Favorite Bible verse/verses.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
I still don't have a personal favorite bible verse but I thought I might as well ask others what theirs are. So, what is your favorite Bible verse/verses and why?

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
Mine is where Jesus teaches us to love his God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength!

May 22, 2024
1 John 3:1–3 (NASB 2020): See how great a love the Father has given us, that we would be called children of God; and in fact we are. For this reason the world does not know us: because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope set on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
these are just some that i find power to reflect on

Love---Agape God First and Seek His Kingdom

Matthew 6:33
Amplified Bible
But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.

BIBLE VERSES THAT REMIND YOU TO LIVE A VIBRANT LIFE
  • PSALM 37:4: THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. ...
  • MATTHEW 5:12: REJOICE AND BE GLAD. ...
  • ACTS 2:46: WITH GLADNESS AND SINCERITY. ...
  • JOHN 10:10: ABUNDANT LIFE. ...
  • 2 TIMOTHY 1: 7: A SPIRIT OF POWER.

Be of a Sound Mind

2 Timothy 1:7
- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Peter 1:13 - Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Power and Authority over the enemy

Luke 10:19 ESV
Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

James 4:7 ESV
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Mark 16:17-18 ESV
And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

God wants His Children Healthy ===

Isaiah 58:11 ESV
And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Proverbs 3:7-8 ESV
Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

Deuteronomy 7:15 ESV
And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew, will he inflict on you, but he will lay them on all who hate you

Proverbs 4:20-22 Amp B
My son, pay attention to my words and be willing to learn;
Open your ears to my sayings.
Do not let them escape from your sight;
Keep them in the center of your heart.
For they are life to those who find them,
And healing and health to all their flesh.

Jesus the Great Physician

Psalm 103:3 ESV
Who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,

Isaiah 53:5 ESV
But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.

Luke 5:31 ESV
And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

Psalm 107:19-21 ESV
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man!

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
To offer my own favorite verse from the Mem revised edition Mem 1:1, "In the beginning...the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all. Amen."

But I realize that the OP was asking about actual existing verses with their current notation so I'd say, Rev 22:21, leaving out the brackets and differences in translations.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus with you all."

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
One of my favorites has always been:
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matt 11:28-30 (KJV)
I like 'easy'.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 AV, because I am "looking, patiently waiting, and
watching for Blessed Hope!"

800_Glory_Scriptures.png

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I still don't have a personal favorite bible verse but I thought I might as well ask others what theirs are. So, what is your favorite Bible verse/verses and why?
this is a little like asking me which of my kiddos is my favorite, and there are only six of them. :D

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
this is a little like asking me which of my kiddos is my favorite, and there are only six of them. :D
Yeah, I always found it interesting that people can have favorite singular verses. There's so many verses in the Bible that it seems almost impossible to just have one favorite. My readthrough of the Bible has been slow going so I can't yet say I have found a favorite singular verse but Romans has been my favorite book. I started with the NT and am reading through the OT now, so I'll see if Romans stays the favorite or not once I finish the whole thing. The OT has a lot of amazing things in it, but some parts feel like they're going to fry my brain lol.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Yeah, I always found it interesting that people can have favorite singular verses. There's so many verses in the Bible that it seems almost impossible to just have one favorite. My readthrough of the Bible has been slow going so I can't yet say I have found a favorite singular verse but Romans has been my favorite book. I started with the NT and am reading through the OT now, so I'll see if Romans stays the favorite or not once I finish the whole thing. The OT has a lot of amazing things in it, but some parts feel like they're going to fry my brain lol.
my husband will be 75 Wednesday, and he's read the Bible for decades, so he's been all the way through a number of times. he's doing this new thing now, and i intend to try it.

he reads the same book a number of times in a row. one month he read Romans and Hebrews, a chapter of each every day. (he also throws in some of Psalms and Proverbs for good measure lol.) a few months ago, he read Ecclesiastes in the same manner. our kids call him the walking concordance-- "hey, dad, where's the one about 'heirs according to promise' ?"

just throwing it out there, you know. and yes on the brain burn! :giggle:

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
my husband will be 75 Wednesday, and he's read the Bible for decades, so he's been all the way through a number of times. he's doing this new thing now, and i intend to try it.

he reads the same book a number of times in a row. one month he read Romans and Hebrews, a chapter of each every day. (he also throws in some of Psalms and Proverbs for good measure lol.) a few months ago, he read Ecclesiastes in the same manner. our kids call him the walking concordance-- "hey, dad, where's the one about 'heirs according to promise' ?"

just throwing it out there, you know. and yes on the brain burn! :giggle:
That's pretty cool. I'm planning to finish the OT and re-read the NT and then do a sort of bible study thing of connecting scriptures. I may or may not change my mind or just forget the plan by the time I'm done but as of right now it seems like the ideal thing to do. Re-reading one book for a whole month also seems like a good thing to do. I'll just have to figure it out when the time comes.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Psalm 1:
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
1 Peter 5: 7 "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

I have a tendency to carry a lot of stress and worries and feel like I have to figure everything out on my own. I'm embarrassed to say that it can be very easy for me to forget how much God cares and provides for His kids. This verse brings me back to His love.

Sometimes when I'm feeling stressed, I will go through everything I can possibly think of that's bothering me and mentally hand each thing over to God as it comes to mind. Works pretty well for me! :giggle:

notmyown

May 26, 2016
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Psalm 1:
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
this is the first psalm we had our kids memorize. of course, it's about Christ.

He lived Psalm 1 for us, and is creating Psalm 1 in us. Glory to God! :)

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).

This verse shows how much our God loves us and despite the sin and suffering we endure in this life as Christians, God will weave it all together into a new creation in Jesus Christ our Lord.