Fear

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I can look back upon my life and see many times where fear has bound both my mind and body to inaction, or led me to the wrong choices. I have listened to the worries and fear from many Christian parents today that- they fear for the future of their children. In some parents, this fear comes across so strong that their children grow up enveloped in fear.

There is a healthy, common sense type of fear, and we all know that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, but I speak to an unhealthy irrational fear.

I came across this short piece on this very subject. It explains it much better than I have been able to. See what you think:

I share this every year because I need the reminder myself 🥰

“Don’t feel sorry for or fear for your kids because the world they are going to grow up in is not what it used to be.

God created them and called them for the exact moment in time that they’re in. Their life wasn’t a coincidence or an accident.

Raise them up to know the power they walk in as children of God.

Train them up in the authority of His Word.

Teach them to walk in faith knowing that God is in control.

Empower them to know they can change the world.

Don’t teach them to be fearful and disheartened by the state of the world but hopeful that they can do something about it.

Every person in all of history has been placed in the time that they were in because of God’s sovereign plan.

He knew Daniel could handle the lions den. 
He knew David could handle Goliath.
He knew Esther could handle Haman.
He knew Peter could handle persecution.
He knows that your child can handle whatever challenge they face in their life. He created them specifically for it!

Don’t be scared for your children, but be honored that God chose YOU to parent the generation that is facing the biggest challenges of our lifetime.
Rise up to the challenge.

Raise Daniels, Davids, Esthers and Peters!

God isn’t scratching His head wondering what He’s going to do with this mess of a world.

He has an army He’s raising up to drive back the darkness and make Him known all over the earth.

Don’t let your fear steal the greatness God placed in them. I know it’s hard to imagine them as anything besides our sweet little babies, and we just want to protect them from anything that could ever be hard on them, but they were born for such a time as this.”

~Alex Cravens

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Too many times we teach our children by example to live in worldly fear. We listen to the news(disinformation) & all the fearmongering, & if we don't show them we aren't moved by that garbage they can & will be motivated by it.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Too many times we teach our children by example to live in worldly fear. We listen to the news(disinformation) & all the fearmongering, & if we don't show them we aren't moved by that garbage they can & will be motivated by it.
I agree. The sad part is that I often see older Christians begin to give in to their fears as they age, or have health issues. If they can’t overcome fear, what kind of example are they for their younger relatives.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I’m scratching my head trying to understand what in this post is objectionable. Oh well.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
The fear of God that brings wisdom is not the fear you talk about. That fear means to reverence, to respect, submission so forth. The post above "Christians begin to give into their fears". Their fears? God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mine. Fear is not from God. He has given us His joy, His peace even Christ gives us His peace not of this world. If His will is on earth as it is in heaven we have no fear. Its not part of God or the new man. And there is no if.. if is doubting. We can do all things through Christ who already over came the world.

Objectionable "arousing distaste or opposition; unpleasant or offensive."? None.. just sharing what I read and understand :)

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
The fear of God that brings wisdom is not the fear you talk about. That fear means to reverence, to respect, submission so forth. The post above "Christians begin to give into their fears". Their fears? God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mine. Fear is not from God. He has given us His joy, His peace even Christ gives us His peace not of this world. If His will is on earth as it is in heaven we have no fear. Its not part of God or the new man. And there is no if.. if is doubting. We can do all things through Christ who already over came the world.

Objectionable "arousing distaste or opposition; unpleasant or offensive."? None.. just sharing what I read and understand :)
Ok. I assumed, or hoped anyone that read this could see I was distinguishing between the two types of fear. God is the only one we should fear. There is a healthy type of fear, that transcends the emotional type most humans speak of.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Ok. I assumed, or hoped anyone that read this could see I was distinguishing between the two types of fear. God is the only one we should fear. There is a healthy type of fear, that transcends the emotional type most humans speak of.
Thanks for your post. It brings new light to our lives, clearly stating that we need to know we are powerful to do all things through God who strenthens us. Our fear needs to be directed at opposing God's ways.

We are children of God, made in His image, and we all have a God given purpose for our lives. The world opposes what is of God but God is all powerful. We need not fear to follow our all powerful God in all His ways.