Five Foolish Virgins VS Five Wise Virgins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The marriage in heaven is not consummated as one would be on earth.
Of course not...

Hypocrites are not welcome.

No wedding garment.

The innumerable number washed their robes in the blood.
Yes :) The point of this parable, as with the parable of the ten virgins, is that
something essential is required, and that something is the same whether
represented by oil or proper garments, the proper garment in the parable
I gave being wearing the robes of Christ's righteousness as opposed to our own.

Jul 23, 2018
It says shut out, it says foolish, and it says the Groom denies them.

None of those are consistent with descriptions of saved people; all of those are consistent with lost people.

The only things we have to go on to call them saved is that they are called virgins and that they were in the household of the Bride. But we've shown that neither of those are sufficient because the scripture calls damned people virgins sometimes and warns many times that there are imposters and apostates and wolves among the flock.

I see no good reason to think God is calling saved people foolish, denying them and locking them out of His presence. I see many good reasons to think He is saying this about the unsaved.
It is the rapture.

If you think ot is not, you got to get creative with what is said there.

Half the church is left behind.

Saved believers left behind due to carnality.
They face the antichrist.

Jul 23, 2018

None of those are consistent with descriptions of saved people; all of those are consistent with lost people.

The only things we have to go on to call them saved is that they are called virgins and that they were in the household of the Bride. But we've shown that neither of those are sufficient because the scripture calls damned people virgins sometimes and warns many times that there are imposters and apostates and wolves among the flock.

I see no good reason to think God is calling saved people foolish, denying them and locking them out of His presence. I see many good reasons to think He is saying this about the unsaved.
"""The only things we have to go on to call them saved is that they are called virgins and that they were in the household of the Bride"""

Virgins alone is enough.

But they also had;
light
Lamps
Oil
Were sleeping with believers
Were waiting for Jesus
And had nothing to repent of as far as outward sin.
They also came to the door and talked to Jesus.

Definately born again believers.

They face the antichrist and are beheaded.

The church ends.

The time of Jacobs trouble begins

You think that is impossible?

Read the 7 letters to the seven churches.

Same thing...worthy with rewards vs unworthy and sanctioned.

Solid bible pattern.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Solid bible pattern.

Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Have you understood all these things?
(Matthew 13:47-51)

is "fish" enough?
in the hands of the fisherman.
in the same net as the good fish
brought to the shore with all the others

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Agreed

There is another dimension to " I know you not"

"Know" is also used to denote intimacy "

"... For Mary had not KNOWN a man""
Meaning ....?

She had no male friends?

Nope...intimacy.

The foolish had no intimacy.
There is another dimension to (I Know You Not)?

Is that like re-writing scripture to suit your personal need and desire

The Jehovah's witnesses remove (Hell) to suit their needs also

How far will you go in denial of the simple truth of scripture?

The 5 foolish virgins were shut out, the Lord didnt know them, they were unsaved, it's that simple.

Matthew 25:11-12KJV
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

Jesus Christ hung out with prostitutes, tax collectors and other sinners...

How does Pharisee theology handle that...:unsure:

Why not just understand that God is Love...Righteous Love....the kind of Love that fulfills all of the Law and gives us freedom to even love our enemies...:unsure::love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Of course not...

Yes :) The point of this parable, as with the parable of the ten virgins, is that
something essential is required, and that something is the same whether
represented by oil or proper garments, the proper garment in the parable
I gave being wearing the robes of Christ's righteousness as opposed to our own.
Where does LOVE fit into your equation?

God is LOVE, His Word testifies of His LOVE. When we quote the Bible, we MUST understand what LOVE was saying to us.

You said a lot but you NEVER mentioned LOVE.

There are NO righteous garments without LOVE.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Do you believe in hell, the lake of fire and eternal torment of the wicked?

Do you believe in the Roman Catholic purgatory, a place of limbo upon death?
Do you believe that God is Love?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Why do your run from a simple questions?

Do you believe in hell, the lake of fire and eternal torment of the wicked?

Do you believe in the Roman Catholic purgatory, a place of limbo upon death?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018

God is many things:

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Nah 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God is spirit.
God is fire.
God is love.
God is jealous.
God is light.

Not a complete list. God is many things.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
God is many things:

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Nah 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God is spirit.
God is fire.
God is love.
God is jealous.
God is light.

Not a complete list. God is many things.
You forgot (Righteous Judge), as many deny a place of eternal torment in the lake of fire?

2 Timothy 4:8KJV
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Revelation 20:11-15KJV
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
The big mistake made by the five foolish virgins was abandoning their watch
to go in pursuit of something far less important than the arrival of the
bridegroom.

Seeing as how nobody knows either the date or the hour of Christ's arrival
spoken of in 1Thess 4:13-17, then everyone would be well-advised to
avoid getting too absorbed in worldly pursuits lest the Lord suddenly appear
unexpected right over their heads yelling "All aboard!" and they be
unprepared to go with him; consequently getting themselves left behind.
_
yup

like in the days of Noah

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
^ oops, also parallel to Lk19:11-27... forgot to add that one to this ^ post
Incidentally that kingdom parable demonstrates the "gap" of Dan 9....
As do many of the similar parables of the King on a journey.