Faster answers to prayers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 25, 2020
I have found that getting answers to my prayers to be one of the most confusing things in my Christian life. I know that there are three responses to any prayer to God. Sometimes the answer is “No”. Sometimes it is a “Yes”. Sometimes it is a “Yes, but not now”. And there are various reasons why God would say “No”, “Yes” or “Yes, but not now” which I will not get into.

However, it is really confusing when you find yourself in a situation where you pray about the same things as another Christian, and you are more devoted than them and their prayers get answered faster than yours.

I have analyzed some of my answered prayers and had discussions with others and they are three things that stood out about the prayers that got answered really quickly.

Prayers with many beneficiaries
I have noticed that the more people there are that benefit from God answering my prayer, the faster it normally gets answered. So if I ask God for something that only benefits me or only my family, it takes longer than if it also benefits others outside of my family circle.
For example, if you promise God that if you get a job, you will give a certain amount to an orphanage every month, the prayer of getting a job is most likely to be answered faster unlike if the income will only benefit you (especially if you are already getting your needs supplied by family members). However, you will have to act upon your promise and never fail in keeping it.

Prayer request is a need
There are few occasions in my life where God has answered a prayer for what I did not need, but only wanted. The bible promises the God shall supply what we need (Philippians 4:19). For example, if you want a job, but you already have your needs already supplied because you have family members supporting you, it might take longer for your request for a job to materialize since it not an immediate need.

Praying for others (Intercessory Prayer)
I was once in a bible study and we were discussing prayer. One of the men who attended said that he had been praying for a long time for his wayward children to change and had not seen any results until one of the church members asked him to pray for her wayward children. He decided to pray for this lady’s children to change. He said that when he started doing this, he started seeing that his own children were changing and their behavior was not the same as it was before and his prayer got answered.

I have also noticed like this man, that when I pray for others and ask God to help those who have the same problems as me, my prayers get answered at a faster rate, then when I am only praying for myself. When God sees you behaving in a selfless way and sees that you desire others to change or overcome their problems or also obtain something you desire, God acts faster in answering your prayers.

Disclaimer
God, off course cannot be manipulated and you cannot twist His arm and you cannot make Him do anything.
You could pray a prayer that benefits more than 20 people and God can still say “No”. He sees the overall picture. What you are asking could be what is good, but He knows of something better.
However, in general, the trend that I have seen is that my prayers where I only considered myself got answered after months, or even after years. And my selfless prayers or where others were considered got answered sooner.

However, I have also noticed that there are certain prayers that do not take a long time to be answered and are sometimes answered immediately even if I am the only one that benefits from them. Like prayer for God’s protection, prayer for discernment and prayer for wisdom.

What things have you noticed that result in prayers being answered faster than usual? Do you have similar experiences as me?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what an interesting topic Godcares.

Yes I find in general God loves that we ask, but if we ask amiss (usually for selfish reasons) God reserves the right to delay.

Book of Job is interesting because Job had all this stuff happen to him and he didnt know why, and wasnt getting much answer from God. And then God does answer and its not what Job expects. But its only when Job prays for his friends (and not himself) that God gives him as much as he had before.

Definitely if we ask for wisdom God gives it liberally. I only have to say 'God I need your wisdom' and He will give me a verse from the Bible straight away. I still need to look it up but its kinda instant.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I did a couple of short blogs on prayer, you can find them Here and Here

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
This is what is written and I truly believe:
23 “Truly[a] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mk 11:23-24
Believe and receive salvation, good health, needs met, Godly desires of our heart is what we have when we are in obedience to Him, Amen.

Jun 25, 2020
Book of Job is interesting because Job had all this stuff happen to him and he didnt know why, and wasnt getting much answer from God. And then God does answer and its not what Job expects. But its only when Job prays for his friends (and not himself) that God gives him as much as he had before.
That is a good point. Job's prayer for his friends shows how powerful intercessory prayer is.

Jun 25, 2020
I did a couple of short blogs on prayer, you can find them Here and Here
Those are really interesting blogs.
I especially like the blog about the Lord’s Prayer. I personally pray the Lord’s Prayer every day. It is definitely a prayer that addresses every aspect of our lives.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Sometimes God answers prayers more quickly when you let go of the situation and give it to him instead of trying to control it. This admittingly is very hard to do at times especially when something can mean so much to you.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
what an interesting topic Godcares.

Yes I find in general God loves that we ask, but if we ask amiss (usually for selfish reasons) God reserves the right to delay.

Definitely if we ask for wisdom God gives it liberally. I only have to say 'God I need your wisdom' and He will give me a verse from the Bible straight away. I still need to look it up but its kinda instant.
Yes, quite interesting. There's a class on the Life and Ministry of Prayer at Bible school i am enrolled in, but cannot afford to take the subject this sem. Just sitting in the first 2 lessons, i have been gaining insight i havent known or realized in my Christian life.

While i love to read God's word, i see i didnt always pray (long or) as much as i hope i did, like after reading. I did understand that waiting on the Lord while waiting for prayers to be answered isnt a bad thing at all.. but many do not want the waiting God puts us thru. That's when He is working out things in our and other people's lives, and i believe we cannot rush that. Thankfully, we can pray bits throughout the day.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Those are really interesting blogs.
I especially like the blog about the Lord’s Prayer. I personally pray the Lord’s Prayer every day. It is definitely a prayer that addresses every aspect of our lives.
There are days i worked or did other things and finished later in the day and plopped into bed on my face to pray. So tired to say much, i say the Lord's prayer and a few other things i could still while awake=).