Felt like a fool

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Willie-T

Banned
Feb 7, 2015
22,418
413
0
Went to Popeye's tonight, and I ordered white meat, while my wife ordered dark. I quipped to the cashier that I was Jack Sprat, and this was my wife.

Well, she was too young to have any idea what I was even talking about.... so she told us she was glad to meet us, and told us her name. I felt like a total Turkey.

My wife said, "That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Of course, it dawns on me that many of you kids here are completely in the dark about this, too.
 
Went to Popeye's tonight, and I ordered white meat, while my wife ordered dark. I quipped to the cashier that I was Jack Sprat, and this was my wife.

Well, she was too young to have any idea what I was even talking about.... so she told us she was glad to meet us, and told us her name. I felt like a total Turkey.

My wife said, "That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Of course, it dawns on me that many of you kids here are completely in the dark about this, too.

sounds like you have a lovely, forgiving sort of wife.

i think i'd be devising penance for my poor husband. :)
 
Most kids these days don't even know who Captain Planet or Gumby are, so yes, there's no hope that they'll know about Jack Sprat. I knew the nursery rhyme as a kid. Haven't really heard much about it since.
 
Most kids these days don't even know who Captain Planet or Gumby are, so yes, there's no hope that they'll know about Jack Sprat. I knew the nursery rhyme as a kid. Haven't really heard much about it since.

that's okay, though...most likely it hasn't changed much, either. :p

 
Must be something about the name Jack. You made me think of Jack Horner.
 
We were laughing about it at the table later, and it brought to mind several others. One was Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater. Had a wife, but couldn't keep her. So, he................................

Can anyone here finish it?
 
Most kids these days don't even know who Captain Planet or Gumby are, so yes, there's no hope that they'll know about Jack Sprat. I knew the nursery rhyme as a kid. Haven't really heard much about it since.
What age range are you talking about? I still remember captain plant.

Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart!
And Gumby was too boring for me to watch.
 
PenKnight,
This is why they were called "Nursery Rhymes"........ because they were silly little children's sayings that really did rhyme. (Precursors to Dr. Seuss.)
 
We were laughing about it at the table later, and it brought to mind several others. One was Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater. Had a wife, but couldn't keep her. So, he................................

Can anyone here finish it?

yeah! the pumpkin shell, that would be my husband's required penance. :)

(i'm kidding...my husband is the dearest!)

what's with Mother Goose and all the food?
just hard times back then, do you think?
 
What age range are you talking about? I still remember captain plant.

Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart!
And Gumby was too boring for me to watch.

didn't your mom or dad read you nursery rhymes?

fair enough...some are actually a bit gruesome, come to think of it.
 
What age range are you talking about? I still remember captain plant.

Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Heart!
And Gumby was too boring for me to watch.

Anyone up to around 20 years of age. I'm glad you've heard of Captain Planet, but I can't abide you finding Gumby to be boring. Haha! It was a treasure-trove of creativity. Maybe you had to watch it from a very early age to enjoy it (I still do - although some episodes are surprisingly creepy).

PsychoMom, why should he be in trouble with his wife? He didn't do anything wrong.
 
Anyone up to around 20 years of age. I'm glad you've heard of Captain Planet, but I can't abide you finding Gumby to be boring. Haha! It was a treasure-trove of creativity. Maybe you had to watch it from a very early age to enjoy it (I still do - although some episodes are surprisingly creepy).

PsychoMom, why should he be in trouble with his wife? He didn't do anything wrong.

no, he certainly didn't, you're right. :)

er...wife joke? :o