False Prophets and the accursed Gospel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 21, 2018
2 Corinthians 11:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

His ministers are preaching righteousness (self righteousness) they shall be judged according to their works bc they do not have God's RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Romans 10:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

They have Neglected the FREE GIFT of EVERLASTING LIFE and IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS obtained through simple faith in Jesus alone.

Philippians 3:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Galatians 1:6-9 King James Version (KJV)
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Anyone who tells you ETERNAL LIFE is temporal (you can lose it) is a false profit. Anyone who teaches you have to earn God's Grace by repenting of sin rather than trusting in Jesus' death (for our sins) burial, and resurrection according to scripture alone is a false prophet. Anyone who mixes grace with works to be justified is a false profit. Anyone who bases salvation of a person by how they live is a false profit. Anyone who say faith alone but true faith will produce good works is a false profit.

The false Gospel is so prevalent that the real Gospel is considered heresy and people are offended by the cross bc they think they play a part in salvation. Your works wernt good enough to get you saved how are they gonna keep you saved? It's God who keeps us. I shall lose none neither shall any man pluck them outta my hand.. (paraphrasing). Where sin abounds grace does much more abound. It says much more abound! Cmon people OSAS is biblical. Repent (change your mind) and BELIEVE on Jesus Godbless

U

Ugly

Why do you spell prophet right in your title but spell it profit everywhere else?
And do you really think you'll change anyones mind with this post? This argument has been a dead end with no one giving even a little bit. You'd be better off digging through a brick wall with a sheet of paper than trying to change anyones mind.
And usually telling people they need to repent in such a manner is an immediate turn off and people view you more negatively.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Anyone who teaches you have to earn God's Grace by repenting of sin rather than trusting in Jesus' death (for our sins) burial, and resurrection according to scripture alone is a false prophet.
Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Repentance is part of the Gospel

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
John 14:23-26, “יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our stay with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me. These Words I have spoken to you while still with you. But the Helper, the Set-apart Spirit, whom the Father shall send in My Name, He shall teach you all, and remind you of all that I said to you.”

Revelation 2:1-3, “To the messenger of the assembly of Ephesos write, ‘He who is holding the seven stars in His right hand, who is walking in the midst of the seven golden lampstands, says this: “I know your works, and your labour, and your endurance, and that you are not able to bear evil ones, and have tried those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them false; and you have been bearing up and have endurance, and have labored for My Name’s sake and have not become weary.”

John/Yahanan 14:26, “But the Comforter; the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I (Yahshua/Jesus) have said to you.”

Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My teachings will not pass away.”

John 5:43, “I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow.”

Aug 21, 2018
Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Repentance is part of the Gospel
Repentance from dead works and of faith toward Christ. repentance means to change your mind God repented 39 times.

Dec 12, 2013
I fully agree with eternal security.....and salvation is an immediate possession<---a present continuing result from a past completed action!

Aug 21, 2018
Why do you spell prophet right in your title but spell it profit everywhere else?
And do you really think you'll change anyones mind with this post? This argument has been a dead end with no one giving even a little bit. You'd be better off digging through a brick wall with a sheet of paper than trying to change anyones mind.
And usually telling people they need to repent in such a manner is an immediate turn off and people view you more negatively.
Must of been the spell ck. You must thing Jesus gives you temporal life, and that you can perish, that man can pluck you outta his hand and the holy spirit doesn't seal you until the day of redemption that the comforter must not abide with you forever and God will lose his own that God does leave and forsake you.

Aug 21, 2018
I fully agree with eternal security.....and salvation is an immediate possession<---a present continuing result from a past completed action!
yes sir that past completed action was Jesus' death for our sins his burial and resurrection all according to scripture and all we do is believe it by faith. No works required on our part

Aug 21, 2018
John 14:23-26, “יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our stay with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me. These Words I have spoken to you while still with you. But the Helper, the Set-apart Spirit, whom the Father shall send in My Name, He shall teach you all, and remind you of all that I said to you.”

Revelation 2:1-3, “To the messenger of the assembly of Ephesos write, ‘He who is holding the seven stars in His right hand, who is walking in the midst of the seven golden lampstands, says this: “I know your works, and your labour, and your endurance, and that you are not able to bear evil ones, and have tried those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them false; and you have been bearing up and have endurance, and have labored for My Name’s sake and have not become weary.”

John/Yahanan 14:26, “But the Comforter; the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I (Yahshua/Jesus) have said to you.”

Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My teachings will not pass away.”

John 5:43, “I have come in My Father's Name, but you do not follow Me. Let another come in his own name; him you will follow.”
Loving God is not a condition of salvation. Look at all the SAVED BRETHREN IN CORINTH

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
yes sir that past completed action was Jesus' death for our sins his burial and resurrection all according to scripture and all we do is believe it by faith. No works required on our part
Not only are works not required for Christ's salvation, it would be inappropriate, since His work is a matter of Grace and not merit. That being said, a repentant sinner that has been saved could be called by faith to do good works. And/Or a person who considers himself repentant and has desire for good works may have slipped from Grace.

