Thanks so much for the detailed response. I've heard of the young earth "theory" and had not believed it was well regarded by the majority, but I will definitely watch the documentary and report back my thoughts. I'll also check out your link on Theistic Evolution.Hello Perpetual Seeker, first off, since I see that you are a new member, welcome to CChat
Here are a couple of resources for you to consider, for starters anyway (the following sites and the main documentary/movie from the Is Genesis History? site give evidence for a Young Earth Creation, just FYI).
3. https://tubitv.com/movies/683766/is-genesis-history ~or~ on YouTube (both are free)
It may be helpful for you to understand who the cast is for the documentary, so here they are:
Of course, there is also Theistic Evolution for you to consider too, which attempts to show how the two sides (Evolution and what the Bible has to say about the Creation) can be harmonized.
- Kevin Anderson, PhD – Microbiologist
- Steve Austin, PhD – Geologist
- Steven Boyd, PhD – Hebraist
- Robert Carter, PhD – Marine Biologist
- Arthur Chadwick, PhD – Taphonomist
- Danny Faulkner, PhD – Astronomer
- George Grant, PhD – Pastor
- Paul Nelson, PhD – Philosopher of Science
- Douglas Petrovich, PhD – Archeologist
- Marcus Ross, PhD – Paleontologist
- Andrew Snelling, PhD – Geologist
- Kurt Wise, PhD – Paleontologist
- Todd Wood, PhD – Biologist
- Stuart Burgess, PhD – Mechanical Engineer (Bonus Features)
- Douglas Kelly, PhD – Theologian (Bonus Features)
- Larry Vardiman, PhD – Atmospheric Physicist (Bonus Features)
I don't believe that what He said (in the Sermon on the Mount .. Matthew 5-7) has anything to do with Creation/Evolution, but here it is anyway.
Matthew 517 Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.
This is a bit of a different topic, and since this post is already a long one, I'll stop here for now (and talk about the point above in my next post (Dv).
May the Lord bless you in your seeking to find Him and know Him!!
~Deuteronomy
p.s. - one last thing, since you told us that you've been a lifelong Christian seeker, what is it about Christianity that makes you want to become a Christian(if you don't mind me asking)
Also thanks for the clarification on the statement I somewhat inaccurately attributed to Christ, you're right it does not appear to address/include anything related to creation/evolution. Do I still have to believe everything in the Old Testament to be a good Christian?
Regarding your last question, I have always noted that on the whole Christians are
I didn't plan on bringing this up in this response, but now I'd like to go ahead and get it out there because I feel it's related to the current discussion: I've been told at times in the past I should (for lack of a better term) "prostrate" myself" before God and basically have a highly emotional (crying, etc.). This brings up another of my concerns, we humans with our capacity for emotion and imagination can easily conjure up all manner of imaginary effects. If I have to access Christ through an emotional experience who knows if it is real or something I created myself? I'm going to label this my question #3.
Again thanks for your response. Anyone please feel free to address my response here.