M
Mooky
Guest
Hi American friends,
I just thought I would make you aware of a scam in your area ...particularly in Wisconsin and Michigan.
Guys with an Indian accent are contacting people and pretending to be from the IRS.They are claiming that you have evaded tax and that if you don't cough up the dough - the police will be there the next day to arrest you and freeze your assets.
They offer you two options : pay now or be arrested.The method of payment they suggest is an apple gift card, itunes gift card or a walmart card.They want you to buy these cards while they keep you online and while you upload sums of 1500 bucks on there.You are then to read back the code to them and you have just been tricked out of cash.
I have been made aware of this through youtube videos on my youtube feed - where folks who clue on to the scam try and waste their time.
Unfortunately I can"t share some of the funnier ones due to expletives.....but here is one example.(Please warn others you may know who due to gullibility or naivete might fall for this fraud.)
[video=youtube;iWlu7mrn3Qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWlu7mrn3Qk[/video]
I just thought I would make you aware of a scam in your area ...particularly in Wisconsin and Michigan.
Guys with an Indian accent are contacting people and pretending to be from the IRS.They are claiming that you have evaded tax and that if you don't cough up the dough - the police will be there the next day to arrest you and freeze your assets.
They offer you two options : pay now or be arrested.The method of payment they suggest is an apple gift card, itunes gift card or a walmart card.They want you to buy these cards while they keep you online and while you upload sums of 1500 bucks on there.You are then to read back the code to them and you have just been tricked out of cash.
I have been made aware of this through youtube videos on my youtube feed - where folks who clue on to the scam try and waste their time.
Unfortunately I can"t share some of the funnier ones due to expletives.....but here is one example.(Please warn others you may know who due to gullibility or naivete might fall for this fraud.)
[video=youtube;iWlu7mrn3Qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWlu7mrn3Qk[/video]
Last edited: