Favorite Verse From A "Never Gets Quoted" Book In The Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
We all quote the popular ones, Psalms, Proverbs, Matthew, Luke, Revelation.
These are some of every Christian's 'go to books' for a proper debate.

When is the last time you saw someone quote or post from Nahum?......or Titus?
They are obviously there in the Bible for a reason, but do we look through them often enough?

What's your favorite verse from an 'unpopular' book?
Why?

Maybe you don't know.....because like me, you may not read them often enough to have one?

nogard

Aug 21, 2013
Micah 6:8 comes to mind.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
We know His love, which is awesome, but unfortunately for some, God does have another side.
Yes,
Nahum 1:2-3

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Malakyah 3:16, "Then those who reverenced Yahweh spoke often one to another, and Yahweh paid attention and heard them; and a Book of Remembrance was written in His presence of those who gave reverence to Yahweh, and who thought upon, His Name."

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
On my last post, I have to add...that's not one of my favorites.
Can't change the thread title though. :mad:

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Micah 6:8 comes to mind.
New American Standard Bible
He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?

King James Bible
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i don't pick favorites. but i like this:

Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live:
and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

(Amos 5:14)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What's your favorite verse from an 'unpopular' book?

by 'unpopular' i am not sure what you mean,
so i will guess you mean "Leviticus, Numbers and the minor prophets" ;)

this is good too - there is so much good!

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord,
as the waters cover the sea.

(Habakkuk 2:14)

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014

by 'unpopular' i am not sure what you mean,
so i will guess you mean "Leviticus, Numbers and the minor prophets" ;)

this is good too - there is so much good!

For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord,
as the waters cover the sea.

(Habakkuk 2:14)
Yeah, I had a hard time trying to figure out how to word that.

The rest of the post explains/asks which is a favorite quote that is "unpopular" to use in a debate, or when we go to comfort others with scripture.
Not so much saying "not liked" I guess.

....we never know which verses from any of the books may inspire others, so I was wondering which verses to some (although unpopular) do just that.

Still can't word this right.:(:mad:

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
This is my all time favorite that is not mega popular:

Deuteronomy 18:18-19, "I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brothers, and I will put My words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him. Whoever will not listen to My words, which He speaks in My Name, I will judge him for it"

"listen" is word #8085 שָׁמַע shama` {shaw-mah'}

Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.)

Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar) - 1) to hear, listen to, obey

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Angela?...would you like to chime in?:D
I know I should have worded this better.
Sad face. Hopefully they get it?

E

elf3

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save, he will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Daniyl 10:12, "Then he said to me; Fear not, Daniyl, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to chasten and humble yourself before your Father, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words."

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Joshua 24:15, "But fit seems evil to you to serve Yahweh, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve--whether the gods your fathers served on the other side of the River; Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you now live; BUT AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE: WE WILL SERVE YAHWEH!"

E

elf3

Joel 2:13 "Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity."

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Joel 2:13 "Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity."
Great verse!

Rend your heart and not your garments

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Deuteronomy 10:16, "Therefore circumcise the foreskin of your heart, and do not be stiff-necked any longer."

E

elf3

Angela?...would you like to chime in?:D
I know I should have worded this better.
Sad face. Hopefully they get it?
I hope Angela chimes in. She always has some good insight. And comes up with great Scripture.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
I hope Angela chimes in. She always has some good insight. And comes up with great Scripture.
One of the best on CC.
I see that she's hanging around this thread....waiting for the right time to slap us with some knowledge:D

E

elf3

One of the best on CC.
I see that she's hanging around this thread....waiting for the right time to slap us with some knowledge:D
Yeah I love her insight so much and her knowledge of Scripture is...wow. her and oldhermit