And I like 37, 46 and 50.
Psalm 23
Psalm 37
Psalm 77
Psalm 27
Psalm 115
Psalm 139
(too many to count!)
I really like reading all of them but Psalm 23, 30, and 46 are some of my favorites
I really like reading all of them but Psalm 23...
Psalm 139:1-12. I tend to despair over circumstances but God always upholds me.
O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
Psalm 23 will always be my anthem
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever. Amen
Psalm 23 will always be my anthem
...
Psalm 1
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
Psalm 1
[SUP]1 [/SUP]Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]The ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous:
but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 62. I put together the video below using Aaron Keyes performance of his rendition of Psalm 62.
[video=youtube_share;Pf9FCzRjxwo]http://youtu.be/Pf9FCzRjxwo[/video]