FIRST FRUITS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Where are the tribes of Israel?

Mar 21, 2012
G'day Trax,

Well, you better think again, because it is literal Jews in Israel. Just read the book of Rev and pay attention for once and you will see, it is clearly Israel.
What do you mean "for once"? I just got here....and I'm copping tomatoes already!

I have studied Revelation extensively and the tribes of Israel are a little different to the original.
Taking the book of Revelation in context with the rest of scripture I see a very different picture to you my friend.

The gentile church was a mystery,, yet
the gentiles have become puffed up in pride and want to claim the promises. You get the
promises, NOT from stealing them, as most do preach, but because you were ADOPTED
into the nation.
Yes indeed, adoption is essential in order to belong to 'spiritual' Israel. But you seem to miss the point...literal Israel did not need adopting...they were already a dedicated nation by birth. They could have made up the full number of kings and priests to rule with their Messiah in heaven, but they rejected and executed the one sent to save them. Jesus said they were abandoned. I believe him.

Who did God promise to return to that land? The gentile church or the nation of Israel?
There was no differentiation between Jewish and gentile Christians. They were viewed by God as one body....one church. This is spiritual Israel, made up of the "chosen ones" who were both Jews and gentiles. What is this "gentile church" you keep mentioning?

And who WAS brought back and set up as a nation there again? It was the JEWS. If God fullfilled the promise He made to "literal Israel" DURING the time of the gentile church age, He'll fullfill ALL His promises to them.
And when He says 144,000 Jews, He "MEANS" 144,000 jews.
You know that the restoration prophesies in Isaiah were pictorial? Do you know who Israel represented and what their "land" represented? (Psalm 37:10,11, 29) There is a big picture...one so much larger than the one you are presenting.

The whole earth belongs to God...why would one piece of dirt in one location on this planet mean more to him than the rest?

One thing Christians need to get into their heads. The promises were made to "that family"over there.
And that family blew it. Why did God choose that family in the first place? Was it because they were better than every other family on earth? I hardly think so. God kept his promise to Israel until he produced the seed who would come in their line. Even when Messiah came, the offer was still there, yet the groundswell of popular opinion moved in the opposite direction. When they rejected Christ and had him put to death, God had fulfilled all obligation to Israel and cast them off as a nation. Look at them today, 2,000 years later....they are just one of the blood spilling nations, like all the rest.

Before a person, OUTSIDE the family, can come under the promises, that person
will have to be adopted into that family.
That is correct. And it is God who does the adopting by holy spirit. Both Jews and gentiles were adopted.

Paul said at 1 Cor 12:12, 13, “For just as the body is one thing but has many members, and all the members of that body, although being many, are one body, so also is the Christ. For truly by one spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink one spirit. . . . God compounded the body, giving honor more abundant to the part which had a lack, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its members should have the same care for one another.”

"One Lord, one faith, one baptism"
. Simple. There is no distinction from God's perspective.

Jesus, the God Man, was fully human. A Jew.
Those are His people. God never gave up on them and He never will.
Trax, Jesus was the son of God, born and raised in a Jewish family. He gave first option to his own people to fulfill the commission to become a nation of priests and rule with him from heaven. They rejected the invitation and cursed themselves with Jesus' blood.

"...Pilate took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying: “I am innocent of the blood of this [man]. You yourselves must see to it.” At that all the people said in answer: “His blood come upon us and upon our children"(Matt 27:24, 25)

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Salvation is of the Jews. Weigh in on that comment by Jesus. Salvation is of the Jews.
It doesn't say, "Salvation is of the gentiles." A saved person is under the banner of the King
of the Jews, and that is Jesus.
Salvation did indeed originate with the Jews but it didn't end with them. True to his covenant with Abraham, ALL nations were going to reap the blessings of the promised seed. (Gen 18:18)

I understand what you believe but I totally disagree with it.

Let's just agree to disagree, shall we?

May 18, 2011
Shalom Molly, I want to say that I have always loved and enjoyed your posts. I just wanted to respond to a couple things you stated to Trax if I may...

I have studied Revelation extensively and the tribes of Israel are a little different to the original.
Taking the book of Revelation in context with the rest of scripture I see a very different picture to you my friend.
One of the main reasons that the tribes are a little different in Rev. compared to Torah is because the tribe of Dan sinned against YHVH by mixing their tribe with gentile nations which corrupted the full blood of the tribe of Dan. Mixing of seed as it were. But the tribes of Israel in Rev. is definitely physical Israel.

Yes indeed, adoption is essential in order to belong to 'spiritual' Israel. But you seem to miss the point...literal Israel did not need adopting...they were already a dedicated nation by birth. They could have made up the full number of kings and priests to rule with their Messiah in heaven, but they rejected and executed the one sent to save them. Jesus said they were abandoned. I believe him.
Correct me if I misunderstand this. But Yeshua never said Israel was abandoned.

