financial stress and faith crisis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

elfstone

Jul 10, 2019
My husband has been unemployed/underemployed for a year and a half now. We have eaten through our savings as he continues to job hunt, and after multiple interviews, still nothing. We are raising three kids 5 and under and the financial strain is unbearable. I am a stay at home mom. We have both been raised Christian and that is a big part of what drew us together. But this past year and a half has made both of us go through our own personal faith crisis.

For me personally, I have struggled with a lot of hard questions. Why God would allow this, why He isn't answering our prayers, was this all part of His plan, what are we supposed to be learning/getting out of this, etc. I have questioned the meaning of words like "love" and "good good Father." (If this is what love and good look like than I have had it wrong my whole life.)

We moved to a small town two years ago, believing it was God's will for us to move there. And now we are at risk of losing our home and moving in with his parents in the big city again. Nothing makes sense and I am struggling to find God in all this. Would so appreciate prayers. For renewed faith, for understanding, and for my husband to find a job very very soon.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Your words have been heard. Many are experiencing troubling and restless times.
We must strive to maintain our faith, as many things in life, there being no real answer.
Circumstances so often are not of our own doing, and we must accept the things we
can't change. Let us pray to stay strong in our family love and unity with one another.
Let us strive to apply God's 'principles' of life, and hope we overcome our difficulties.
I pray your difficulties become less and things become more manageable."
'Amen'
'Praise God'
hope-in-focus - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

T

tasha66

I am in a similar situation. This is my heartfelt prayer to you:
Our loving, giving heavenly Father, please help Elfstone in her desperate time of need. Please help her husband to secure any job that is available, and have employers look upon him kindly. Help the family to secure some sort of finance to sustain them in the next few months. Listen to and answer their prayers. Amen.
On the practical side, can you access some sort of social security in your country? Also attend the op shops and ask for food vouchers / hampers. They may even know of cheaper accommodation you can access. It is always harder in a small town as opportunities are limited. Can your husband travel further away for work? We have FIFO jobs here down under - you Fly In / Fly Out for work - can he maybe seek something like that? Perhaps you could go out and work, and ask neighsbours to babysit, or find jobs with opposite hours to suit. Some people may even offer free babysitting services, to get the experience, or you could offer exchange of work for cheaper accommodation. Churches are a good way to start networking and asking re crisis accommodation.
Do let us all know how you go.
We all question our faith - but then again, we are only human. I'm not a Bible expert, but I think Jesus said to lay all of your cares on His shoulders? A solution will come - sometimes, you just have to be strong and really search for it.
You are in my prayers tonight!
Cheers

Feb 6, 2019
My prayer is that during this time you continue to trust and know that God hears your tears. Stay encouraged.