Feeling angry and helpless and alone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2016
No mention of defilement in the story of David and Bathsheba. He did not rape her. You are assuming it.

Here is an instance of rape. Dinah was defiled in such a manner.
Gen 34:2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her.

Actually 2Sam 11:4 says she made the first move. The word UNTO in the KJV means to Lay with in the Hebrew.

2Sam 11:4 And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in UNTO him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.

UNTO is H7901 שָׁכַב shakab (shaw-kaɓ') v.
to lie down (for rest, sexual connection, decease or any other purpose).

Have a blessed evening.
I am not assuming it and you know it. Learn about power and abuse dynamics and you will see what I'm talking about. As I've said, absolutely nothing you can say will convince me otherwise, so just stop trying.

U

UnderGrace

Quit looking at the people around you and in the world....LOOK TO JESUS.....and personally I am sick of those that devalue grace and then spread blather about people using it as a license to sin.....they accused Paul of the same crap!
I was about to write the same thing!! ;)

Well all I can say is EXACTLY!!!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
It's all in the title. If anyone wants to take a shot at me, come get me.

I've been raised a Christian. I've been a Christian for 8 years. I could recite the Gospel backwards. And yet I've always had a serious problem with one of the most important doctrines and the one we claim sets us free: grace.

Why? Because grace is often used as a license to sin. Grace apparently means even the most evil person who ever lived can go to heaven and never suffer the consequences for any of his horrific evils, simply by "accepting Jesus." I'm sorry, but nothing anyone can say can convince me that certain people can be forgiven.

I've never been abused, raped, or anything. This has nothing to do with me. It's about me feeling powerless to do anything about the suffering I see around me. And it infuriates me.
You CAN do something about the suffering around you; be Christlike.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Psalms 2:1-12, " 1 Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying, 3 “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” 4 He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. 5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying, 6 “As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill.” 7 I will tell of the decree: The LORD said to me, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you. 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. 9 You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.” 10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Malachi 4:1-6, " 1 “For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. 2 But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. 3 And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the LORD of hosts. 4 “Remember the law of my servant Moses, the statutes and rules that I commanded him at Horeb for all Israel. 5 “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes. 6 And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Malachi 3:16-18, " 16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke with one another. The LORD paid attention and heard them, and a book of remembrance was written before him of those who feared the LORD and esteemed his name. 17 “They shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him. 18 Then once more you shall see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve him.

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
Matthew 25:31-46, " 31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

FollowtheShepherd

Sep 15, 2019
John 5:28-30, " 28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment. 30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.