

Apr 12, 2019
IMO,In this case, faith that a human being would use would be called believing which depends on 5 sense knowledge.
but after rebirth one who is born should see the kingdom of God
and after that to enter it
All of the accounts you are referring to are regenerated children of God. The only faith that the natural man has, 1 Cor 2:14, is faith in worldly things. He has no faith in spiritual things that he cannot discern. Spiritual faith comes in regeneration and spiritual faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.
disciples with Christ did not have the Holy spirit and consequently no regeneration

the statement of definition of being born from God one should read as follows -

every one who believes by God's Faith that Jesus is the Christ is son of God
by devil faith one is son of devil

and by human faith also not enough to believe to become the son of God

your faith should be tested and by your faith should be bestowed on you the grace of God which will give you faith of Christ and by that faith adoption as son

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Faith is a gift but it is given to us.

If the gifts that are given to you aren't personally yours then they are just an intellectual idea.

That's my Salvation. That's my faith. That's my joy. Even though it is all of and from Christ. Christ is the essence of all of it.
Yes :)

Romans 12:3
For I say through the grace that is giuen vnto me, to euery one that is among you, that no man presume to vnderstande aboue that which is meete to vnderstand, but that he vnderstande according to sobrietie, as God hath dealt to euery man the measure of faith.