First Car!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

oh Shiney!
That's terrible, I'm so sorry :(:cry:.
Praying you have a speedy recovery.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
My baby is totaled. Just got it and I had a green arrow and someone rammed into me, totaling it and injuring me in the process. I'm on short-term disability and now going to doctor appointments to help fix my body.

I will miss my car and I appreciate everyone's excitement for me.

View attachment 238251

No! No! NoOOOOOO!

I'm really sorry to hear about this, that is just horrible! You waited all this time and you get to drive it for three weeks, than smashed.

I know living in New York is incredibly expensive, so the very fact that you can afford anything, including a car, says a lot. The life style is great if you like the big city, but cost of living is forgetboutit, or however you say it at the Big Apple.

Once again, sorry to hear this Shiney! Heal up quick and try to find the good in all things.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
My baby is totaled. Just got it and I had a green arrow and someone rammed into me, totaling it and injuring me in the process. I'm on short-term disability and now going to doctor appointments to help fix my body.

View attachment 238251
Ugggghhhhh
With the "no fault" auto insurance in NY its a mess.

Are you going to be able to afford insurance after this?

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015

View attachment 238251
So, two weeks after my car accident, I called in due to injuries from the car accident because I had an FMLA (Family Medical Leave Absence), which was supposed to protect my job from my injuries. They fired me at the end of the day.

So, lost job, lost car - everything is a mess. Sorry, I haven't been as active, I've just been busy applying to jobs and super discouraged with this life right now, haha.

L

Live4Him2

So, two weeks after my car accident, I called in due to injuries from the car accident because I had an FMLA (Family Medical Leave Absence), which was supposed to protect my job from my injuries. They fired me at the end of the day.

So, lost job, lost car - everything is a mess. Sorry, I haven't been as active, I've just been busy applying to jobs and super discouraged with this life right now, haha.
So sorry to hear all of this.

I'll be praying that the Lord provides you with another vehicle.

Would I be out of line if I asked what type of injuries you sustained?

I'm not asking to be nosey.

Instead, I'll be praying for your healing as well, and I just like to pray as specifically as possible.

If you're not comfortable sharing that information, then I certainly understand.

Either way, you'll be in my prayers.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021

Now I get it...
It's a bummer day. No freedom, no car, and now unemployed.

But Jesus loves you...He has a reason why you are in the current position...it doesn't feel pleasant.

Remember the OLD (like me) hymn....
When sorrows like sea billows roll,
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
it is well
it is well with my soul.

Now there are plenty of jobs out there. You might not like them all...but they do provide an income. (Keeping the bills at bay)

But the situation is usually ,
First comes judgement then comes blessing. Just saying....your turn is coming.

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
So sorry to hear all of this.

I'll be praying that the Lord provides you with another vehicle.

Would I be out of line if I asked what type of injuries you sustained?

I'm not asking to be nosey.

Instead, I'll be praying for your healing as well, and I just like to pray as specifically as possible.

If you're not comfortable sharing that information, then I certainly understand.

Either way, you'll be in my prayers.
I had injuries to my right torso with lots of bruising. They're all better now. :)

Now I get it...
It's a bummer day. No freedom, no car, and now unemployed.

But Jesus loves you...He has a reason why you are in the current position...it doesn't feel pleasant.

Remember the OLD (like me) hymn....
When sorrows like sea billows roll,
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
it is well
it is well with my soul.

Now there are plenty of jobs out there. You might not like them all...but they do provide an income. (Keeping the bills at bay)

But the situation is usually ,
First comes judgement then comes blessing. Just saying....your turn is coming.
Thank you so much <3