Fear

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

So I hve been going through boughts of anxiety and depression since my 10 year old niece sudden passing. Also, a girl a family friend she was very sick and she just died, and her kids were at home and no one knew she passed. Right now, I have such bad anxiety that this is going to happen to me. Seeing that my oldest has a disability and my youngest can’t do for her self. Like I’m so fearful I don’t understand why. God doesn’t give us a spirit of fear, I feel so paralyzed by this. Have any of you ever went through such things?

I feel very stupid posting this, but I needed advice or prayer... I don’t want this fear to take my eyes off the Lord...

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

So I hve been going through boughts of anxiety and depression since my 10 year old niece sudden passing. Also, a girl a family friend she was very sick and she just died, and her kids were at home and no one knew she passed. Right now, I have such bad anxiety that this is going to happen to me. Seeing that my oldest has a disability and my youngest can’t do for her self. Like I’m so fearful I don’t understand why. God doesn’t give us a spirit of fear, I feel so paralyzed by this. Have any of you ever went through such things?

I feel very stupid posting this, but I needed advice or prayer... I don’t want this fear to take my eyes off the Lord...
Death of those close to you such as in your family or friends, is very hard. You need to allow yourself to feel the grief and express your pain. Anxiety and depression after what you have described is very normal. Take it easy on yourself. Ask God to show you his love and character and to help you. I don't know if you have had panic attacks or not. I have had them. It is harder to act rationally during panic. One thing is for sure, panic attacks are not dangerous, so it is ok to roll with the anxiety because it will go away eventually. There is absolutely nothing stupid about your post. It is good you are reaching out.

Dec 26, 2017
Death of those close to you such as in your family or friends, is very hard. You need to allow yourself to feel the grief and express your pain. Anxiety and depression after what you have described is very normal. Take it easy on yourself. Ask God to show you his love and character and to help you. I don't know if you have had panic attacks or not. I have had them. It is harder to act rationally during panic. One thing is for sure, panic attacks are not dangerous, so it is ok to roll with the anxiety because it will go away eventually. There is absolutely nothing stupid about your post. It is good you are reaching out.
Thank you for understanding. I’m trying to not be so hard on myself...it’s just a difficult situation... both are..then I feel bad that I couldn’t help knowing I work in healthcare. My mom says she’s disappointed in me because my faith isn’t stronger and that mkes me feel worse. Thank you again for encouraging me and not looking at me as crazy, or something. God Bless you

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Thank you for understanding. I’m trying to not be so hard on myself...it’s just a difficult situation... both are..then I feel bad that I couldn’t help knowing I work in healthcare. My mom says she’s disappointed in me because my faith isn’t stronger and that mkes me feel worse. Thank you again for encouraging me and not looking at me as crazy, or something. God Bless you
Your welcome. I am glad it was encouraging to you. Remember 1 Corinthians 13:13 says that these three remain faith, hope and love, but the greatest of all these is love. That chapter of Corinthians is good and not long at all.

We are encouraged to cast our cares on the Lord because he cares about us. Knowing God's love for yourself may help build stronger trust, but it is harder to trust if you struggle with believing in his love. I don't know if that is where you are at or not. I have been there though and still want to learn and feel secure in Jesus. Keep on praying to God and tell him everything. Also have people in person around who will be supportive and encouraging.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry to hear about the recent deaths of your loved ones, and I can certainly understand how you feel at this time. I’m praying for you and your family, asking God to surround you with His love, comfort and protection. May He be your source of encouragement and strength as you lean upon Him.

2 Timothy 1:7: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Sep 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

Enter into the LORD's rest by placing and maintaining your Faith exclusively in Christ and The Cross of Calvary where the victory was won. By doing so this brings Grace, the help of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:2).

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me (Psalm 138:8).

