"Feminine genius" "strawberries on the cake" Pope Francis speaks on role of women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

"Feminine genius" "strawberries on the cake" Pope Francis speaks on role of women

Pope praises ‘feminine genius’ as Vatican readies report on U.S. nuns - Strange Bedfellows — Politics News

Pope Francis has praised the role of women in Catholic theology, extolling what he called their “feminine genius,” describing them as “strawberries on the cake” and talking about a “specific contribution of women to the intelligence of the faith.”
The pontiff made his remarks even as the Vatican prepares to release a report on its much-criticized two-year investigation of America’s outspoken women of faith.
It was quietly disclosed this week that a report on the Vatican’s investigation of U.S. nuns, officially referred to as an “apostolic visitation,” will be released on Dec. 16. Seattle Archbishop J. Peter Sartain has been charged with bringing the sisters into line.
Pope Francis was talking up women, diversity and a “healthy pluralism of views” in a Friday speech to the 30-member International Theological Commission that advises the pontiff and the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. The Vatican released a text.

P

psychomom

Re: "Feminine genius" "strawberries on the cake" Pope Francis speaks on role of women

hahahaha! :)

Eve was deceived.
i wonder if women are yet prone to deception?

idk...i know i am, and i thank God for my husband.
he may not know what Downy is, but he keeps my gullibility factor down. :)

K

kaylagrl

Re: "Feminine genius" "strawberries on the cake" Pope Francis speaks on role of women

hahahaha! :)

Eve was deceived.
i wonder if women are yet prone to deception?

idk...i know i am, and i thank God for my husband.
he may not know what Downy is, but he keeps my gullibility factor down. :)
Hummm dont have the gullibility gene I guess.Not easily persuaded.You may need to help me be less cynical. lol

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011

What stands out to me is the total conflict between keeping nuns, (who work for free in most cases) from "stepping out of line" and the Pope saying women are needed in ministry. Why not just work on using the ones who have dedicated their lives to the church? (Not sure if it is to God, since so many Catholics are unsaved!)

To say nothing of the fact that somehow Mariology was just seeping through the popes words. Or am I reading something into what he says?

A

AnnaBou

I'm confused. What have the nuns been getting up to?

P

psychomom

I'm confused. What have the nuns been getting up to?
strawberry cake?

A

AnnaBou

That's what I thought. Pope says there is a place for ladies in the church because they are genius when it comes to making cake. Then I read it and Nuns have been bad and ladies have feminine genius like strawberries on a cake

:confused:

P

psychomom

That's what I thought. Pope says there is a place for ladies in the church because they are genius when it comes to making cake. Then I read it and Nuns have been bad and ladies have feminine genius like strawberries on a cake

:confused:
and apparently Paul, Peter, James, John and the gang will be visiting?

C

ChristIsGod

I live in a 55 and over community and many retired nuns live here and 99.5 percent of folks in these 214 units here are a catholic & I know that these people will protest big-time this so-called discipline against those nuns - as the article states, many have already.

Reckon this is just the way out of that mess. Romney did it with his "folder full of women" statement.
And then there's someone's wife running for President in 2016 - so there may be a bit of campaining wrapped into this "feminine genius" statement.

binders-full-of-women-bill-clinton.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
C

ChristIsGod

[sorry still_waters - wifi messing up bad & don't know how that 2nd little photo got in there. And it's not showing on the edit version]