FEAR!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

babyblue

Many people think fear is a normal and acceptable part of life. I've even heard some people say, "There's nothing wrong with having just a little fear." Nothing could be further from the truth. Fear is anything but normal. From a natural perspective, fear is associated with simply being afraid. But spiritually speaking, fear is actually twisted faith. It is having faith in the devil and what he can do, rather than having faith in God and His Word.

Fear isn't just a feeling, it's a force. The Word of God defines fear as a spirit that doesn't come from God (2 Timothy 1:7). To live in fear sets you up for disaster because just like faith will connect you to the promises of God, fear will connect you to the things you fear. When you operate from a position of fear, you actually position yourself to receive the very things you are afraid of.

In examining fear and its impact on your life, it is important to consider words and their creative power. Words are spiritual containers that carry either faith or fear. Words of faith are encouraging, hopeful and in line with the Word of God. On the other hand, words of fear are full of doubt, unbelief, dread and despair. Fear–filled words go against what God has said in His Word and will cancel out the good things that He has planned for your life.

It is critical that you align your words with the Word if you want to override the spirit of fear when it tries to attack you. Faith–filled words empower God to move on your behalf.

Fear is designed to stop you from experiencing all that God has promised you in His Word, but the good news is that He has already delivered you from it. If you are in relationship with God, you don't have to be ruled by any type of fear.

Hebrews 2:14, 15 says, "Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." Fear is the primary tool Satan uses to destroy people's lives. But the ability of the enemy has been annihilated by Jesus Christ. You are no longer subject to fear.

There is a way to flush fear out of your life if you find yourself struggling with it. The key is walking in the love of God and allowing His love to mature in your life. First John 4:18 says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." Every time you walk in love toward others (1 Corinthians 13) and maintain a consciousness of God's love for you, you kick fear out.

Once you get the fear out of your life, your faith "receiver" will be free and clear of all interference. You will then be able to believe God for His promises without hindrances. Allowing the love of God to rise in you will support your faith and position you to receive the blessings of God—healing, deliverance, safety, provision and financial increase.

In the midst of life's trials, refuse fear. I don't care what is going on around you. Resist fear with everything in you. Confess the Word of God over your situation until you begin to see things change. Stand firm on the Scriptures which will help to build your faith. Begin to praise God for what He has already done for you. Have confidence in God and His Word and don't let fear contaminate your faith.

Attachments

L

lil-rush

You know, complete absence of fear is usually associated with people who have psychological ailmants, akin to sociopaths but without the craving to kill. Fear in and of itself is not evil. The absence of fear is also unhealthy. If one does not fear, their survival instincts are diminished and are more prone to get themselves hurt. Allowing fear to run your life, however, is unGodly. Fear is a subconcious reaction to mental stimuli. As one site puts it: healthy adults will experience fear when physically threatened. It is not a sin to scream when a ferocious beast attacks you. It is simply our animalistic instincts in action.

I will concede that fear can become unGodly quite easily when we allow it to move outside of its normal unavoidable bounds. For example, I know that when I take a test I studied for and should have no doubts about but fear I did bad on it anyways that is not Godly. That is unneccesary worry that I could do without. Likewise, my phobias of large bugs(namely dead large bugs) and hights are unGodly. When I screamed in fear because my friend almost stepped on a poisonous snake that was not unGodly. In the split second it takes for my mind to register "poisonous snake. friend about to step on it. not good. scream" I do not have time to think that fear is not of God.

K

Kendall202

cool, never thought about it from that perspective

B

babyblue

Thank you for replying to this post.

Let me explaiin fear (False Elotion Appearing Real) Operating in fear is ungodly for God said it so many times in His word Fear Not.

Isaiah 43:5
Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, And gather you from the west;
Isaiah 43:4-6 (in Context) Isaiah 43 (Whole Chapter)

1. Isaiah 44:8
    Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’”
    Isaiah 44:7-9 (in Context) Isaiah 44 (Whole Chapter)
You see there is a difference between fearing for a snake or a spider or even as you said a bug.......The fear that this study talks about is operating in fear. Most people sadly to say most Christians operate in fear and i speak of myself aswell. Being afraid is natural but living in fear, living and being controlled by it is so wrong. For you canot operate in fear and walk in love. Fear in itself is a spirit of fear. For example Gods words says do not fear for i will never leave you nor forsake you and you are not alone . but yet on the other hand we fear when we are alone or we fear that God will leave us or forsake us. So there is 2 kinds of fears the fear you talking about is natural its in instinct but being controlled by fear is ungodly yes because perfect love flushes out fear .

G

griz

Fear is designed to stop you from experiencing all that God has promised you in His Word, but the good news is that He has already delivered you from it. If you are in relationship with God, you don't have to be ruled by any type of fear.
Also the word of God does not only define fear as a spirit, it also demonstrates different types of fear.

1. The one mentioned being demonic fear
2. Natural fear i.e falling off a cliff, being on a roller coaster
3. Religous fear taught by men
4. Fear of man

These fears have one commonality, it keeps us from obeying God and does not produce peace in our hearts

There is one fear that will open up the gates of God's favour upon our lives, but it is usually the one fear that is commonly misunderstood because we struggle to distinguish this particular fear from the rest. The Fear of God

Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom and knowledge of the holy one is understanding"

The fear of God is not something that cannot be grasped by human hands, the fear of the Lord is as tangible as Faith.

Proverbs 8:13 "To fear the lord is to hate evil, I hate pride and arrogance, evil behaviour and perverse speech"

Loosely if you want to know 'how' to fear the Lord, =Hate evil, shun it, put it away from your lips from your mind. There are definitely good books on the fear of the Lord, Derek Prince provides a biblical periphery on the different types of fear outlined in God's word. Make no mistake, Godly wisdom comes out of our attitude towards how we choose to fear God.

Personally I believe that fearing God is not a negative attitude that is usually attached to the other types of fear, it is the same attitude that people like Abraham, Moses, Joseph, Daniel, David, Esther and so many others used to not only be blessing to themselves but to those around them, why because through the Fear of the Lord they gained Godly wisdom and through wisdom God paved their way by guiding their steps as long as they had the fear of the Lord in them.

The Fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom.

L

lil-rush

alright. I thought you were saying all fear in any form was evil. I agree completely that certain types of fear are unGodly. And Christians are indeed very good at living in unGodly fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.