FAVORITE QUOTES A-Z - from the Bible and/or from Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi Everyone. This thread is a place to share your favorite Bible and/or other Christian quotes with the rest of us.

I'd like to make a bit of a game out of this thread as well by posting quotes that contain a word that follows the last quote alphabetically, A-Z. I'll do the first two here in the opening post to show you what I'm up to.

Finally, even though I'll be posting two quotes/two letters of the alphabet here in the OP to get us started, let's just do one post/one letter of the alphabet at a time so that others have the chance to join in with their quotes too.

Thanks! Here are quotes for letters A & B:

A

..........James 1
..........19 Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger;
..........20 for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

=====================================================

B (brook, blessings, Blesser)

I hope this has been clear enough(?) Assuming that it has, our next quote needs to contain a word that begins with the letter "C".

Thanks everyone, enjoy :)

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
OK, I'll post a couple more of my favorites........................

C (Christ, circumstances)

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
D. Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Whoops, I intended to post the Mark Twain quote on the Inspirational thread, but I was busy doing something else and I posted it here instead. The next quote here should still have a word that starts with "F" in it. Sorry about that.

~Deut

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
F (freedom)

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they seldom use -Soren Kierkegaard

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
G

.........1 Peter 3
.........15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you
.........to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
H from Phil. 1.6

He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
What a pity. I hoped to return with another H quote, but am too late. Anyway, my J post is:

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.

[and the other H quote: “Since holiness is the main thing that excites, draws, and governs all gracious affections, it is no wonder that all such affections tend to holiness. That which men love, they desire to have and to be united to, and possessed of. That beauty which men delight in, they desire to be adorned with. Those acts which men delight in, they necessarily incline to do.” Jonathan Edwards, The Religious Affections

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
K (keep)
Isaiah 26:3
The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
L (leap)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
O

.......The thing that keeps me on my knees is the difference between Grace and Karma. You see, at the center of
.......all religions is the idea of Karma. You know, what you put out comes back to you: an eye for an eye, a tooth
.......for a tooth, or in physics — in physical laws — every action is met by an equal or an opposite one.
.......It’s clear to me that Karma is at the very heart of the universe. I’m absolutely sure of it.

.......And yet, along comes this idea called Grace to upend all that ‘as you reap, so you will sow’ stuff. Grace
.......defies reason and logic. Love interrupts, if you like, the consequences of your actions, which in my case
.......is very good news indeed, because I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff.” ~U2's Bono

PerpetualLove7

Nov 28, 2017
P

Psalm 113 (KJV)
Praise ye the Lord. Praise, O ye servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord.
2 Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.
3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised.
4 The Lord is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.
5 Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high,
6 Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!
7 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;
8 That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.
9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.

Psalm 150 (KJV)
Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

Prayer

Prayer.jpg
(John Wesley)

God bless you richly. Amen.

:)

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Q queen
When the Queen of Sheba had heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the lord, she came to prove him with hard questions 1 kings 10:1

sorry my friend, I had forgotten our adventure.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
R (righteousness)