Feeling invisiable lately???

  • Thread starter Thread starter faithandlove
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

faithandlove

Guest
This is my first blog ever, so excuse me if it sounds 'ho hum'.:)

I love to write (I'm hoping to have my first book finished by this summers' end). I hope that what I'm writing today will help someone else who may need a little encouragement.:)

So here goes...

I'm an introvert (not by choice), and an anti-socialist (mostly because I don't understand people and at times fear them), and this makes for one long, bumpy, lonely journey in this life.

I like people enough, I guess, but my whole life, I have been a loner. Because of this, I don't think people understand me, so I keep my distance from them. I do not have the 'people' skills needed to get and sustain a true friendship, and so I spend most of my time working, writing and most importantly, with God. Actually, I spend alot of time with God, as I have no one else to talk to. But so very often, I get tired of myself and would love the company of others. When I get like this, I venture out in search of others to talk to. Often times, I come up empty handed! And I always think it's because I don't know how to relate to others.

I don't have a family (they're there, it's just they ousted me years ago). The few friends I had in school have long since exited the picture. To this day, I wish I could have learned more from them.

These days, it's just me and my thoughts. I go about my day constantly thinking. What about? Mostly about God, and how my life is or isn't measuring up to what the scriptures say. Right now, I'm thinking about how stupid this blog is going to sound when I'm finished!:rolleyes: And the sad thing is, I'm just about there!!!:D

Well, let me finish up.

Here lately, I have been feeling invisiable. Day after day, I encounter all sorts of people, mostly through work. And some of them, I can have a really good brief converstaion with, but most I can't. And at the end of everyday, I come home to my computer, get on cc and spend a good couple of hours on here. Most times, I will just read posts. Sometimes I do this scouring for an encouraging word or sometimes I will go to prayer requests and pray for others (not posting the prayer). Other times, I'm on here just simply for the 'company'. I never say much when I'm on here, most times I don't know what to say. Still, I wish I had better 'people skills'.

I think I'm running someone off my job, because of my lack of 'skills'. It's pitiful.:(
 
I dont have people skills ether.

I have always been the invisible guy. couple friends here and there. but women never wanted anything to do with me so never really went down that path. But the few friends I did have they got married or had kids or both so I never see them.

I have just gotten so used to being alone I dont think it can ever change. I get to annoyed with people very quickly
 
I so understand all that you said and I do relate to both you and wisebeardman. I am new to CC and I am hoping that you will see this since I noticed your last post was 2013
 
No, it didn't sound stupid at all. That's great that you pray for the folks in the prayer forum, but if you post the prayer, it cheers them up, so that would be helpful. You tend to make more friends that way as well :). There's also a thread with friendly people that post a lot throughout the day. A lot of people post in there when they feel lonely. Here's a link: http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/108916-speak-your-mind.html

Also, praying that Jesus will give you the Holy Spirit to comfort you is wise. Luke 11:13 :).
 
Last edited:
Have you seen the movie "Narnia: The Voyage of Dawn Treader "? Follow Lucy's story and struggle...
 
Brother you are not alone at all. I can relate more than you know!! I have an ability to bury my feelings so deep that I'm numb to love completely from people and God. I just cant seem to feel much of anything but I know its there. No one I know seems to understand.
 
No man is an island...we were designed to have interpersonal relationships with others. Sometimes lack of attachment in early childhood deprives us of the ability to form relationships later in life. I have no idea what kind of history you have, but this may have something to do with what you experience.
 
BekahB5;bt18086 said:
No man is an island...we were designed to have interpersonal relationships with others. Sometimes lack of attachment in early childhood deprives us of the ability to form relationships later in life. I have no idea what kind of history you have, but this may have something to do with what you experience.

Well I am a middle child! That's my excuse lol.
 
Hi I'm new to the site and not really sure how this work but anyway i can relate to you and just want to say you're not alone God is awesome and you never know who He will send your way be bless
 
Ascent;bt18084 said:
Brother you are not alone at all. I can relate more than you know!! I have an ability to bury my feelings so deep that I'm numb to love completely from people and God. I just cant seem to feel much of anything but I know its there. No one I know seems to understand.

We have all been in a similar position at one point in our lives. Stay strong and know that we are with you. If you are interested in the mission work in Africa please visit mission for Christ Mission for Christ - Home
 
It's tough to expose yourself to the outside world and build friendships when you have so much faith in God. It's easy to stay home and isolate yourself from the world when you have God. Cherish that. With that said, have confidence that you are worth knowing and by knowing Him, let Him guide you to His purpose. Random strangers are precious. They are the ones who accepted His invitation. They carry a light and discovering it is an amazing feeling. Good Bless.
 
It's difficult to reveal our secrets and uttermost unknowns...

But if your personal testimony can touch and edify the body of Christ.. So be it... Something which you have contributed maybe exactly what someone else is going through but orally or literally won't share..
 
Last edited: