false witness

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lindsay

Banned
May 28, 2012
270
0
0
Someone in chat asks you to pray for them. That person who asks for prayer has told so many lies that I now believe everything was all lies and and I have prayed under falsehoods. Does that make me a false witness? I prayed for that person with the best of intentions. Now I feel as if I have done something wrong. Am I going to be held accountable for saying prayers for that person? There were so many.
 
As I understand it, the other person asked for prayer. You responded with a clear conscience and, as you say, the best of intentions.

You have done nothing wrong and will not be held accountable. Because you showed Christian love for the other person when you prayed. Love isn't a sin. Don't worry.

You can't be held responsible for praying about false situations which you believe are real. Well done for being willing to pray. Please continue and may God richly strengthen you.
 
"Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves." Don't feel bad about praying for them at all.

The person might still need prayer for whatever is going on that makes them want to make things up to gain attention. :)
 
no u are pure-ly perfectly totally fully innocent.o.k so please do not worry i know u well enough sister u have a very much alot pure heart and pure love 4 OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST B BLESSED ALLWAYS AMEN,!!!!!!!!....
 
Someone in chat asks you to pray for them. That person who asks for prayer has told so many lies that I now believe everything was all lies and and I have prayed under falsehoods. Does that make me a false witness? I prayed for that person with the best of intentions. Now I feel as if I have done something wrong. Am I going to be held accountable for saying prayers for that person? There were so many.

NOT AT ALL. THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS, IF YOU BLESS SOMEONE SAME THING PRAYERS AND IF THAT PERSON IS NOT WORTHY, IT WILL COME BACK UPON YOU. SO YOU
DID REAL GOOD.!
 
Remember, its not always about your actions, but its often about your heart and intentions. You had good intentions, God knows this. We can't go around trying ti discern if every prayer request is valid, God knows this as well. Just keep praying for people and if some turn out to be false requests, at least you know you did the right thing still.
 
Thank you for your answers...I talked to a pastor today and he said the same. thanks again
 
Well my mom always told me this, God is not mocked,
if people want to know he's real he'll show them himself just so they will believe,
but don't worry, God is love, he is a God of mercy and justice, he turns our situations around
so that it is made right, if you cast your cares on him.

shake the dust off your feet, and move forward, just do your best, let God do the rest. ;)
 
you did nothing wrong , you prayed without judging the other person and did it with a sincere heart, but still pray for that they will stop being deceitful and dishonest especially when asking for prayer