Fears

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
Wow, that is scary. I had a friend in school who was the same way. Even talking about it would get him close to passing out. I pray the lord will lift you fear away. Who knows maybe some day because of your experience, you will help someone who needs it.
Thank you, Jacob!! I also have trouble listening to people talk about their injuries or surgeries and have had to ask people to please refrain from going further with their story.
It's helpful to understand what someone is going through to better provide comfort. A lot of people don't understand other people's phobias. I'm guilty of this too. For example, I can't understand how anyone could be afraid of spiders. So, I'd be a lousy comfort for someone who has arachnophobia, but a help to someone with hemophobia (if I'm not passed out, that is).

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
One of my biggest fears, is that the will tell me I'm one of the double minded people on earth. I love the lord with all my heart and I know I am not perfect, but sometimes my mind can contradict itself. When I read passages about a double minded person, it makes me think " am I he that the lord speaks of? ". My mind can go here then over there and the only thing I try to do is plant my feet in God's word.

My biggest fear is thinking I'll hear the lord say " depart from me, I know you not ". This ties in with the double minded fear. I know I'm saved, I know I'm going to heaven. Paul even tells us that we will know. But this is where fear sets in, just the thought of these words breaks my heart. It Leeds me to think of others who are not saved. Them standing before the lord and the lord speaking these words to them.......my heart breaks.

I pray about these things and yes I receive peace, but then my mind can sometimes fall back to these thoughts. Maybe the lord is speaking to my heart? Maybe it's his way of keeping me in check? Maybe it's to remember to always witness in the right moments? Either way it's a fear of mine. True hell for me is being in the lake of fire hearing those words repeatedly in my mind.

Scary stuff I know.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
Thank you, Jacob!! I also have trouble listening to people talk about their injuries or surgeries and have had to ask people to please refrain from going further with their story.
It's helpful to understand what someone is going through to better provide comfort. A lot of people don't understand other people's phobias. I'm guilty of this too. For example, I can't understand how anyone could be afraid of spiders. So, I'd be a lousy comfort for someone who has arachnophobia, but a help to someone with hemophobia (if I'm not passed out, that is).
There's a forum for ya lol, what's your phobia lol. One I don't understand myself, the fear of swimming. I have actually met a good bit of people who are afraid of swimming. The ocean.....ok I understand but lakes or pounds.....I don't understand lol

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
One of my biggest fears, is that the will tell me I'm one of the double minded people on earth. I love the lord with all my heart and I know I am not perfect, but sometimes my mind can contradict itself. When I read passages about a double minded person, it makes me think " am I he that the lord speaks of? ". My mind can go here then over there and the only thing I try to do is plant my feet in God's word.

My biggest fear is thinking I'll hear the lord say " depart from me, I know you not ". This ties in with the double minded fear. I know I'm saved, I know I'm going to heaven. Paul even tells us that we will know. But this is where fear sets in, just the thought of these words breaks my heart. It Leeds me to think of others who are not saved. Them standing before the lord and the lord speaking these words to them.......my heart breaks.

I pray about these things and yes I receive peace, but then my mind can sometimes fall back to these thoughts. Maybe the lord is speaking to my heart? Maybe it's his way of keeping me in check? Maybe it's to remember to always witness in the right moments? Either way it's a fear of mine. True hell for me is being in the lake of fire hearing those words repeatedly in my mind.

Scary stuff I know.

This is a terrifying feeling, and whatever fears we have concerning the physical self can't compare!

A disturbing dream I had in my late teens comes to mind. I dreamed I was suspended in darkness. There was nothing and no one anywhere around me into infinite space. Thick darkness and total loneliness. But, the worse part was that I prayed to the Lord and He didn't/wouldn't answer. The dream was very vivid and is clear to me today as it was then. Since then I've realized that the worse thing that can happen to any of us is to be completely separated from the Lord.

May you grow further in peace. Your post (and posts) show a great character in you. I believe that these truly difficult matters make us stronger and bring us even closer to the Lord.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
There's a forum for ya lol, what's your phobia lol. One I don't understand myself, the fear of swimming. I have actually met a good bit of people who are afraid of swimming. The ocean.....ok I understand but lakes or pounds.....I don't understand lol
I don't understand it either. I love swimming in lakes, ponds, and creeks. My best friend is afraid of swimming. She'll go with me, but she stays on the bank and doesn't even watch me. I even had trouble getting her to boat around the lake with me lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is a terrifying feeling, and whatever fears we have concerning the physical self can't compare!

A disturbing dream I had in my late teens comes to mind. I dreamed I was suspended in darkness. There was nothing and no one anywhere around me into infinite space. Thick darkness and total loneliness. But, the worse part was that I prayed to the Lord and He didn't/wouldn't answer. The dream was very vivid and is clear to me today as it was then. Since then I've realized that the worse thing that can happen to any of us is to be completely separated from the Lord.

May you grow further in peace. Your post (and posts) show a great character in you. I believe that these truly difficult matters make us stronger and bring us even closer to the Lord.
The scariest verse I ever read in the Bible was when the prophet prayed for backslidden Israel until God said, "Don't pray for them anymore. I don't want to hear it." (Loosely translated.)

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
ah fears. as a new parent, i’m constantly thinking i’m failing or not doing enough, and the person who is going to pay for it is our sweet little girl.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022

I am not a fan of dreaming. They are strange or can leave you sad feeling. I had a dream I was at my old house sitting with my grandfather and we were laughing so hard we had tears coming down. When I woke up I was so sad......he's been gone for some years now.

I pray to always be growing. I know I'm far from perfect, but I love the lord and know he is working in my life. I pray that others would have their hearts softened and eyes opened. It breaks my heart to see what I see and hear what I hear. Witnessing is so very important. It truly scares me to picture the lord saying to depart from him.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
The scariest verse I ever read in the Bible was when the prophet prayed for backslidden Israel until God said, "Don't pray for them anymore. I don't want to hear it." (Loosely translated.)
That is a scary verse. Do you think it's possible there are places so sinful that the lord has turned away from it? Like vagus (spell check please lol)?

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
ah fears. as a new parent, i’m constantly thinking i’m failing or not doing enough, and the person who is going to pay for it is our sweet little girl.
I'm not a parent but as an uncle......I understand this. Even when they ask if I can make it to a game they are having and say no.......most times I'm there because I can't say no lol

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
I don't understand it either. I love swimming in lakes, ponds, and creeks. My best friend is afraid of swimming. She'll go with me, but she stays on the bank and doesn't even watch me. I even had trouble getting her to boat around the lake with me lol
My 15 year old daughter Rebecca was terrified of water. As a little child she loved water until a so call friend pushed her backwards in a swimming pool and held her there. The fear for her got so bad that even when it was raining heavy she would have panic attacks about going outside in the rain.
At the age of 12 she came to know Christ and wanted to give her life to him. She started reading the Bible and going to church. Then one evening she said "mum I want to be baptised in water. On the 11th June 2022 Rebecca was baptised in the ocean and while she was under the water she told me she felt peace like she has never felt before. The fear had gone. Thanks be to Christ 🥰