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I have such bad anxiety that this is going to happen to me. Like I’m so fearful I don’t understand why. God doesn’t give us a spirit of fear, I feel so paralyzed by this.
It is going to happen to you, and to all of us sooner or later. What's unsettling is when it happens to someone so young, because we all tend to presume we'll live into our 80's or 90's. Jesus prayed: "Give us this day", and sometimes we take each day for granted. Don't let something you can't control paralyze you though; “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matthew 10:28)

Dec 26, 2017
Enter into the LORD's rest by placing and maintaining your Faith exclusively in Christ and The Cross of Calvary where the victory was won. By doing so this brings Grace, the help of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:2).

Amen I’m just really struggling with this

Dec 26, 2017
It is going to happen to you, and to all of us sooner or later. What's unsettling is when it happens to someone so young, because we all tend to presume we'll live into our 80's or 90's. Jesus prayed: "Give us this day", and sometimes we take each day for granted. Don't let something you can't control paralyze you though; “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matthew 10:28)
It’s like I know I can’t control it. It’s controlling my life... I think dying and nobody knows and my babies are here just so much... it makes me cry

Dec 26, 2017
I’m so sorry to hear about the recent deaths of your loved ones, and I can certainly understand how you feel at this time. I’m praying for you and your family, asking God to surround you with His love, comfort and protection. May He be your source of encouragement and strength as you lean upon Him.

2 Timothy 1:7: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Thank you even now it has me in tears... I just don’t want to be fear. I’m not even living life.. because of This

Feb 28, 2016
get real, and then maybe you can get you life in order, (according to Jesus's RULES'...

Sep 3, 2016

God's answer to fear, anxiety, panic attacks, worry, discouragement, bipolar, oppression, depression, or any care, situation, and problem that life may bring, is to apply the Cross to the problem. 2 Tim. 1:7, 1 Peter 5:7-11, Matthew 6:33; 11:29-30

And he said to them all, If any man will come after Me (the criteria for Discipleship), let him deny himself (not asceticism as many think, but rather that one denies one's own willpower, self-will, strength, and ability, depending totally on Christ), and take up his cross (the benefits of the Cross, looking exclusively to what Jesus did there to meet our every need) daily (this is so important, our looking to the Cross; that we must renew our Faith in what Christ has done for us, even on a daily basis, for Satan will ever try to move us away from the Cross as the Object of our Faith, which always spells disaster), and follow Me (Christ can be followed only by the Believer looking to the Cross, understanding what it accomplished, and by that means alone [Rom. 6:3-5, 11, 14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 3:14-15]). Luke 9:23

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it (try to live one's life outside of Christ and the Cross): but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it (when we place our Faith entirely in Christ and the Cross, looking exclusively to Him, we have just found "more Abundant Life" [John 10:10]) Luke 9:24

As far as trying to do something as it concerns taking up the Cross daily, we are to do nothing. In fact, it was already done at Calvary some two thousand years ago. On a daily basis, we should reinforce our Faith in Christ and what He has done for us at the Cross (Rom. 6:3-5; 8:2, Gal. 2:20-21, Col. 2:10-15). This is the "Truth" which we must learn, act upon, and continue to act upon, which guarantees the help of the Holy Spirit.

We are not wrestling against flesh and blood. Satan has been defeated through the Cross. Principalities and powers have been spoiled (Col. 2:15). We are enforcing this victory through applying the Cross of Calvary to the pulling down strongholds by placing and maintain our Faith exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., "The Blood of Jesus." Our source of Power is the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.

The LORD shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14). "In Justification, the Lord fights 'for' us, and in Sanctification, He fights 'in' us."

Two kinds of peace
1. Justifying Peace - This is Peace with God, a legal standing. Rom. 8:7; Eph. 2:14-15
2. Sanctifying Peace - This is the Peace of God in the heart. Rom. 8:6; 14:19; 15:13; Gal. 1:3

The first is the result of a legal standing. The second is the result of the Work of the Holy Spirit. The first is static, never fluctuates, the second changes almost from hour to hour. The first, every Christian has, the second, every Christian may have.

Sanctifying peace allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer into the death of Christ so Christ life is manifested through the Believer (2 Cor. 4:11, Gal. 2:20-21, Romans 8:2; 13, John 14:21).