The whole earth belongs to God...why would one piece of dirt in one location on this planet mean more to him than the rest?
Because YHVH says multiple times in the Tanak (OT) that He put His name in Jerusalem. It all started with Israel, it will all finish with Israel, as scripture gives clear indication of.

And that family blew it. Why did God choose that family in the first place? Was it because they were better than every other family on earth? I hardly think so. God kept his promise to Israel until he produced the seed who would come in their line. Even when Messiah came, the offer was still there, yet the groundswell of popular opinion moved in the opposite direction.Not only is this paragraph just plain wrong, but is unbiblical.

When they rejected Christ and had him put to death, God had fulfilled all obligation to Israel and cast them off as a nation.Also unbiblical and completely false.
Look at them today, 2,000 years later....they are just one of the blood spilling nations, like all the rest.
Blood spilling nation? Are you kidding me? You have obviously never been to my country. Because Israel has done everything to avoid these things. They are not a innocent nation as no nation is. But they are not a nation that spills blood unless they are forced to in defense.

That is correct. And it is God who does the adopting by holy spirit. Both Jews and gentiles were adopted.
Jews were NEVER adopted, please read Romans 11.

"One Lord, one faith, one baptism
A big heartfelt AMEN.

Salvation did indeed originate with the Jews but it didn't end with them. True to his covenant with Abraham, ALL nations were going to reap the blessings of the promised seed. (Gen 18:18)
Salvation IS of the Jews, but you are also correct here.

Shalom.

Mar 21, 2012
Shalom Molly, I want to say that I have always loved and enjoyed your posts. I just wanted to respond to a couple things you stated to Trax if I may...
Greetings and peace to you also Avinu and thank you.

One of the main reasons that the tribes are a little different in Rev. compared to Torah is because the tribe of Dan sinned against YHVH by mixing their tribe with gentile nations which corrupted the full blood of the tribe of Dan. Mixing of seed as it were. But the tribes of Israel in Rev. is definitely physical Israel.

It is my understanding that when the Jewish nation rejected and executed their Messiah, Yahweh did something extraordinary....“Symeon [Peter] has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, ‘After these things I shall return and rebuild the booth of David . . . in order that those who remain of the men may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things.’” (Acts 15:12-17)

This changed the definition of what a 'Jew' was to Yahweh. Paul said, “For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God.”
This kept the Abrahamic covenant valid.

The "Israel of God" (Gal 6:16) was made up of Jews and gentiles.... spiritual Israel were now God's people. Blessing 'Israel' was always God's intention. But what constituted "Israel" now changed. Yahweh was living up to the meaning of his name. He can contend with any obstacle placed in his path and still remain true to his purpose.

Correct me if I misunderstand this. But Yeshua never said Israel was abandoned.
Messiah, Jesus, said to his people: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you.” (Matthew 23:37, 38)

What does "abandoned" mean to you?

The fleshly nation who rejected Christ was abandoned and replaced with a spiritual nation. That is my understanding. The religious leaders of the Jews successfully swayed the people to have 'the impostor' put to death. They cursed themselves with Jesus blood as the scripture says. (Matt 27:24, 25)

That is what I believe.

Because YHVH says multiple times in the Tanak (OT) that He put His name in Jerusalem. It all started with Israel, it will all finish with Israel, as scripture gives clear indication of.
It is also my understanding that 'spiritual Israel' is the nation with which God will finish his task. They will be the nation of priests and kings who will rule with Messiah in heaven.
Individual members of fleshly Israel are still coming into Christ's family, as God said they would, but once his promise in connection with the Christ was fulfilled, there was no longer any need to keep propping up a wayward and disobedient people. God never broke his covenant with them but they broke their covenant with him many times. They left their Father with no choice.

Blood spilling nation? Are you kidding me? You have obviously never been to my country. Because Israel has done everything to avoid these things. They are not a innocent nation as no nation is. But they are not a nation that spills blood unless they are forced to in defense.
It was not my intention to offend, I was speaking about Israel in general (perhaps more political) terms because they are a political nation in the eyes of the world, rather than a spiritual one.

And that was the point actually. That they are just like all the rest of the nations. God abandoned them to the world...to conduct themselves as the rest of the world does. There is no sanction for war for God's people today. We are peaceful followers of Jesus Christ. We are to love our enemies. Only true Christians can do that. They are not fired up by patriotic or nationalistic sentiments. We are NO PART of that world. (John 15:17-20)

I understand that you would be defensive of your homeland and your government, most people are, but there is not one nation on earth that has truly 'free' press. The media are controlled and people are fed propaganda in every nation. (my own included) If people knew the real truth about the corruption in governments around the world, and the real agenda behind what they are doing, they would be appalled.

