I know all through out the bible people fell forward on there knees and faces before God as He is Holy....and before Jesus to worship HIM...
That was voluntary. In his culture, it was common for one to bow to others out of respect.
I know all through out the bible people fell forward on there knees and faces before God as He is Holy....and before Jesus to worship HIM...
Numbers 20:30-31 (he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face)
And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.
31 Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.
i have wondered this myself as the diff. in falling backwards and falling forward?
In this one the men who were coming for Jesus were thrown back by the power of the Lord..
falling back is in the word...but the term slain in the Spirit i do not see.
I was being prophesied over, and as soon as the minister said, woman of the Word...the power of God hit me in the stomach, and I went down forward, then backward. Lol
Guess I'm covered then. Haha.
Why would God empower unbelievers?
Ez.1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so [was] the appearance of the brightness round about. This [was] the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw [it], I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
To be honest I have no idea what the foundation reason or significance of it is but I have experienced it before. It kind of came out of nowhere and I suddenly lost all strength in my body mind and soul it was almost like I didn't even exist yet the second I fell I was in fathers arms like actually in his arms not just how people always say we are in his arms but mentally spiritually and physically in his arms.
The love that was being poured into me was like nothing I have ever known or even fathomed could exist, his arms were so warm and inviting and I was home it was my heaven my home my very reason of being created and the love he was pouring into me was so deep and so rich that I couldn't handle it. It was only a tiny drop of his love and yet it was so deep and so rich that I cried out and begged for him to take me and let me rest in his arms forever. But then I saw in my minds eye me on the ground as I had lost all strength and then I saw him lifting my up with his hand wanting me to stand and be strong but I stopped him saying I didn't want to be stand because I knew if I did I would not be in his arms like that anymore but then he spoke saying I need you to be strong for me and his words alone gave my soul and body it's strength again.
People discount being slain in the spirit and while I have no idea why it is or for what reason it is I can assure you it's very real
Sherril said: Numbers 20:30-31 (he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face)
And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? and he said, Nay.
31 Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and he saw the angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawn in his hand: and he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.
i have wondered this myself as the diff. in falling backwards and falling forward?
This thing is not unique,
"
15 After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.
16 But, exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me."
I would ask what kind of authority? One that comes by a signs and wonders gospel causing wonderment as emotional excitement .Or the authority of faith, as it is written that causes a contrite humble heart.. boring to some?? Wonderful words of life to others.
It sounds like you are giving an excuse for why we today are not doing the works and miracles that Christ did.The greater works are not greater in substance but greater in number. There is no greater work than the gospel raising the dead to new spirit life.
The Son of man was limited until he left and the unseen Holy Spirit began its work at Pentecost three thousand a greater number entered paradise in the twinkling of the eye .Before that perhaps 500 all together for that short ministry approx. 3 years
I can believe an honest emotional euphoria in your congregation, but were there miracles going on as well?I grew up in this environment. And for the most part, we were smaller congregations of farmers, town folks, a place where everyone knew everyone. And I can assure you, we did not have role playing going on. We knew each other way too well to know who was genuine or ever being a fake.
Now, I cannot claim what we have seen on tv in churches of 3 to 8 thousand people, where you will only knew a few members at most, they do not have professional role players. But I can assure you this much, in small congregations where people know everyone's LUGGAGE. If you are faking something, you could lose your business, your good name, everything you have worked for. Because small town people don't put up with someone not being genuinely who they are.
And when the Spirit of God flows during worship, altar call, it does not get any realer and genuine than that in a small town church atmosphere!!
I played fullback and middle linebacker in football, and had a full ride to Ohio State before breaking my leg in my final high school state championship game. Nothing could push me over/around nothing!! In my junior year of high school, I was so connected to the Spirit in this particular service, I was a literal live wire. I don't know who it was that was praying/walking around and touching those of us in worship, and I don't even remember how I ended up on the church floor. But when I awoke or came back to reality, my legs could not support me as they were just shaking, I literally crawled by pulling myself over the floor to a pew and forced myself up onto the pew. I do not know what you should properly call that, but I was connected to God like I had never been before that moment. And some how I ended up on the church floor with no ability to use my legs. If I was not overwhelmed-slain-whatever then there is no term for it. But I do know this much. The way I felt, drained like I ran a 26 mile marathon, boxed 15 rounds, whatever, NO HUMAN never had the ability TO DO THAT TO ME EVER!! It was only God who could do that to me and He did!!
Why are catchers needed? How does one know it was God who hit you? It would make more sense for a demon to hit you. or just an emotional response on your part.
Mormons claim to have a burning in the bosom, does that make their claim to truth as real?
Yeah I have noticed this too.I'm not so certain that being baptized with fire is such a "good thing" noting the context of Matthew 3:11, 12, 13. It appears that the fire is referencing judgment on those who do not bear good fruit...not some sort of holiness movement of today. Luke 3:7-17 seems to conclude with the fire being judgment as well in its context.
In my opinion, being dignified as a preacher makes you about as equal to a Pharisee. And don't get me wrong, I like how Charles Stanley preached for years. But you could tell he had joy sharing the word of God. It was living inside him and he eloquently related it to others.
But I wished I was able to see Peter preach. I envision many Pentecostal preachers to what I see from Peter. We have a fisherman turned Disciple later became Apostle. He was fiery you could tell. Even when he was wrong , he did it with character like his rebuke of Christ, like the fact he took his sword (which he clearly did not know how to use) and tried to defend Yeshua, yes he also denied Christ, but after Yeshua ascended, his boldness grew. He spoke authority to the governing law who punished him for preaching and healing (to which he replied, I am only listening to Jesus and not YOU), he ran as fast as he could and laid the blame of the death of Christ right at the Jews feet, he was stubborn and at times ignorant but absolutely 100% genuine. Peter had character, like a preacher of God should have. He wore his beliefs and feelings on his sleeve.
Peter would never be in an denomination (organization) that told him who qualified to be guest preachers, who qualified what one can preach and cannot preach.
Just like my father-n-law. As a Baptist preacher, he took orders and had parameters set by MAN he had to follow and obey. As a Pentecostal preacher, his parameters and orders are by what God instructs and leads him what to preach. That is how I do it, and how it only should be done!!
It sounds like you are giving an excuse for why we today are not doing the works and miracles that Christ did.
I on the other hand acknowledge truth in the Word, and realize that I do not fully believe on Christ.
I would offer. Falling on face is forward to show repentance. Using a Ass as an ceremonial unclean animal to represent a unbeliever. This is to show us he is not served by human hands in any way shape or form like the false prophet Balaam. In the end, supernaturally restraining the madness of false prophets or false apostles.