Fellowship & Assembly

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I have been aware of them for a long time and early on was almost taken in by their pseudo-teachings. Their GIMMICK that I fell for was a free CD about their ideas regarding THE MARK OF THE BEAST. Their teaching a lot of stuff that apparently has roots in someone else ideas and they add their own spin. Supposedly the reach they have is worldwide.
A town where I used to live had a Shepherd's Chapel TV broadcast. I watched a few times and for sure, that guy was out there.

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
I am not much of a techy and still use flip phone but curious as to using (SM) social media as your intent indicates with Twitter which is also in a transitional phase. Notice that SM is also designation for more pejorative condition. Another point of interest regarding SM it is now approximately 10 yrs since Arab Spring which was aided by use of SM. Interesting to me that a cousin married a man from Tunisia where Arab Spring started. Most unusual that I interacted with the couple for only a short time and now look back upon that incident with a degree of amazement. Will wonders never cease.
I never noticed much attention to what I have in my signature, except for incidental attention from moderation (not from this site, just another) for any link to a site away from the forum site to be removed. So yes, I started on Twitter, with almost no followers there, while I want connection with other believers, willing to work at that through that medium. I don't understand the connection with whatever is pejorative, and the connection being made with political movements in the Middle East is unexpected and I am not sure of the point of that. I am on forums to communicate anyway and any of those count as social media. It seems to me believers use little of social media otherwise online, besides Facebook, which I have use of too. But I prefer another way, any other way, to it, and it seemed if there were believers using any other media besides Facebook, or forums like this, it would be Twitter, rather than media less known to the conservativeness among believers I find in communication. So, I do welcome connections through it, with believers who use it, I don't see any negative thing about that.

P

persistent

I never noticed much attention to what I have in my signature, except for incidental attention from moderation (not from this site, just another) for any link to a site away from the forum site to be removed. So yes, I started on Twitter, with almost no followers there, while I want connection with other believers, willing to work at that through that medium. I don't understand the connection with whatever is pejorative, and the connection being made with political movements in the Middle East is unexpected and I am not sure of the point of that. I am on forums to communicate anyway and any of those count as social media. It seems to me believers use little of social media otherwise online, besides Facebook, which I have use of too. But I prefer another way, any other way, to it, and it seemed if there were believers using any other media besides Facebook, or forums like this, it would be Twitter, rather than media less known to the conservativeness among believers I find in communication. So, I do welcome connections through it, with believers who use it, I don't see any negative thing about that.
Hello FrebVB, I keep getting distracted with many things in my own little world. Maybe isolating myself is not the best idea. I mentioned the way social media has been a 'disruptor' as my own sense of the negative influence it seems to have. I see that when I posted that I was apparently reflecting on some incident in my life that distracted me at that time.

It sounds like you are concerned about the covid pandemic. I didn't get vaccinated yet but now that I am being encouraged to attend a local group of Assemblies of God I intend to do so. But I just might risk not vaccinating too, though that sounds a bit crazy. It seems that living here in Chicago the different bugs are not so impactful on me. Influenza bug seemed real bad when I got it in Southern California but real mild here. So, I ask myself, 'if I get covid, how bad will it be". I haven't a clue.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I just don't want to get involved with any cult type. JWs' come across nice but I understand they are cult.
My advise would be to approach your decision with prayer. If they are not including all scriptures to harmonize then they do not have the truth that Jesus taught. The scriptures teach that only a remnant of God's born again children are teaching and preaching the true doctrine of Jesus Christ.

They also teach that most of mankind, in Jesus ministering days, rejected his teachings, some thinking they were the teachings of a cult, even some of his followers saying, "It is a hard saying, who can understand it?

On of the distinguishing features of the church that Christ established will be a small group of poor and afflicted people that worship him in singing, preaching of the whole bible, and in prayer. (Zeph 3:12-13).