Finding God in Nature

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 16, 2020
I firmly believe that God created everything, from the animals, mountains, forests, etc.

I often see God in nature from the animals that he made. For example Vultures (I’m okay with Vultures, but my favorite wild animal is the Killer Whale), they eat the dead bodies of whatever died on the side of the road. I thought about it one day: “If we didn’t have Vultures (Or most scavengers for that matter) then there would dead things everywhere, left there to rot.” So God gave all animals a purpose and it to where it best serves the world he made. That’s how I look at it, but I do want to ask God the purpose of mosquitos when I get to heaven, lol. Also, I see God’s work in Sunsets, my Dad really does say it best: “The sunsets are the painting and brush work of God”

So yeah, just comment how you see God and his amazing works in nature ^_^

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Death, destruction, sickness, misery, lack, are all results of the fall, not His original plan for His creation. I don't think there will be vultures in heaven. (Maybe killer whales will be vegan)

Aug 16, 2020
Death, destruction, sickness, misery, lack, are all results of the fall, not His original plan for His creation. I don't think there will be vultures in heaven. (Maybe killer whales will be vegan)
Hmm, interesting viewpoint, I don’t think bugs will be heaven that’s for sure, lol.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Not a bug person? I question the mosquito thing as well! lol!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had this idea of getting rid of mosquitos is to somehow get all the stagnant water moving. Using bath fizzbombs perhaps?

Aug 16, 2020
Not a bug person? I question the mosquito thing as well! lol!
Yeah I’m really not, like butterflies and ladybugs are pretty, but other bugs like ants, mosquitoes, and roaches, HUGE NOPE, lol. I will literally run away if I see a roach, they are just so gross and freaky looking. It doesn’t help when I lived in Deer Park (It’s in the Houston area...in Texas), we had trees everywhere and you know what that means? Tree roaches everywhere! I have moved around a lot, but one of the places my family lived at in Deer Park, was a town home rent place...thing...I dunno, lol. But anyway I was sleeping on the bottom pull-out mattress of my brother’s bunk bed/Desk thing, and there was a tree roach flying towards me in the middle of the night. I like animals, but bugs, nope, just nope 😅

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Limping to Jerusalem

"Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature...is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace." ~~May Sarton~~

Aug 19, 2020
butterflies and ladybugs are pretty
Have you ever seen ladybugs up close attacking aphids? They're brutal! lol I have a friend who's an entomologist and she's always catching all sorts of things at the park, like dragonflies, roaches, cicadas, praying mantis, and wolf spiders. She's kind of made me more at ease around bugs, so the other week when I saw a cockroach (not an American cockroach though) got in and was crawling on the wall and ceiling of the kitchen, I was able to calmly motivate it with a plastic tray towards the front door where it walked out, upside-down mind you, but still.

Aug 16, 2020
Have you ever seen ladybugs up close attacking aphids? They're brutal! lol I have a friend who's an entomologist and she's always catching all sorts of things at the park, like dragonflies, roaches, cicadas, praying mantis, and wolf spiders. She's kind of made me more at ease around bugs, so the other week when I saw a cockroach (not an American cockroach though) got in and was crawling on the wall and ceiling of the kitchen, I was able to calmly motivate it with a plastic tray towards the front door where it walked out, upside-down mind you, but still.
That’s really cool, you’re brave for being able to deal with that roach, that’s for sure. Yeah what I meant for ladybugs is that it’s fun to find them, and see them crawling by. I do in fact know about the horrors of “close up of a bug’s face”, spongebob taught me that with the episode when they go to Sandy’s house, and the caterpillar they raised becomes a butterfly, and they freak out when the butterfly lands on their water holding helmets, and that cut to the horrifying bug face and noises. So yeah...I like them from a distance, lol.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
seeing a ladybug is said to bring good luck.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
Hmm, interesting viewpoint, I don’t think bugs will be heaven that’s for sure, lol.
Whaaaat??? Bugs are amaaaaaazing and beautiful!!!!! God's handiwork is all over each one. I may not be a huge fan of every single one, but they all are so unique.

Aug 16, 2020
Whaaaat??? Bugs are amaaaaaazing and beautiful!!!!! God's handiwork is all over each one. I may not be a huge fan of every single one, but they all are so unique.
Yeah they are cool, I just don’t like roaches, mosquitoes, and ants. I have scorpions where I live, they are freaky, but like watching them quickly crawl around is kinda cool to watch, didn’t know they bend their tail down to go faster, never thought about it, lol.

Dec 17, 2018
Amen, Animals are splendid and we where designed to admire those amazing creatures, but then the sin came and we could no longer get along with all of them....I want to be the friendo of a lion in heaven, just imagine walking and playing with elephants, rhinos and lions, and well, every other creature, without any consequence. That was the original plan and that i think is going to be like in some way heaven.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
So, before sin a mosquito had a redeeming value? That will be great to see when this earth is restored.(y):giggle:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
On a serious note: Regarding the OP............ I love to be out walking in Gods Creations. I see His Hand everywhere! This is a pleasure I seek daily............all of creation cries out:

THERE IS A GOD

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Earths crammed with heaven
And every common bush afire with God
But only he who sees takes off his shoes

Aurora Leigh

Aug 16, 2020
I like clouds, they are so cool, especially when you can see stuff in the clouds. Like this “thumbs up”, it’s like God is giving us a thumbs up, that everything will be okay ^_^

8A69307B-BD7B-4E8B-A1D7-8B5585260306.jpeg