Five Foolish Virgins VS Five Wise Virgins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
It is around ch 7 or so.
The innumerable number.
WASED THEIR DIRTY ROBES.

Take a look

Jul 23, 2018
its not the Church . Its virgins ( s) . The Church is presented as a chaste virgin ,( singular) it applies to Israel and the tribulation.
Israel is considered a harlot. And called one by Jesus.
She , Israel, is the wayward wife.

Jul 23, 2018
Have you tried looking in a mirror?

There are those who are without oil who desire it being told to go buy from them that sell (what it is they need). Proverbs 23:23 says, Buy the truth, and sell it not; Elsewhere in scripture it shows Judas (who was counted among the apostles) the son of perdition took a price (of money) for Jesus Christ (The Truth) selling out/betraying the Truth (reward of iniquity there). As it shows the offer to buy the Holy Spirit/of Tuth (or the oil in part of the parable) which Simon (also believer) who offers money to purchase the same (but from those who did not sell) who likewise was told he was in the bond of inquity. In every place where we see them call him "Lord Lord" (just as the foolish virgins did) they are believers (to whatever extent) but Jesus tells them he knows them not. Additionally elsewhere he tells those who name his name "I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" (even as we are warned as believers that they who name his name depart from inquity in 2 Ti 2:19) unless we should hear "I never knew you: depart from me ye that work iniquity" Where there are examples (no matter how small or large) that follow in the same common theme between them.

It should be encouraged to investgate those things when you take to heart what Jesus said, "Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given."

Maybe those future 5 foolish virgins also thought that simon thingy was too simple for them to look to deeply into?

You weren't really connecting anything because you don't show what you are respond to or what you are springboarding off of in the post you are actually responding to. Your response is often one line choppy bit sentences which rarely if ever include a verse of scripture. Unless this is by design?

Which is why I stated,

"The word "buy" is a verb, and "money" is a neuter noun just as "sell" is a verb and "merchant" is a masculine noun"

Regardless, changes nothing, the same words in the same verses I have already provided in my previous post are the same shown in parable of the virgins and are the same in Revelation.

Then when you said to me (for whatever reason you did)

And so I basically invited you to feel free to enlighten me to God's reason, and your response to that is now

Are you serious?
"""Are you serious?"""

Yes i do not believe only 10 christians will go in the rapture.

I do believe we are shown roughly 50 % of christians who are low in "oil" ( carnal, nominal, lose walking believers caught up in the world) will be judged not worthy as the parable indicates.

Your strict reframing of every thing i am unpacking is a bit wreckless.
You are trying to force fit things that are flawed while rejecting no brainers.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Israel is considered a harlot. And called one by Jesus.
She , Israel, is the wayward wife.
¶For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28¶As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Are you washed in the blood?

Take your shots at Jesus.
He invented what you mock as a laundromat
The shots are taken at you interpretation of scripture in error

You continue to teach of Pre-Trib rapture not found in the scripture, in open error for all to see

4ChristAlone

"""Are you serious?"""

Yes i do not believe only 10 christians will go in the rapture.

I do believe we are shown roughly 50 % of christians who are low in "oil" ( carnal, nominal, lose walking believers caught up in the world) will be judged not worthy as the parable indicates.

Your strict reframing of every thing i am unpacking is a bit wreckless.
You are trying to force fit things that are flawed while rejecting no brainers.
Not sure why you commented on my same post last week in post #134 only to return to it once again today. And then answer here as if I said anything about the number of Christians going anywhere.

You said in your previous post,
You seem pretty perturbed.
I was not perturbed at all, I thought that could be you. Comparing things is not forcing them, I gave no more then comparisons for someone to do what they would like with.

There is no reason for me to continue on in the conversation I have other posts on other forums to tend to and I don't want to get caught up with the back and forths, so please have all the last words you would like.

Jul 23, 2018
Not sure why you commented on my same post last week in post #134 only to return to it once again today. And then answer here as if I said anything about the number of Christians going anywhere.

You said in your previous post,

I was not perturbed at all, I thought that could be you. Comparing things is not forcing them, I gave no more then comparisons for someone to do what they would like with.

There is no reason for me to continue on in the conversation I have other posts on other forums to tend to and I don't want to get caught up with the back and forths, so please have all the last words you would like.
ok
it seemed you were a little disgruntled.
glad all is well friend.