The rule of the eighth king of Revelation is about to begin. (Rev 17:9-11) It will not be what most people imagine.

Jews were NEVER adopted, please read Romans 11.
Yes, I know. They were born into a dedicated nation. There was only two ways to become God's sons...by birth or by adoption. The Jews were born into that family...but to become Christians, they had to be baptized in the name of the Father, son and holy spirit. They had to accept Messiah.
The Jewish believers had to be baptized the same as the gentiles did in order to become Christians. This is what united them as one body.

Shalom.[/quote]

And to you also.

Last edited:
May 18, 2011
Molly, bless you, thank you for not getting offended from my comments, that shows real spiritual maturity which is rare, especially in on CC.

It is my understanding that when the Jewish nation rejected and executed their Messiah, Yahweh did something extraordinary....“Symeon [Peter] has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, ‘After these things I shall return and rebuild the booth of David . . . in order that those who remain of the men may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things.’” (Acts 15:12-17)No arguement here.

This changed the definition of what a 'Jew' was to Yahweh. Paul said, “For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision that which is on the outside upon the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God.”
This kept the Abrahamic covenant valid.I agree with this, but what it's also talking about was of the Pharisees and their attire, that it's not how we look that makes us a jew but what is in the heart. But we have to also see that YHVH promised to restore physical Israel in the end days. See Isaiah 2:2-4, Ez. 36:16-38, Ez. 37, Jer. 31:31-40 and much more.

The "Israel of God" (Gal 6:16) was made up of Jews and gentiles.... spiritual Israel were now God's people. Blessing 'Israel' was always God's intention. But what constituted "Israel" now changed. Yahweh was living up to the meaning of his name. He can contend with any obstacle placed in his path and still remain true to his purpose.
Agreed, but as Romans 11 talks about that the gentiles are grafted in to the natural branch, where the natural will be regrafted back in.

Messiah, Jesus, said to his people: “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her,—how often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks together under her wings! But you people did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you.” (Matthew 23:37, 38)

What does "abandoned" mean to you?

The fleshly nation who rejected Christ was abandoned and replaced with a spiritual nation. That is my understanding. The religious leaders of the Jews successfully swayed the people to have 'the impostor' put to death. They cursed themselves with Jesus blood as the scripture says. (Matt 27:24, 25)

That is what I believe.
I understand what you're saying here, but this is about YHVH kicking Israel out of Israel for their spiritual adultery, but through Yeshua and because of YHVH name sake, as Ez. 36 & 37 show, He will restore them in the end days.

It is also my understanding that 'spiritual Israel' is the nation with which God will finish his task. They will be the nation of priests and kings who will rule with Messiah in heaven.
Individual members of fleshly Israel are still coming into Christ's family, as God said they would, but once his promise in connection with the Christ was fulfilled, there was no longer any need to keep propping up a wayward and disobedient people. God never broke his covenant with them but they broke their covenant with him many times. They left their Father with no choice.
I agree, those now who have Yeshua, whether they be jew or gentile will rule and reign with Yeshua. But there will also be priests of Levi,(no high priest, for Yeshua is that) that will serve in the temple. Ez. 45 & 46 teach on this.

It was not my intention to offend, I was speaking about Israel in general (perhaps more political) terms because they are a political nation in the eyes of the world, rather than a spiritual one.Agreed

And that was the point actually. That they are just like all the rest of the nations. God abandoned them to the world...to conduct themselves as the rest of the world does. There is no sanction for war for God's people today. We are peaceful followers of Jesus Christ. We are to love our enemies. Only true Christians can do that. They are not fired up by patriotic or nationalistic sentiments. We are NO PART of that world. (John 15:17-20)I understand here, but also if you look at every war that Israel has had since her rebirth in '48' she has been out numbered 5 to 1 and keeps miraculously winning.

I understand that you would be defensive of your homeland and your government, most people are, but there is not one nation on earth that has truly 'free' press. The media are controlled and people are fed propaganda in every nation. (my own included) If people knew the real truth about the corruption in governments around the world, and the real agenda behind what they are doing, they would be appalled.
I do defend Israel, but I agree with you here as well.
The rule of the eighth king of Revelation is about to begin. (Rev 17:9-11) It will not be what most people imagine.
You are absolutely right here too. Most are stuck on Rome.

Yes, I know. They were born into a dedicated nation. There was only two ways to become God's sons...by birth or by adoption. The Jews were born into that family...but to become Christians, they had to be baptized in the name of the Father, son and holy spirit. They had to accept Messiah.
The Jewish believers had to be baptized the same as the gentiles did in order to become Christians. This is what united them as one body.
AMEN to this, without Yeshua, jew or gentile are doomed.

