Five Foolish Virgins VS Five Wise Virgins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That is ridiculous.

2Co_11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

The virgins in the parable are the Church/Bride who Christ/Bridegroom is coming for.

One of the most fundamental aspects of Christianity is that Christ is coming for his Bride which is the Church. That is clearly and obviously the same meaning of the parable. Christ listed 7 different examples or parables about his return and the parable of the ten virgins is one of them. Christians are not simply guests of the marriage to Christ. THEY ARE THE BRIDE!
so in your opinion Jesus is the kind of guy who would call off a wedding to His beloved betrothed bride because she was at the store buying something for Him, when He came by her house unannounced looking for her?

He laid down His life for her, but if she doesn't text back within 20 seconds at midnight, bye bye bye??

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
so in your opinion Jesus is the kind of guy who would call off a wedding to His beloved betrothed bride because she was at the store buying something for Him, when He came by her house unannounced looking for her?
That's exactly what happens in the parable. Foolish Christians that Apostatize will be rejected. One will be taken and one will not, or in this case 5 will be taken and 5 will not. I suggest reading Matthew 24-25 to see more about these same two groups where one is accepted and one is rejected. He repeats the same basic lesson in 7 different ways.

He laid down His life for her, but if she doesn't text back within 20 seconds at midnight, bye bye bye??
Her sin is egregious not simply a late text back. Please don't mock the seriousness of this. This is about Apostasy. These 5 fools went from being virgins engaged to the King of kings to not even being known by him, a great insult and well deserved.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That's exactly what happens in the parable. Foolish Christians that Apostatize will be rejected. One will be taken and one will not, or in this case 5 will be taken and 5 will not. I suggest reading Matthew 24-25 to see more about these same two groups where one is accepted and one is rejected. He repeats the same basic lesson in 7 different ways.

Her sin is egregious not simply a late text back. Please don't mock the seriousness of this. This is about Apostasy. These 5 fools went from being virgins engaged to the King of kings to not even being known by him, a great insult and well deserved.
crazy how you can forget you ever knew someone who just an hour ago you were going to marry and be with forever
is that consistent with the character of God?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
crazy how you can forget you ever knew someone who just an hour ago you were going to marry and be with forever
is that consistent with the character of God?

Do you reject the parable? Are you questioning God's decision? It's clear that he says, "I know you not".

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
what we know happens in the parable is that someone waiting for the Groom to appear was a fool and had no oil - they went out to buy it, were shut out, and God does not know them.

what i don't think i agree with you about is whether that fool was the blood-bought & sanctified Bride of Christ which God will lose none of, will never forsake, is faithful to complete the work He began in, and whom no one can snatch from His hand.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i do like your avatar tho, that's Marcel Duchamp, right?
i thought Picasso at first then i remembered it

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
what we know happens in the parable is that someone waiting for the Groom to appear was a fool and had no oil - they went out to buy it, were shut out, and God does not know them.

what i don't think i agree with you about is whether that fool was the blood-bought & sanctified Bride of Christ which Christ will lose none of, will never forsake, and whom no one can snatch from His hand.

The only women in that room were a "blood-bought & sanctified Bride of Christ". They wouldn't have been there if they were not. Today we have the same situation with people believing upon Christ and are "blood-bought & sanctified Bride of Christ" but a false God is coming and he will cause many to commit Apostasy. That's how a bride gets kept out of her own wedding.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
no, friend. not always.

You will rejoice no more,
O you oppressed virgin daughter of Sidon.
Arise, cross over to Cyprus;
There also you will have no rest!
(Isaiah 23:12)
Come down and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon;
Sit on the ground without a throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans!
For you shall no more be called Tender and delicate.
(Isaiah 47:1)
here are two witnesses of judgement against wicked virgins.
a virgin has the appearance of righteousness, but true righteousness is a matter of the heart, not of works. righteousness can be '
faked' -- the whitewashing of a tomb. it is able to deceive people, but not God, Who alone searches the heart.
let me just bump this post because i think we have people who missed it.

"virgin" in scripture does not necessarily indicate saved

here are two witnesses from Isaiah where some of the damned are called "virgins"

it is bad exegesis to assume that because the people in Matthew 25:1-13 are called virgins, that they are believers.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018

here are two witnesses from Isaiah where some of the damned are called "virgins"

it is bad exegesis to assume that because the people in Matthew 25:1-13 are called virgins, that they are believers.

