Oh, they can still be found --- on the internet...Well, it's neat having a floppy disk drive again. Too bad there aren't any floppy disks.
Of course, depending on what is on that disk you have, you may not want to let it out of your hands...However, they do perform data recovery.
Well, it's neat having a floppy disk drive again. Too bad there aren't any floppy disks.
I wrote a novel that was on the floppy. It's gotten to the point I have nothing to lose by turning it over to someone else. I've tried every trick on the book to recover the file.Of course, depending on what is on that disk you have, you may not want to let it out of your hands...
![]()
I just sent them an email to see if they recover files from degraded floppies. Thanks for the information.Oh, they can still be found --- on the internet...( amazon, ebay, newegg, etc. )
Here is a site you can check out:
www.floppydisk.com
I have no idea about their reputation.
I am not sure whether or not they sell new disks.
However, they do perform data recovery.
![]()
I don't know. Maybe it'll come back some day. Couldn't make a pun out of that.sadly the floppy flopped...i couldn't help the pun...
Is this what you're looking for?I still have a couple of dozen of the plastic ones, but no more paper ones.
Oh, they can still be found --- on the internet...( amazon, ebay, newegg, etc. )
Here is a site you can check out:
www.floppydisk.com
I have no idea about their reputation.
I am not sure whether or not they sell new disks.
However, they do perform data recovery.
![]()
I just sent them an email to see if they recover files from degraded floppies. Thanks for the information.
There are some other options available --- I am going to PM you...It just took a few minutes for them to reply. They say they don't recover data from disks, but that they sell better drives than the one I probably have, and that a better drive might solve the problem. It costs $50. The question is whether or not I want to spend $50 to recover a book that I probably can't sell.
If you succeed and need to print it with WordPerfect 5.1 use shift F7 6.
The website is still there.There was a program called Norton Systemworks (win95-98 days) that could I think could pull the info off the disk or fix it..... usta be on a site called oldsoftware.com or something..... been a while.