7seasrekeyed

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

His ministers are preaching righteousness (self righteousness) they shall be judged according to their works bc they do not have God's RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Romans 10:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

They have Neglected the FREE GIFT of EVERLASTING LIFE and IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS obtained through simple faith in Jesus alone.

Philippians 3:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Galatians 1:6-9 King James Version (KJV)
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Anyone who tells you ETERNAL LIFE is temporal (you can lose it) is a false profit. Anyone who teaches you have to earn God's Grace by repenting of sin rather than trusting in Jesus' death (for our sins) burial, and resurrection according to scripture alone is a false prophet. Anyone who mixes grace with works to be justified is a false profit. Anyone who bases salvation of a person by how they live is a false profit. Anyone who say faith alone but true faith will produce good works is a false profit.

The false Gospel is so prevalent that the real Gospel is considered heresy and people are offended by the cross bc they think they play a part in salvation. Your works wernt good enough to get you saved how are they gonna keep you saved? It's God who keeps us. I shall lose none neither shall any man pluck them outta my hand.. (paraphrasing). Where sin abounds grace does much more abound. It says much more abound! Cmon people OSAS is biblical. Repent (change your mind) and BELIEVE on Jesus Godbless
far too many get hung up on the 'works'

just had that conversation with someone here who could not wrap his understanding around the fact we cannot abuse God's grace

God's grace is constant and unchanging as is He. we can accept or reject His grace but it does not dent it either way

insisting that you have to have 'works' is, IMO, an observation made by those who do not seem to understand what the 'works' are

the Bible calls them the 'good works we were created in Christ Jesus to do'

I have yet to get a proper answer from the work or die folks on what they think those works might be

anyone can do works...so it has to be more than simply works you do, so, if it is, then it involves what is going on inside a person and since we cannot look on a person's heart to judge them we don't know if what we see displayed are actually done according to God or if the person is working for their understanding of salvation

we do not work for salvation and we do not work to remain saved

an entire nation tried that and it didn't work and God never expected it to work which is why He promised the solution as His original creation was shown the way out of the Garden

Aug 21, 2018
Not only are works not required for Christ's salvation, it would be inappropriate, since His work is a matter of Grace and not merit. That being said, a repentant sinner that has been saved could be called by faith to do good works. And/Or a person who considers himself repentant and has desire for good works may have slipped from Grace.
It happens when their faith is shipwrecked. God does chastise his children even unto sleep (physical death) for shaming his name but will never cast his children into Hell. The prodigal son is a good example of two son one obedient and one disobedient but had the same Father regardless.

Aug 21, 2018
just had that conversation with someone here who could not wrap his understanding around the fact we cannot abuse God's grace
Some SAVED people abuse Gods Grace But there is severe consequences and chastisement for those who do. God chastens his children to bring them back in line sometimes unto sleep (physical death) takes them home early but he will never cast his children into hell. Look at the miserable life the prodigal had but he was still the the fathers son regardless of how he lived

7seasrekeyed

Some SAVED people abuse Gods Grace But there is severe consequences and chastisement for those who do. God chastens his children to bring them back in line sometimes unto sleep (physical death) takes them home early but he will never cast his children into hell. Look at the miserable life the prodigal had but he was still the the fathers son regardless of how he lived
no they cannot abuse God's grace. it does not change ~ it is constant

we change and yes God does chasten his children, but they do not loose any part of His grace

I wish people would understand that

Aug 21, 2018
no they cannot abuse God's grace. it does not change ~ it is constant

we change and yes God does chasten his children, but they do not loose any part of His grace

I wish people would understand that
What i was talking about is a saved person who goes out and commits every sin in the book bc he knows God's grace covers him completely, he knows what hes doing is sin but doesn't care bc hes going to heaven anyway. But yes God's grace does not change it remains amazing grace ;)

7seasrekeyed

What i was talking about is a saved person who goes out and commits every sin in the book bc he knows God's grace covers him completely, he knows what hes doing is sin but doesn't care bc hes going to heaven anyway. But yes God's grace does not change it remains amazing grace ;)
I honestly don't know anyone that has gone out sinning for all they're worth because they think they are covered

people say that, but I have never seen it or heard of it frankly

people might call that abusing the grace of God but they are really just abusing themselves

you know? today if you hear His voice don't harden your heart

but God's grace does not change as you say :)

U

Ugly

Must of been the spell ck. You must thing Jesus gives you temporal life, and that you can perish, that man can pluck you outta his hand and the holy spirit doesn't seal you until the day of redemption that the comforter must not abide with you forever and God will lose his own that God does leave and forsake you.
I'm not sure where you fabricated this idea about what I believe. I never mentioned, at any point, what I believe. As a user on this site of 7 years I've seen the bible discussion forums spinning on the exact same topics over and over. This is one of them. And in that 7 years I've never seen EITHER SIDE budge on what they believe.
And That was my point, regardless of what I believe.
Oh, and when I was a Christian I was OSAS. Perhaps it may behoove you to read things rather than fabricate things from a defensive posture.

U

UnderGrace

God's grace is not a covering for sin.

Where sin abounds grace much more abounds” This is not saying that when your caught in great sin there is enough grace to cover it.