Finding a peaceful place to pray and talk to God

  • Thread starter Thread starter jake777
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jake777

Guest
One of the most wonderful thing that Christian can do , is find a quite place and have a real earnest talks with God. I was raised on a small hillside Kentucky farm. above my daddy farm was a wooded ridge, I used to climb that hill and sit down on a fallen tree, and have a talk with God, just me and the birds and lizards and rabbit. what a nearness I felt there with God, noting to disturb my praying and talking to God, As a preacher I have always told Christian brothers and sisters to talk to God not with fancy words, just words from the very heart . fancy big shot words don't impress God almighty, just simple meaningful words from the prayers earnest heart . Try this brother or sister , find you a quite place where your not going to be disturbed and have you a real serious earnest honest talks with God , and you will come away most blessed , try and and you will see that it will make you closer to God , let me tell you that read this I love you in Jesus Christ, love God love , and family and love your hateful boss or you kind boss,
God will be there in your quit peaceful place of praying, and you will come away most blessed and revived. anyone who would love to read one of my inspirational story on Amazon , it's free , the name of the story is the death of a corn farmer, type that in and it should come , hope you enjoy this free little story i wrote and got published, or just type in my name on Amazon, Stanley McQueen my will appear. this is not a sales pitch you don't have to buy any of my stories i have several free, .
 
What a lovely honest blog sir! How difficult it is in this day and age to find that quiet spot, I so long for quiet time with God but it alludes me. My favourite places to be near to God are elevated places - hills and mountains and I am drawn to them just for this reason alone but it isn't very often because time, location and alone time get in the way.

I will take a look on Amazon.
 
I think I know of that fallen tree. Ive seen it many times. I can sit on it and look out upon the Kentucky river and a beautiful Kentucky valley. Gods country if you ask me.
 
I read your pstory now so inspiring I just love the unique nature of God he is ever present to help and sustain us I did try praying in a peaceful place. Mountain here in my country it ws so refreshing I got gosse bumps run my spine

God is great