Featured Editorial in Christianity Today says: "Trump Should Be Removed from Office"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Because it takes a geezer to know an old hag.
You MUST be an old 43, with a touch of senility, because here you are calling yourself an old hag.

And you don't wanna start getting into the calling out someone's mom game. very trashy!

S

Susanna

You MUST be an old 43, with a touch of senility, because here you are calling yourself an old hag.

And you don't wanna start getting into the calling out someone's mom game. very trashy!
I don’t think a man wondering whether I’m a geezer or a hag, and saying I have a touch of senility, should dare take the word trashy in his mouth.

Mister, I have simply been calling you out on several occasions for your rude way of responding to me in general. And be warned, I’m not gonna let any further rudeness go unnoticed.

Have a nice day, Sir.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I don’t think a man wondering whether I’m a geezer or a hag, and saying I have a touch of senility, should dare take the word trashy in his mouth.

Mister, I have simply been calling you out on several occasions for your rude way of responding to me in general. And be warned, I’m not gonna let any further rudeness go unnoticed.

Have a nice day, Sir.
I suggest you refrain from posting in political threads, and especially addressing my posts. You are clearly not mature enough, at least in actions, if not age, to do so. You also love to dish out without being able to take it.

Good day to you "young" lady!!!

S

Susanna

I suggest you refrain from posting in political threads, and especially addressing my posts. You are clearly not mature enough, at least in actions, if not age, to do so. You also love to dish out without being able to take it.

Refrain from posting in political threads? “No Platforming”? Isn’t that what the leftists are doing? I didn’t know you were a closet Democrat. But okay, anything that floats your boat etc.

I can assure you of one thing. I’m not going to refrain from posting. Sooner or later you’ll have to acknowledge that opinions that differ from your own opinion aren’t necessarily immature or someone dishing out without being able to take it.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Refrain from posting in political threads? “No Platforming”? Isn’t that what the leftists are doing? I didn’t know you were a closet Democrat. But okay, anything that floats your boat etc.

I can assure you of one thing. I’m not going to refrain from posting. Sooner or later you’ll have to acknowledge that opinions that differ from your own opinion aren’t necessarily immature or someone dishing out without being able to take it.
Yeah... I’m pretty sure you have RARELY taken anyone’s suggestions.

Dec 6, 2018
don’t think a man wondering whether I’m a geezer or a hag, and saying I have a touch of senility, should dare take the word trashy in his mouth.

Have a nice day, Sir.

Susanna: You are spot on. It is not just you. It is me and others on this site. Something I learned a long time ago that is very useful: "if a person treats you badly for no good reason/is rude, etc., you can bet that that they are doing this to other people as well. We need to pray for him. Truly, we do.
PS: Senility isn't even a thing. The reference is to dementia, a horrendous disease, that occurs late in life and one which I would not wish on my worst enemy. Know it alls generally know very little, and those who really DO know more, tend to be more modest. It's a dead give away. Let us pray for people who are rude and treat others poorly & then claim to be "saved".

Dec 30, 2019
I don’t find it accurate to say that CT is left leaning because the article is criticizing Trump. The critics of Trump are far from just being left leaning politicians and other left leaning people. A significant amount of criticism is coming from the conservatives, and the message is clear: Trump is not living up to the moral standards expected from an American president.

This has, however, nothing to do with him being competent or not. Clearly he is competent in some areas, and less competent in other areas, pretty much like his predecessors.

The problem is his behavior.
I appreciate the Christianity Today article. Although I realized that the left is dangerous to this country something possibly worse is happening. Total submission to politics and the President. Dividing families and even Christians over politics. Its so dangerous. I did not support Donald Trump. I think that the Bible calls us to vote for candidates that are appropriate based on the Word of God. And the Bible has plenty to say about leadership. So I will just say that the article was good and I hope that it will make Christians reflect on the Bible and what is important. I am not saying that I support liberals. I am a Conservative all of my adult life but I will not stand by and support immorality. Not from any party.
I appreciate that the President has worked against Planned Parenthood. I will say when he does good things, and criticise what I believe is wrong.

Dec 30, 2019
Isn't that the very thing that we do here everyday, discuss/debate the truth as we understand it ;)

Granted, it's NEVER supposed to get ugly, unfortunately however, it often does :( As Christians, doing what we can to get at the truth is (obviously) important, and that in every arena of life, it's just that we are also, as Christians, commanded to approach it differently than the world does (please take note of the various verses and passages in my signature line below, for instance :)).

That said, my problem with Mark's (mostly) well-written/well-argued editorial isn't that his overall opinion of Trump's presidency is different than mine is, rather, it's the fact that he thought it necessary to go beyond that and call out all of his brothers and sisters in Christ who disagree with him (and that, in a particularly offensive manner .. see below).

