Feeling depressed :(

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jonnyp

Hi everyone,

Since starting university 2 years ago I have made loads of friends and am having a great time there. But when I go home I have lost contact with all of my school friends. I have tried to keep in contact with them but they just don't seem to want to keep in contact with me. I now don't like living at home because of this and feel alone and depressed every time I go home. Can anyone help me stop feeling like this?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Practice-English

You're not the Only One...
I can say that it's the same thing for my part,
but we've not the same situation,
me it's for something else...
I can't help you or giving some advice
because me too I'm in difficulty for real, anyway...
Tonight, I'm a little bit sad and mad at the same time!

mochi

May 26, 2015
True friends will always keeps contact with you no matter what.. when i move out to 1 city to another city i feel lost too.. some friends stop contacting me and some others still.. while few months later they start to contact me again...

You just need to go outside and meet new people and having new others friends.. are you join community in church in your area?? that could help too ^_^ there are LOT of people out there ^_^

J

jonnyp

Mochi I do go to church but it doesn't have any young people my age. All it has is older people and their children so its not like I can meet friends through my church that are my age.

I just am really bored all the time and get down very easily.

S

Starsdance

People could always let you down and depressed, but God never. So focus on God and Jesus.

S

Starsdance

And make some new Christian friends is a good idea

S

Siberian_Khatru

If they didn't return the effort to stay in contact, they probably aren't worth feeling depressed over my friend. I understand that it's a bit of a struggle, jonnyp; I've filtered through friends and lost some connections I valued too. C'est la vie though, honestly. People will come and go from your life. It can be a hard pill to swallow, but that's the medicine we take when we sign up to connect with people.

J

jonnyp

I know people come and go and I have come to accept that. However, when there were 150 people in my year at school and spent 5 years with them, some even more than that. It feels like they just think I'm not here anymore. Then I spent 3 months travelling and volunteering with (at the time) 2 of my best friends. I haven't seen either of them in more than a year. In those 3 months I became really close to them but after we finished I hardly saw them. Every time I come home from university it is ALWAYS me who tries to see them. In the past 18 months I haven't had 1 text or message to see if I want to meet up or anything.

At university I am sociable and have many friends but then I come home and all of that seems to just disappear. I have come to accept that my friends from school were not good friends. But at the same time I would still like to feel that they care about me and that they want to keep in touch. As spending every day for 5 or more years with some of them is a long period of time and a chapter of my life that I don't want to forget.

mochi

May 26, 2015
This is just for a moment.. trust me.. soon, you'll get used with this feeling.. i know how it feels missing the moment where you have a bunch of friend.. hang out together and sharing together.. :( keep moving..
are you going back to home forever??
i mean at your age you can work to another city right???

J

jonnyp

I am back home for a couple of months over the summer.

mochi

May 26, 2015
hmmmm... during that time enjoy your time here on CC!! lol..

Honestly... i'm wondering too why people/friends easily forget us :( what is friendship in their mind actually?? is it only if we close each other?? hang around each other?? and when we go to other city and rarely hang out with them they started to forget???
hmmmm....
i had no idea whats on people's mind....

Channa

Mar 1, 2014
He Jonny,

That sucks :/ You could join a sportclub or search a summerjob? You could go on another volunteertrip or go to your family for a few weeks. Enough options to enjoy your summer :) And, this is just this life. We'll be back home soon, may help you persevere :)

God bless,

Sep 5, 2016
friends are good that make people very happy, but there are times people get dependent on the source of this happiness, and when it is gone, they become not happy, because they based their happiness on other people, and not on anything they were sure to keep, find something that makes you happy that you have and will have, if you can find something that can never be taken, or destroyed, you will never have to worry about losing your happiness