Family/Money Trouble

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
My tuition for my next classes is 6900 dollars. My mom wants me to confront my dad and ask for the money but acting or not on it could mess up my relationship with either parent. I've tried to find work but I still don't have a job, and the the pressure is high because it's due by next month. I've even tried to become an online tutor but the demand for the subjects I wanted to tutor for weren't in high demand, so I didn't get that job either. It's a complicated situation and I'm stuck uncomfortably in the middle of it. So please pray that everything turns out alright. Thanks.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Keep your faith in God's plan for your life above all else. I pray that in His mercy He will turn things around for you to lead you down the path that will bring you great joy and serve His purpose for your days.

It is hard to not know what is around the corner, and all you have is "this moment". And all you can do is completely trust His mercy and compassion for you. Keep assuring yourself that "all will be well" and remember that things are received in your spirit first before you begin to see the evidence.

Replace your fears with the knowledge that your life is not your own once you give yourself to Jesus. And He is faithful to bring you out into a good place. He has plans for you - just let them come.

You can continue to knock on doors, and the one that God has ready for you to walk through will be opened.

Believe in miracles!

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Lord, I pray for this person to have provision to continue education through whatever means You want to provide—either by personal loan, school loan, scholarship, dad's help, small jobs, etc.... I pray things that financial issues would bring the family closer instead of driving a wedge between them. I pray, above all, this situation would bring them closer to You. Thank You, Jesus, for making penknight intelligent, caring, responsible, and a follower of Jesus. In Christ's Name, Amen.

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
Keep your faith in God's plan for your life above all else. I pray that in His mercy He will turn things around for you to lead you down the path that will bring you great joy and serve His purpose for your days.

It is hard to not know what is around the corner, and all you have is "this moment". And all you can do is completely trust His mercy and compassion for you. Keep assuring yourself that "all will be well" and remember that things are received in your spirit first before you begin to see the evidence.

Replace your fears with the knowledge that your life is not your own once you give yourself to Jesus. And He is faithful to bring you out into a good place. He has plans for you - just let them come.

You can continue to knock on doors, and the one that God has ready for you to walk through will be opened.

Believe in miracles!
Thank you. It's easy to remind ourselves that God is looking out for us, and then worry anyway. But when someone else confirms again God's will to us, it's one of the most calming and pleasant feelings there is. I just needed someone to remind me of who He is. So I thank you very much.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God bless penknight in this matter and let you be glorified. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation, friend. I know how hard and frustrating it must be for you to go through financial difficulty. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to provide for all your needs, work out everything good for you, and surround you with many reminders of His unfailing watch-care. Remember that He cares about every detail of your life. Stay strong in Him. May He be your provider and sustainer in many tangible ways. Blessings!

K

kittycat7

.but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.
John 4:14

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hopefully, you have not been accumulating massive student debt that will have a severe adverse impact on your finances down the road. Or, pursuing a degree that will provide limited employment opportunities or none at all.

My recommendation is to consider joining the military and let them pay for a major portion of college expenses when your enlistment ends. Plus, while you are in the service they will pay for a lot of online courses to further your education. If you want high demand employment opportunities then this is what you should study for.

A lot of college students don't even graduate and are then burdened with massive student loan debt that must be repaid and cannot be written off by bankruptcy.

It's really not at all complicated.

Feb 28, 2016
some good advice and some beautiful prayers...

at one time in hub's and my lives, we had to go to 'day-labor', in order to pay
our bills first, first and fore-most for our way of living (no man')...

we both, in our past lives, at different times, have been 'rich-poor', and Jesus has taught us
to survive by listening/obeying only to Him, for what ever reason or way He wants us to go
for His purpose for us in our journey as we go along to abide in His Holy Home for us,,.