We have been given the keys of the Kingdom (Matthew 16:19). This gives us the authority to "bind" and "loose." "Binding" ties Satan's hands and stops his power to "steal, kill, and destroy," likewise, the "loosing" releases all that Jesus did at Calvary and the Resurrection. "Binding" has to do with the spirit world of darkness while "loosing" has to do with the Spirit world of Light. To "bind" means to restrict, stop, hinder, fetter, check, hold back, arrest, or put a stop to. To "loose" means to untie, unbind, unlock, liberate, release, forgive, or free.

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
2. The Cross is the means by which all blessings are given.
3. The object of our faith must be Christ and the Cross.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.

JSM and Brother John Eckhardt

Dec 26, 2017
God's answer to fear, anxiety, panic attacks, worry, discouragement, bipolar, oppression, depression, or any care, situation, and problem that life may bring, is to apply the Cross to the problem. 2 Tim. 1:7, 1 Peter 5:7-11, Matthew 6:33; 11:29-30

And he said to them all, If any man will come after Me (the criteria for Discipleship), let him deny himself (not asceticism as many think, but rather that one denies one's own willpower, self-will, strength, and ability, depending totally on Christ), and take up his cross (the benefits of the Cross, looking exclusively to what Jesus did there to meet our every need) daily (this is so important, our looking to the Cross; that we must renew our Faith in what Christ has done for us, even on a daily basis, for Satan will ever try to move us away from the Cross as the Object of our Faith, which always spells disaster), and follow Me (Christ can be followed only by the Believer looking to the Cross, understanding what it accomplished, and by that means alone [Rom. 6:3-5, 11, 14; 8:1-2, 11; 1 Cor. 1:17-18, 21, 23; 2:2; Gal. 6:14; Eph. 2:13-18; Col. 3:14-15]). Luke 9:23

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it (try to live one's life outside of Christ and the Cross): but whosoever will lose his life for My sake, the same shall save it (when we place our Faith entirely in Christ and the Cross, looking exclusively to Him, we have just found "more Abundant Life" [John 10:10]) Luke 9:24

As far as trying to do something as it concerns taking up the Cross daily, we are to do nothing. In fact, it was already done at Calvary some two thousand years ago. On a daily basis, we should reinforce our Faith in Christ and what He has done for us at the Cross (Rom. 6:3-5; 8:2, Gal. 2:20-21, Col. 2:10-15). This is the "Truth" which we must learn, act upon, and continue to act upon, which guarantees the help of the Holy Spirit.

We are not wrestling against flesh and blood. Satan has been defeated through the Cross. Principalities and powers have been spoiled (Col. 2:15). We are enforcing this victory through applying the Cross of Calvary to the pulling down strongholds by placing and maintain our Faith exclusively in Christ and the Finished Work at Calvary Cross where the victory was won, i.e., "The Blood of Jesus." Our source of Power is the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.

The LORD shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace (Exodus 14:14). "In Justification, the Lord fights 'for' us, and in Sanctification, He fights 'in' us."

Two kinds of peace
1. Justifying Peace - This is Peace with God, a legal standing. Rom. 8:7; Eph. 2:14-15
2. Sanctifying Peace - This is the Peace of God in the heart. Rom. 8:6; 14:19; 15:13; Gal. 1:3

The first is the result of a legal standing. The second is the result of the Work of the Holy Spirit. The first is static, never fluctuates, the second changes almost from hour to hour. The first, every Christian has, the second, every Christian may have.

Sanctifying peace allows the Holy Spirit to deliver the Believer into the death of Christ so Christ life is manifested through the Believer (2 Cor. 4:11, Gal. 2:20-21, Romans 8:2; 13, John 14:21).

We have been given the keys of the Kingdom (Matthew 16:19). This gives us the authority to "bind" and "loose." "Binding" ties Satan's hands and stops his power to "steal, kill, and destroy," likewise, the "loosing" releases all that Jesus did at Calvary and the Resurrection. "Binding" has to do with the spirit world of darkness while "loosing" has to do with the Spirit world of Light. To "bind" means to restrict, stop, hinder, fetter, check, hold back, arrest, or put a stop to. To "loose" means to untie, unbind, unlock, liberate, release, forgive, or free.

