Filipino foods... I love! <3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jangel

May 12, 2010
I just thought Filipino food deserves another thread so here it is... hehe

I was surprised knowing that Balut doesn't originate in our country especially a lot of Filipinos would say, you are not a true Filipino if you haven't eaten one, seemed to be our national food and it's what they usually offer to foreigners to try.

I keep thinking what are the Filipino foods that we can call our own really, since most of our cuisine were influenced by other countries.

Lechon, paella, puchero, mechado, kaldereta was introduced by Spanish, pansit and lumpia was introduced by Chinese.
Adobo I think is truly a filipino dish. Pinakbet and sinigang also hmmm I wonder what are the others...

Any Filipino foods that you love that is ours really?

C

Charisma

My favorite of all Filipino food Kare-Kare but originally ours,really Pinoy Food, like Diningding,Sinantol,Pinangat,Ginisang Ampalaya,Ginisang Binurong Mustasa,Paksiw na Isda sa Alagaw,Ginataang Kuhol (golden snail).Does'nt these sound Pinoy too.

N

nettie

I will nominate (lol) Kesong Puti and Tamales. But I think Tamales sounds Spanish or Mexican... :confused:

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
Ate Jangel, i think adobo is not truly a Filipino dish but of Spanish if my memory is right kuya kim once said that adobo originated from Spain (i'm not sure though)...

how about, nilat-an na manok (manok bisaya) na naay kamunggay... :D

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
One thing also Adobo in bisaya is fried pork/chicken and we call your (if you happen to be Tagalog) adobo "humba" in bisaya.

jangel

May 12, 2010
Haha pinoy na pinoy ate Charisma. Nobody in our house knows how to cook kare-kare hehe. At one point I know I tried to taste this but I couldn't remember the taste anymore :D. I also don't eat goat so I'm not a fan of kare-kare but I believe that it's really good.

I have to Google what Diningding, Sinantol, Pinangat are, I haven't tried them and haven't heard them too. Diningding is like a Pinakbet with a little twist on the ingredients. Sinantol is one proof of Filipinos creativity on dishes, I never thought there's a dish out of the Santol fruit. I would love to try it I just don't know where. :DI searched Pinangat it says it's laing. I heard laing but haven't seen a real one really.
Nice... I learned something. :D

jangel

May 12, 2010
I thought Gideon Adobo is Filipino, I google it again yeaa it's Spanish inspired dish lol. But it says even before the Spaniards came, early Filipinos cooked their food minimally by roasting, steaming or boiling. To keep it fresh longer, food was often cooked by immersion in vinegar and salt. Thus, early Filipinos could have been cooking its meat in vinegar, which is the basic process in making adobo. Then Chinese traders came with their soy sauce.

I think it was only inspired by other countries but the way we cook it is different from others and so we made our own Filipino Adobo.

Haha while reading I saw this saying... Philippine food was prepared by Malay settlers, spiced by the Chinese, stewed by the Spanish and hamburgerized by the Americans. :D

jangel

May 12, 2010
One thing also Adobo in bisaya is fried pork/chicken and we call your (if you happen to be Tagalog) adobo "humba" in bisaya.
Yes nilagang manok I love it and in malunggay haha.
Wait lang gideon ang alam ko adobo in bisaya is the same adobo in tagalog, really? hehe pritong baboy at manok man yung fried pork/chicken and yung humba I thought yun ung pork na looks like adobo pero pagkaoily pero pork dish lang. hehe

rejoice83

Sep 29, 2011
Filipino Native Delicacies

crave these kakanin food :D

url.jpg IMG_0063.jpg P6300370.jpg

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
Haha while reading I saw this saying... Philippine food was prepared by Malay settlers, spiced by the Chinese, stewed by the Spanish and hamburgerized by the Americans. :D
bwahahahahahhaha . . . parang walang space ang mga pinoy..ano kain nalang..? ahahahahhahahaha

Yes nilagang manok I love it and in malunggay haha.
Wait lang gideon ang alam ko adobo in bisaya is the same adobo in tagalog, really? hehe pritong baboy at manok man yung fried pork/chicken and yung humba I thought yun ung pork na looks like adobo pero pagkaoily pero pork dish lang. hehe
ewan ko lang ate Jangel ha..pero dito kasi sa cebu pag sinabi mong pritong manok/baboy pagtatawanan kalang -awkward hahaha...ang prito kasi dito ginagamit lng sa isda e.g. pinirito na isda . . .

yong humba dito eh may star anis, spring onion, soy sauce, sugar, water at pork at magic sarap din :p...tapos pinapakuluan 'til malapot at oily siya --- sa tagalog adobo nila yon....pero ang adobo dito ay deep fried lng...

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
That looks pretty cool.

What's in an embutido?

N

nettie

^Kakagutom!!!

I want to add Sinampalukang Manok and Batchoy!

@Maxwel,
It's a steamed ground pork mixed with peas, carrots, raisins, wrapped in aluminum foil. Some folks want to add some stuffs in the middle such as eggs like in the picture.

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
^Kakagutom!!!

I want to add Sinampalukang Manok and Batchoy!

@Maxwel,
It's a steamed ground pork mixed with peas, carrots, raisins, wrapped in aluminum foil. Some folks want to add some stuffs in the middle such as eggs like in the picture.
o_O my favorite!!!! My mom makes the best embutido ever. Gaaah im craving for embutido. Nettie, can you cook embutido for me? :)

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
[maonay ko'g laway sa akong post..] i only had eaten embutido thrice (i think)and i was very young then. . .

@ maxwel, you'll surely love that one . . . :D

dliz

Filipino Room/Forum Moderator
Jun 13, 2012
Buffet1.jpg

ala fiesta! hahaha!

1. Maja Blanca

323461.jpg

2. ADOBO
feature.jpeg

3.LECHON
leche5kg.jpg

4.SISIG

Sisig.jpg

5.PAKSIW

paksiw-na-lechon.jpg

pic97lDyj.jpg

jangel

May 12, 2010
bwahahahahahhaha . . . parang walang space ang mga pinoy..ano kain nalang..? ahahahahhahahaha

ewan ko lang ate Jangel ha..pero dito kasi sa cebu pag sinabi mong pritong manok/baboy pagtatawanan kalang -awkward hahaha...ang prito kasi dito ginagamit lng sa isda e.g. pinirito na isda . . .

yong humba dito eh may star anis, spring onion, soy sauce, sugar, water at pork at magic sarap din :p...tapos pinapakuluan 'til malapot at oily siya --- sa tagalog adobo nila yon....pero ang adobo dito ay deep fried lng...
lol ok haha noted un pag pumunta ako ng Visayas haha, sa amin we call pritong manok for fried talaga, meron nga food chain name is Pritong Manok, ngbebenta ng fried chiken, 35 pesos for 1 piece with rice dito.

jangel

May 12, 2010
haha wala jud gialang alang ni Dliz ala fiesta jud makagutom man mga pics oi hehehe pero nagbagong buhay na ako I don't eat pork anymore. :D