To the many evangelicals who continue to support Mr. Trump in spite of his blackened moral record, we might say this: Remember who you are and whom you serve. Consider how your justification of Mr. Trump influences your witness to your Lord and Savior. Consider what an unbelieving world will say if you continue to brush off Mr. Trump’s immoral words and behavior in the cause of political expediency. If we don’t reverse course now, will anyone take anything we say about justice and righteousness with any seriousness for decades to come? Can we say with a straight face that abortion is a great evil that cannot be tolerated and, with the same straight face, say that the bent and broken character of our nation’s leader doesn’t really matter in the end? ~Mark Galli, Trump Should Be Removed From Office (excerpt)

The sad thing is, while I believe that his editorial (apart from the paragraph above) made several important points, he decided to attack the very Christians who he appeared to be trying to reach, effectively ending any good that might have come from his editorial. While Mark's intention ~should~ have been to stimulate and elevate the conversation, especially among those of us with a different mindset than his, he ended up doing just the opposite I'm afraid:(

~Deut
I think that is a great response. The reason that I don't agree with removing the Johnson Act. Because you cannot have politics in church without offending people. Christians. I believe that the basis for voting is Gods Word and if the Word of God is being preached in church, and Christians are reading their Bibles they will know how to vote.

I understand people being offended and that is what politics is doing to Christians. People who support President Trump have done the same. Take Paula White. She is now working for the Trump Administration. She said that Christians will have to answer to God for not supporting President Trump. Offensive to those Christians who voted their conscious. They also read the Bible. Go to church and are saved by the Grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ. One body. Not divided by politics but knitted together for the good of God.

I believe that we do need to pray for our leaders...all of them. Praying for them doesn't necessarily mean supporting everything they do. God allows people to be in positions of leadership but there have been some very evil leaders in the world. None the less God uses everything for His Will.

Dec 6, 2018
I appreciate the Christianity Today article. Although I realized that the left is dangerous to this country something possibly worse is happening. Total submission to politics and the President. Dividing families and even Christians over politics. Its so dangerous. I did not support Donald Trump. I think that the Bible calls us to vote for candidates that are appropriate based on the Word of God. And the Bible has plenty to say about leadership. So I will just say that the article was good and I hope that it will make Christians reflect on the Bible and what is important. I am not saying that I support liberals. I am a Conservative all of my adult life but I will not stand by and support immorality. Not from any party.
I appreciate that the President has worked against Planned Parenthood. I will say when he does good things, and criticise what I believe is wrong.
Agree totally. United we stand, divided we fall.

S

Susanna

We can agree on not addressing each other? Deal sealed?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
We can agree on not addressing each other? Deal sealed?
Well heck! You coulda just not responded, but I know all about those gotta have the last word peeps! Happy New Year! Vote Republican so we all don’t die please.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hey now! Your post is like a form of cheating, where you respond on her behalf. :p
People say some pretty ridiculous things, huh? Your comment ranks right up there. But you know what? You are not the first and you will likely not be the last to impart to me, that while others post when and where and how they want, that somehow my posting is not allowed, here you call it like a form of cheating, as if I do not have any right to recognize and acknowledge the fact that while one spews about someone else's need to getting in the last word with them, they themselves show that they must get in the last word with that other person. Does irony escape you? For the record, I responded on my own behalf.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
People say some pretty ridiculous things, huh? Your comment ranks right up there. But you know what? You are not the first and you will likely not be the last to impart to me, that while others post when and where and how they want, that somehow my posting is not allowed, here you call it like a form of cheating, as if I do not have any right to recognize and acknowledge the fact that while one spews about someone else's need to getting in the last word with them, they themselves show that they must get in the last word with that other person. Does irony escape you? For the record, I responded on my own behalf.
Hey! Happy New Year Magenta! May you and Bob be eternally Blessed!

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I apologise if my post touched a nerve... :cool:

It’s girl power. You better get used to it before it’s too late🤦‍♀️😁.
Nah, I'm used to it. Just calling her bluff, and showing that others can see the post for what it is. We were all children once. Nyah, nyah, nyah! Now I'm winning again. :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I apologise if my post touched a nerve... :cool:

Nah, I'm used to it. Just calling her bluff, and showing that others can see the post for what it is. We were all children once. Nyah, nyah, nyah! Now I'm winning again. :)
Your apology is worthless when you carry on in the same vein.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It’s girl power. You better get used to it before it’s too late🤦‍♀️😁.
LOL. I wonder why people give themselves rights and privileges they deny others. Oh, yeah, in the Bible it is called evil. Okay, I get it :rolleyes: