FLAT EARTH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Ok... Iv done alot of searching and collecting and thinking and rethinking on the alleged astro dynamics of this solar system.

At first thought this is impossible, all the stars would be in different positions all the time.
Then i was given a reason to give it some possibility. The reason being that we are actually moving slowly relative to space...

So i gave it a rest but had to look again... After another search i conclude that the probability of this is 0%... Why...
By the speeds and distances to stars given by the theory, it would still mean that the sky would change, just over a longer period of time... But when we go back 2,000 years and note the observations made by the ancient Greeks we find that the stars are in exactly the same places and the patterns are the same too.

The constellations would not have been the same at all 2,000 years ago thats hogs wash...
And when we factor in the motion of all the stars in the universe the probability shrinks to a tiny fraction

By definition this is not a scientific theory because it isn't falsifiable, testable.
It falls in the realm of fiction fantasia at your library next to the children's books

This world is just so full of lies...

I was wondering why do the stars twinkle and flicker. It looks like water flowing across them in a shallow stream

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
oh, I forgot to mention also... I was reading or listening to Job 38... And came across this...
this is God speaking to Job

Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons?

It gave me goosebumps when I heard that... Old testament... How long ago??? 5,000 BC? 6,000BC?
God names the Pleiades and Orion's belt... GOD SAYS THIS...
So I had to look cos I never heard of em. I'm not into astrology.

bandicam 2021-01-23 08-55-31-461.jpg bandicam 2021-01-23 08-55-17-259.jpg

That spins me out. I'm guessing those 3 stars close is Orions belt.
I feel like that line of evidence has been refuted now...
There is no possible way that these stars would be in the same place running the same plays that long ago... Not a chance

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The Lunar / Solar calendar that God gave us is perfect.
why doesn't it match reality?

the calendar in the Torah has 12 equal months determined by the moon exactly equaling 1 year.

but we have lunar months that vary and don't exactly divide a year, which also varies.

why? the length of days and nights isn't constant, the length of lunar cycles isn't constant, the length of years isn't constant, and none of them evenly divide each other -- so that no calendar can consistently match reality in the present state of the universe.

why?

what's 'perfect' and what's 'imperfect' ?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
But when we go back 2,000 years and note the observations made by the ancient Greeks we find that the stars are in exactly the same places and the patterns are the same too.
false.

we go back and look at ancient astronomical records and they do not match the present positions of stars.

look it up.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016

the calendar in the Torah has 12 equal months determined by the moon exactly equaling 1 year.

but we have lunar months that vary and don't exactly divide a year, which also varies.

why? the length of days and nights isn't constant, the length of lunar cycles isn't constant, the length of years isn't constant, and none of them evenly divide each other -- so that no calendar can consistently match reality in the present state of the universe.

why?

True PH due to irregularities in the Hebrew calendar the Jews add a leap month to the calendar every two to three years .
If not with in a few generations Passover would be in August . Before the Jews adopted the idea of a extra month they would adjust the calendar when seasons no longer matched the calendar. Like Passover in the middle of summer .
Blessings
Bill

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
false.

we go back and look at ancient astronomical records and they do not match the present positions of stars.

look it up.
I did look it up and that's what I found, the north star is the same position and the constellations running the same patterns
I read somewhere that the earth is shifting 1 degree every 100. So over a space of 3,000 years, the north star would have shifted 300 degrees in one direction while every other star would of shifted 300 degrees in other directions making the night sky look completely different...

But I'm interested in these astronomical records u speak of so link me up

We have probably the oldest astronomical account in the bible... In the book of Job. God says
Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons?
Job 38:31-32

How do u suppose this is possible?

please don't you go around spreading them.
There is a difference between spreading lies and discussing possibilities in science...
Such a ban on free speech is radical, science would of never progressed under such laws...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
True PH due to irregularities in the Hebrew calendar the Jews add a leap month to the calendar every two to three years .
If not with in a few generations Passover would be in August . Before the Jews adopted the idea of a extra month they would adjust the calendar when seasons no longer matched the calendar. Like Passover in the middle of summer .
Blessings
Bill

yet in Genesis 1, God set the two great lights to be for months and seasons and years. a clock.
we define 'time' by them, by their relative positions, but they aren't 'in sync'

what's that meant to teach us? God is certainly not 'bad at making clocks' -- were the Jews wrong to add an extra month to balance the imbalance? should they have kept the lunar calendar without alterations, regardless of where the sun was in its course, letting the Levitical calendar creep through the seasons?

Dec 11, 2020

why?

What God gives us is Perfect & what man gives is imperfect. It takes a combination of the lunar & solar to give us exact times & dates

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What God gives us is Perfect & what man gives is imperfect. It takes a combination of the lunar & solar to give us exact times & dates
the lunar cycle does not evenly divide the solar cycle.