Jul 23, 2018
oil
They did not qualify to go in the procession with a burning lamp. It is a Jewish wedding custom. They had to be ready to join right in with a burning lamp. The Groom comes with his followers and they have to join right in, no time to go get more oil and come back the procession is already moving and they have to step into a moving parade, it will not stop for them and wait for them, So what's the lesson from a custom familiar to the hearers who heard this parable SPOKEN not written? There was an immediate "ah Ha, I get it" What do you think it was? The oil being the Holy Spirit? I doubt that. The main "ah Ha" Would naturally be, "you better do what you need to do to be ready when the Lord comes" And of course that lesson gets repeated in other parables. And taught doctrinally in the New Testament epistles. \

Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

So that was the lesson Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. But the parable drove it home and called for a response. What will you now do to make sure that you are watching?

If you say, I will get extra oil and then you decide that the oil is the Holy Spirit, how exactly would you get extra oil? If you say I will pray always, this will supply the grace of the Holy Spirit in my life, then you are on the right track but you could teach something unsound if you try to teach that your prayer gives you more Holy Spirit than your brother who does not pray as many hours as you do. So a definition of how to have extra oil is going to produce all sorts of interpretations and none of them are necessary because what the oil represents is not critical to the lesson. Watching is.
Oil is representative of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is transferrable...like the oil. The foolish requested the transfer.

Full of the Holy Spirit.
Not half a tank or empty

Extra vessels means they could always have enough. More than enough.

In acts they were commanded to get more power. More Holy Spirit.

S

Scribe

oil

The Holy Spirit is transferrable...like the oil. The foolish requested the transfer.

Full of the Holy Spirit.
Not half a tank or empty

If so then what should they have done to make sure they did not "run out" of the Holy Spirit? What does having brought an extra container of oil translate into? What does that mean? Praying always?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
The 5 foolish virgins were "unsaved" (I Know You Not), it's that simple

Matthew 25:11-12KJV
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
oil

Full of the Holy Spirit.
Not half a tank or empty

The 5 foolish virgins were never saved and (Sealed) by the Holy Spirit, this is a (Seal) unto the day (Redemption)

Ephesians 1:13KJV
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

B

Blackpowderduelist

In a parable not everything is a one to one meaning with something else. Its the idea of the story.
Jesus is simply saying that He will return and we will not know when.
The five were waiting for his return the others were off buying oil.
The oil itself is not a necessity to the story, so that we have to figure out what the oil represents. In fact he never said having the oil was even a necessity to getting in. The only necessity to getting in was being there when He returned. They went to buy oil why? Why not just stand there near the ones who had oil, and follow them in.
The point of the story is that five had planned ahead and had no concerns about how long the wait was. The others weren't prepared and ran off the so they weren't there when He returned.

S

Scribe

In a parable not everything is a one to one meaning with something else. Its the idea of the story.
The oil itself is not a necessity to the story, so that we have to figure out what the oil represents. In fact he never said having the oil was even a necessity to getting in. The only necessity to getting in was being there when He returned. They went to buy oil why? Why not just stand there near the ones who had oil, and follow them in.
The point of the story is that five had planned ahead and had no concerns about how long the wait was. The others weren't prepared and ran off the so they weren't there when He returned.
Some insist that everything is an allegory.

People like Augustine unashamedly interpreted parables as allegories and taught wild and wooly interpretations that most laugh at today. (see Augustine's interpretation of the Good Samaritan)

Once someone gets it in their head that God wants to teach them secret things by turning parables into allegories you might as well try to counsel them not to marry that trailer park trash they are considering. They have to learn it the hard way.

Some never do and end up teaching parables as allegories from the pulpit while well read parishioners squirm uncomfortably in their seats and endure a half hour of nonsense because their pastor does not know the difference between a parable and an allegory.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Same conclusion in a parallel teaching, (I Never Knew You) (I Know You Not)

Matthew 7:21-23KJV
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Some insist that everything is an allegory.

People like Augustine unashamedly interpreted parables as allegories and taught wild and wooly interpretations that most laugh at today. (see Augustine's interpretation of the Good Samaritan)

Once someone gets it in their head that God wants to teach them secret things by turning parables into allegories you might as well try to counsel them not to marry that trailer park trash they are considering. They have to learn it the hard way.

Some never do and end up teaching parables as allegories from the pulpit while well read parishioners squirm uncomfortably in their seats and endure a half hour of nonsense because their pastor does not know the difference between a parable and an allegory.
I don't sit through mess like that. I get up and walk out. I can talk to the pastor later. Unless it is straight heresy then I say just say something during service out loud.

Jul 23, 2018
It is the opposite

your conjecture has it meaningless.

the wise said to the foolish "no lest we not have enough for ourselves".
the oil was in fact the critical difference to making it in with the groom.

No oil...no go with Jesus.
in fact those rejected face the tribulation.