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
2. The Cross is the means by which all blessings are given.
3. The object of our faith must be Christ and the Cross.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.

JSM and Brother John Eckhardt
Thank you! God Bless you! I’m going to take those verses and study and meditate on them. I needed those truly

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Here is a great verse to meditate on:

"Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding,
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Prov.,3:5-6

I agree that part of what you are experiencing is grief. And where you are actually grieving this sorrowful death, that is ok.

But, and I ask this not of malice, but to make you think - why are you making this all about you?

I think in our society, we are not exposed to the reality of death very much. People are taken away to hospitals or homes to die. We read about death in the news, but often it is too remote to affect us.

Suddenly, death smacks us in the face! Yikes!

I think this can be an time of incredible growth, if it brings you closer to God. If you have worries about your children, now is the time to write a will, and make sure they are taken care of. Children grow up, even if their parents die. But, don't let them get put in foster care - find the best possible guardians. And once you have done that, let it go! You had a real and legitimate fear, deal with it, and move on.

Are you reading your Bible, praying and going to church for fellowship? Those are essential at these difficult times.

Finally, are you getting help for your anxiety? I was with my father when I died. I had prayed, led him to the Lord, walked with him for 5 months. We both had peace at the end. To this day, I have grieved, but never spent a moment with anxiety, because I am not anxious. (Something part genetic, and partly because God has taught me how to totally trust him.)

You, on the other hand, sound like you have anxiety, and this death has just triggered it and made it worse. Sometimes, we cannot talk our brains out of this. Please, see a doctor and/or therapist. Having issues with anxiety, sometimes has nothing to do with loving God. It is more about the neurotransmitters in the brain. Genetics, environment play a part in it.

Praying for you to find help so you can recover from the self-centered anxiety, and properly grieve your niece and care for your children.

Dec 26, 2017
Here is a great verse to meditate on:

"Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding,
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Prov.,3:5-6

I agree that part of what you are experiencing is grief. And where you are actually grieving this sorrowful death, that is ok.

But, and I ask this not of malice, but to make you think - why are you making this all about you?

I think in our society, we are not exposed to the reality of death very much. People are taken away to hospitals or homes to die. We read about death in the news, but often it is too remote to affect us.

Suddenly, death smacks us in the face! Yikes!

I think this can be an time of incredible growth, if it brings you closer to God. If you have worries about your children, now is the time to write a will, and make sure they are taken care of. Children grow up, even if their parents die. But, don't let them get put in foster care - find the best possible guardians. And once you have done that, let it go! You had a real and legitimate fear, deal with it, and move on.

Are you reading your Bible, praying and going to church for fellowship? Those are essential at these difficult times.

Finally, are you getting help for your anxiety? I was with my father when I died. I had prayed, led him to the Lord, walked with him for 5 months. We both had peace at the end. To this day, I have grieved, but never spent a moment with anxiety, because I am not anxious. (Something part genetic, and partly because God has taught me how to totally trust him.)

You, on the other hand, sound like you have anxiety, and this death has just triggered it and made it worse. Sometimes, we cannot talk our brains out of this. Please, see a doctor and/or therapist. Having issues with anxiety, sometimes has nothing to do with loving God. It is more about the neurotransmitters in the brain. Genetics, environment play a part in it.

Praying for you to find help so you can recover from the self-centered anxiety, and properly grieve your niece and care for your children.
Thank you Angela. I’m definitely taking your advice. To be honest I do t even truly realize I’m making it about me? I definitely have anxiety it’s worse than it ever had been.. I have been praying reading the Word, I get ashamed because I don’t feel I’m TrustingGod worrying so much so I get ashamed going to God.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I realize your greatest fear is for your daughters. But look at it another way. Are not your daughters in God's hands right now? I know they now have you and you are there for them by the grace of God. He loves those girls more than you do. His love is perfect. Our's is not.

Rom. 8:28, 31 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

There is nothing to fear. God has everything under control.

2 Timothy 1:7: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." If God didn't give you that spirit, don't take it! :)