Shalom & blessings. :)

Mar 21, 2012
Molly, bless you, thank you for not getting offended from my comments, that shows real spiritual maturity which is rare, especially in on CC.
Thank you for your kind words. I have been on a few forums and it always disappoints me when people get hot under the collar when anyone disagrees with them. Each must decide for themselves what is truth. No one can come to the son without an 'invitation' from the Father. (John 6:44) so I guess God chooses us rather than the other way around.

It is a requirement of all Christians to be at peace with others as far as possible. Just because people disagree on some things, does not need to make them enemies. It makes for an interesting interchange of ideas, don't you think?

I find it interesting to consider all points of view to compare with my own understanding. I learn a lot about the way people worship. It gives me insight into what others accept as truth and why.

Agreed, but as Romans 11 talks about that the gentiles are grafted in to the natural branch, where the natural will be regrafted back in.
“However, if some of the branches were broken off but you, although being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became a partaker of the olive’s root of fatness, do not be exulting over the branches.” (Rom. 11:17, 18)

Just for the benefit of readers......

Wild olive trees growing on hillsides were often subjected to grafting with cuttings from the cultivated productive trees so that they would produce good fruit. It was quite contrary to the regular procedure, therefore, for wild stock to be grafted into a cultivated tree, inasmuch as the wild stock would continue to bear its own fruit.
This act, “contrary to nature,” emphasizes God’s undeserved kindness toward Gentile believers, stresses the benefits resulting to them as branches of “a wild olive” in receiving of the “fatness” of the garden olive’s roots, and thus removes any basis for boasting on the part of these Gentile Christians. (Matt 3:10; John 15:1-10)

Ancient Palestinian fruitgrowers were interested in productive trees not only because of the income they brought him but also because fruit trees were taxed. He could not afford to have unfruitful trees taking up valuable space or have a tree filled with unproductive branches. He quickly cut off those that were dead.

This commonly known fact was used by John the Baptist in his illustration. He was demonstrating to natural Israel the foolishness of trusting in their fleshly relationship with Abraham as grounds for expecting God’s favor and blessing. He said: “So then produce fruit that befits repentance; and do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘As a father we have Abraham.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. Already the ax is lying at the root of the trees; every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire.(Matt. 3:8-10) John warned the nation of the day of vengeance that came A.D. 70. It was a national judgment on Israel. Only a remnant of fleshly Jews bore good fruit like productive trees and received a favorable judgment from God. (Rom. 10:19-21; 9:25, 26)

The cutting off of natural Israel from the spiritual olive tree proved to be a blessing for the Gentiles. It permitted believing ones among them to become joint heirs with the Seed of Abraham, Christ Jesus. This was a joining together of two peoples that had long been separated by the law covenant as if by a wall. The Law had kept them far apart. This wall of separation was broken down when Christ fulfilled the Law. Through him God abolished it and made the uniting of Jews and Gentiles possible. This is pointed out in Paul’s letter to the Ephesians (2:13-18)

As far as the grafting back in is concerned, in Rom 11:23, 24 Paul goes on to say, "They also, if they do not remain in their lack of faith, will be grafted in; for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut out of the olive tree that is wild by nature and were grafted contrary to nature into the garden olive tree, how much rather will these who are natural be grafted into their own olive tree"

Their grafting back in is completely dependent upon faith in Jesus Christ.
It is an interesting subject. Thank you for the discussion and your polite manner...it is much appreciated.

AMEN to this, without Yeshua, jew or gentile are doomed.

Shalom & blessings. :)
Praise to Yahweh for his loving kindness in sending his son to die for us.

Blessings and peace to you and yours Avinu.

Jul 12, 2012
They are spiritually considered Israel, but they are also directly descended, and they are out of every country and ethnic group.
Of course there's no family tree to trace, so their works will identify them. 1/3+ of mankind are descended from Israel, but not all are first fruits.
Additionally, I believe they are all also descended somehow from Benjamin, who is the interim son while Joseph is away "preparing a place" before being reunited with and saving Israel (and keeping the rest of the known world alive too!) It's the same story over and over, even in Revelation.

The Israel on TV (and all the other places and people) are simply the physical mirror of what is also happening spiritually. But it's not the real Israel, and modern "jews" are not necessarily Israelites.
Bound on earth, bound in heaven.

They come soon with miracles and explanations.

Luke 24:47-53

A

Ariel82

you do realize that two of the last people who posted... April 6 of this year... over 3 months ago... have been since banned and will not be able to respond right?

Jul 12, 2012
Well I'm assuming they or others could still read it right?
I didn't bash anyone or solicit further discussion I think.
I suppose the thread could be closed if appropriate.