12 moons ≠ 1 solar year

also the lunar cycle is not exactly 28 days, nor is it exactly 30 days. also the solar cycle is not exactly 360 days. also it is not exactly 365 days. is that perfect? which is perfect - things not adding up or things adding up?

should i expect the lunar & solar cycles to be in sync, since God gave them to mark days and seasons and years? or should i not?
if i should understand synchronization rather than dissonance to be harmony, and i should expect the two clocks to be in harmony, why aren't they?

if 'perfect' is being in complete harmony, and they are not currently perfect, have they always been this way? did something happen that changed them?

is the problem the idea that perfection means synchronicity & harmony?
is the problem the idea that perfect means it matches the reality of the universe?
is the problem the idea that the universe is functioning as His perfect will intends?

what i'm really asking is, did the introduction of sin and death into the world change the clocks God had set in the sky?
is He teaching us through knowledge of their dissonant periods that we don't know how to tell time, or that the heavens and the earth have been cursed for Adam's sake, and must be redeemed?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
is the problem the idea that perfection means synchronicity & harmony?
is the problem the idea that perfect means it matches the reality of the universe?
is the problem the idea that the universe is functioning as His perfect will intends?
The problem is the idea that man knows all these things when all they do is offer possible explanations... I don't know if the earth is flat, round or square. What I do know but is the theory on how the solar system moves through space is unsupported just like much of astrophysics

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
yet in Genesis 1, God set the two great lights to be for months and seasons and years. a clock.
we define 'time' by them, by their relative positions, but they aren't 'in sync'

what's that meant to teach us? God is certainly not 'bad at making clocks' -- were the Jews wrong to add an extra month to balance the imbalance? should they have kept the lunar calendar without alterations, regardless of where the sun was in its course, letting the Levitical calendar creep through the seasons?
That’s a interesting question . There is no command in scripture to synchronize the solar and lunar calendars .
The only holiday that is directly effected by the solar calendar would be first fruits .
That is a good subject for some study ?
Blessings
Bill

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
what i'm really asking is, did the introduction of sin and death into the world change the clocks God had set in the sky?
is He teaching us through knowledge of their dissonant periods that we don't know how to tell time, or that the heavens and the earth have been cursed for Adam's sake, and must be redeemed?
Good questions...

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I have another good question...

What is the extent of the effect of sin - "how far out" from what sin has actually "touched" (at the 'ground-level' of human activity) does it have an adverse effect on what God created originally?

only on earth?
sun and moon?
how about stars?

Do you think that sin has affected anything beyond the earth itself?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Perhaps it would have been better if I had said: "a great light and a great reflector"...

:)
Howz it going Gazza? Do they use that nickname in the states for Gary? I think it may be an Aussie thing.

Anyway. I'm feeling more and more like we have been deceived.
I'm at a point where i don't believe anything now without seeing it myself.

I already learned about the fakeness of the theory of evolution and the big bang over 10 years ago.
That turned me from atheism to agnosticism and put me on the road back home to God.

With this covid thing, iv had to dig deeper and I'm finding all kinds of evil and deception that are beyond anything i had ever imagined despite already being a natural skeptic.

But remember how i said i would follow up on flights down here? Well iv done that and i haven't been able to find any flights directly to South America from here or NZ.

Qantas claims to have 3 flights per week from Sydney to Santiago in Chile, non-stop.
They also claim to have daily flights from Auckland to Santiago.
Then there is Latam airline who also do flights from Santiago to our major cities and Auckland, non-stop
And then there is air New Zealand that does flights to Santiago and also to Buenos Aires from Auckland, they say...

So then, finding these departures should be easy, right... Right... Nope... They are nowhere to be seen...
I looked at departures from all these cities... Nothing... Not one flight going over the South Pacific... Hmmm...

They will often send you to LAX, then Miami before heading to Santiago
earth map 1.jpg
Or they send you to the middle east, then Europe before heading to Santiago
earths map1.jpg

On the flat earth model, we can see that the routes make sense
Flat earth map 1.jpg Flat earth map 4.jpg

Then there is South Africa... Qantas and other Airlines claim to have direct flights from Perth... Flights that don't appear to exist

They will first send you to the middle east
earths map 2.jpg
Or Singapore which is due north from Perth on these maps
earths map 3.jpg

But on the flat earth map, we can see that its on the way. The flight would be too far without refueling
Flat earth map 2.jpg Flat earth map 3.jpg

Also been thinking about Newton. He became one of my favourite scientists after I fell in love with physics when I learnt it at university... The thing is that his maths would work the same on a flat earth as well... We didn't learn about Einsteins stuff but I think it would work from flat earth as well... Their work doesn't actually support a heliocentric model...

So many lies and deceptions all around. And its all mostly for one thing... To block us from God... Its sooo filthy

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Do they use that nickname in the states for Gary?
No.

(Not in my little world, anyway.)

To my knowledge, there is no nickname for 'Gary' - other than to shorten it to 'Gar'.

Just 'Gary'.

Works for me. :cool:

Of course, on CC, 'Gary' or 'GaryA' works just fine.

Originally, my user name on CC was 'GRA' - which are my initials.

Then I later changed it to 'GaryA'.

The only thing I can think of that is even remotely close to 'gazza' is 'gaza' - as in 'Gaza Strip'. (I am guessing you know what that is.)

Definitely not referring to me... :LOL:

I think it may be an Aussie thing.
Probably.