The damned aren't invited to the wedding let alone sleep in the same room as the brides. The foolish became the damned.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The only women in that room were a "blood-bought & sanctified Bride of Christ". They wouldn't have been there if they were not.
how do we know that?
was Judas not among the 12?

Today we have the same situation with people believing upon Christ and are "blood-bought & sanctified Bride of Christ" but a false God is coming and he will cause many to commit Apostasy. That's how a bride gets kept out of her own wedding.

people bowing to a false god & committing apostasy are not children of God, but imposters -- sheep among the wolves, goats & tares mixed with the sheep & wheat. "not all Israel is Israel" and not all the visible church is the actual church

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The damned aren't invited to the wedding let alone sleep in the same room as the brides. The foolish became the damned.
the damned were the first to be invited to the wedding, and they all made excuses and refused the invitation. this is exactly how it came about that the poor and the lame and the beggars were compelled to be brought in.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018

That verse is also talking about a deflowered virgin so not a virgin any longer.

Barnes:

O thou oppressed Virgin - Lowth renders this, ‘O thou deflowered virgin,’ expressing the sense of the word המעשׁקה hame‛ushâqâh.

Gill:

O thou oppressed virgin! Tyre is called a "virgin", because of her beauty, pride, and lasciviousness, and because never before subdued and taken: and "oppressed", because now deflowered, ransacked, plundered, and ruined, by Nebuchadnezzar:

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
the damned were the first to be invited to the wedding, and they all made excuses and refused the invitation.

lol, no. The damned aren't invited nor engaged to God. That is a foolish thing to believe.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That just proves my point. He went from loyal disciple to a traitor which is a form of Apostasy.
you think Judas was saved and lost his salvation??

have you never heard of John 17

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
lol, no. The damned aren't invited nor engaged to God. That is a foolish thing to believe.
they are damned for the very reason that they were invited and rejected the invitation.
"
this is the condemnation - light came into the world and men loved darkness rather than light"

the parable of the wedding feast is explicit that the damned, in allegory unbelieving Israel, were invited first and that they are condemned for their rejection.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That verse is also talking about a deflowered virgin so not a virgin any longer.

Barnes:

O thou oppressed Virgin - Lowth renders this, ‘O thou deflowered virgin,’ expressing the sense of the word המעשׁקה hame‛ushâqâh.

Gill:

O thou oppressed virgin! Tyre is called a "virgin", because of her beauty, pride, and lasciviousness, and because never before subdued and taken: and "oppressed", because now deflowered, ransacked, plundered, and ruined, by Nebuchadnezzar:
OK you keep trying to fight the scripture while we go on studying it lol

God calls them virgin while He is pronouncing judgement on them. you'll have to deal with that. what do you think, going out to buy oil = adultery? hey maybe you're right. tbh i'll buy that. trying to trade money for the Spirit or for salvation is blasphemous idolatry. but in that case they never belonged to Him. God isn't fooled. He knows from before time exists who He redeems and who He does not.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
you think Judas was saved and lost his salvation??

have you never heard of John 17
The example of Judas is not an exact comparison to the foolish virgins but there is a similarity. He went from a trusted disciple to a traitor. The foolish will do similar and go from brides to unknown people not allowed into the marriage.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
OK you keep trying to fight the scripture while we go on studying it lol

You are the one fighting what the verse says. You didn't even bother to study what the Hebrew says in the verse. It's a deflowered, former virgin being discussed. Again, someone going from good or innocent to something opposite. That's what we are seeing in common with that female, Judas and the five foolish women.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The example of Judas is not an exact comparison to the foolish virgins but there is a similarity. He went from a trusted disciple to a traitor. The foolish will do similar and go from brides to unknown people not allowed into the marriage.
Jesus knew from before the creation of the universe who Judas is, what is in his heart, and what he will do. Jesus is not 'fooled' and Jesus does not make a mistake. He chose Judas to fulfill prophecy.

Judas was never a believer. Judas was never trusted by Christ, even while Judas was the most powerful apostle, leader of all of them.
he fools men but not God. and that is exactly why Jesus honors Judas with the first piece of bread at every meal. He loves His enemies.