Favorates of this time of year! :)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2009
14,479
182
63
I dont know about you, but I love this time of year. :)
The fall leaves, windy days, frost that paints everything with diamonds.
More time inside with a fire and family. :)
And foods, satsuma tangerines are my fave, like candy for me, and eggnog mixed with sprite, a dab of whipped cream on top, with just a sprinkle of nutmeg. Yum!

Seems like every time of year has its own faves and joys! :)
Share some of your faves. :)

God bless
pickles
 
the fresh cool air down here in Georgia ( u.s.), and college football!!
 
Last edited:
we love this time of year also, like all of the brand-new seasons that roll by.

the turkeys feathers have changed colors along with the cardinals and other birdies -
the horses coats are starting to thicken -
the princely cat is starting to snooze a little longer -
we know it won't be long before the neighbors will be making that first pot of chili -
we are longing for that delicate crispness in the air that makes us want to click our heels -
another time to be Thankful for all blessings received throughout the year -

is there a whole seasonal change going on through out the heavens?
we believe so...
;)
 
My favorite time of year is coming soon, once december starts the Christmas spirit will be in the air
 
good one blain, but not to be a downer, so will all the commercial garbage that has attached itself to the Christmas season.
 
We just had some chili this week yum....Then it is pumpkin pie season, hot chocolate, also made a pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions foods that are way too heavy for the heat of summer just ended.

Thinking about making candies for Christmas gifts, buckeyes, coconut balls dipped in chocolate, fudge.....I am 15 pound fatter just thinking about it and rolling all those balls to be dipped in chocolate....so much fun and sugar overload.....yum.........
 
I love the cool crisp air! I love bundling up and being warm in a sweater but feeling the cool air on my face. The colors of fall are so beautiful. I live in the woods, surrounded by trees and sitting on the porch a while ago, I loved the wind blowing and watching the leaves fall.
What I don't like is all of the commercial garb that distorts Christmas for a lot of folks......
 
the princely cat is starting to snooze a little longer -
we know it won't be long before the neighbors will be making that first pot of chili -
(quote from oldthennew)

I love how our cats want to be inside now as well, they also become regular lap cats, mostly for the warmth Im sure. :)
The chili sounds wonderful, around our house its clam chowder, every day now I have a son or daughter calling to ask if Im making clam chowder today, asking will I make extra for them. :)
And oyster crackers, must have oyster crackers! :)

God bless
pickles
 
I love the cool crisp air! I love bundling up and being warm in a sweater but feeling the cool air on my face. The colors of fall are so beautiful. I live in the woods, surrounded by trees and sitting on the porch a while ago, I loved the wind blowing and watching the leaves fall.

me, too.

thanks for autumn, Father. ♥
 
pumpkin everything! (except coffee...can't get on that bandwagon. lol)

pies! the kids started a tradition a few years ago they call 'Pie Fest'.
:rolleyes:
i make a couple ahead of time, and all their friends come over,
and they make a bunch of pies and a big mess together.

i make a big something (soup and bread, chili, sloppy joes and salad...)
and everyone goes home stuffed. ♥