If it was so "easy" to live a life without sin, Jesus came in vain and I know we can live a holy and sinless living, but nobody likes to be ruled by the mind of others. Just try to reach out those who are unbelievers and they will tell you better (and that´s the place where WE were commanded to go)
I remember you were writing your own Bible, helping her wherever you thought it needed to be helped and that reminds me my Catholic friend, who follows those lines his church writes along (and below) what it is written.
He believes his church saves!
And the truth is God saves, and He saves because of following and living a LIFE like the Lord Jesus.
I can´t imagine OUR Lord molesting people telling them, each time, "live a life like this". In that way, I will see Him annoying (and boring). In fact, John the Baptist could have been somewhat boring, but his life was coherent, consistent in doing was he was preaching: A simple life, isolated and secluded in lonely places.
My Catholic friend shares with people. He works and gives money to the needy (he is also poor) but God gave him ways to get his money and he´s not lazy to work (I´m working with him these days).
He takes a book his church wrote and keeps on REPEATING what someone said it was "the formula" to be heard by God (or Jesus)
Well! In fact, he says God is Jesus (a thing I don´t believe) and, if He was so, he has "Jesus" crucified and "bleeding"... in his own bedroom.
I don´t know how to tell him that he is wrong, because he thinks I´m wrong.
He loves to tell me the RCC traditions, its rules and the "obedience" we (protestants) OWE his church, but he is all his way wrong (and he think I´m wrong).
That´s idolatry! He venerates images and the RCC's idols.
He says so many things he learns from those books the RCC gave him to read, because the RCC has a seal to approve THEIR readings "Ex libris", although I can admit "we" are somewhat wronged on some good books they keep on reading in their Bibles, those we called "apocrypha".
Will you keep on babbling like the RCC does?
Will you keep on preaching on those who think they are actually "saved"? When the Lord said that:
"Luk 21:19 You will save yourselves by continuing strong in your faith through all these things. "
Salvation is a life and enduring process, it is NOT like saying: "I´m saved" (They love to hear that "believing" is enough)
In other words, Jesus said: "Luk 21:19 You will be saved by being faithful to me. "
But God is above Him:
Joh 14:28 You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
So, He said: "Joh 14:1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me."
Again, He said:
Joh 14:1 Jesus said to his disciples, "Don't be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me.
Why do we need to have faith in MEN or in their belief systems?
Have a look on this, Jason! If I believed I´m saved, by being holy and actually "saved" by saying "I believe in the Lord Jesus" (or in anything churchy people asked me to say) I´m not giving credit to what the Lord Jesus actually said in:
Mat 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
I must be better than any them, who said: "I´m holy and perfect" so "I´m saved" (or sinless)
I remember you were writing your own Bible, helping her wherever you thought it needed to be helped and that reminds me my Catholic friend, who follows those lines his church writes along (and below) what it is written.
He believes his church saves!
And the truth is God saves, and He saves because of following and living a LIFE like the Lord Jesus.
I can´t imagine OUR Lord molesting people telling them, each time, "live a life like this". In that way, I will see Him annoying (and boring). In fact, John the Baptist could have been somewhat boring, but his life was coherent, consistent in doing was he was preaching: A simple life, isolated and secluded in lonely places.
My Catholic friend shares with people. He works and gives money to the needy (he is also poor) but God gave him ways to get his money and he´s not lazy to work (I´m working with him these days).
He takes a book his church wrote and keeps on REPEATING what someone said it was "the formula" to be heard by God (or Jesus)
Well! In fact, he says God is Jesus (a thing I don´t believe) and, if He was so, he has "Jesus" crucified and "bleeding"... in his own bedroom.
I don´t know how to tell him that he is wrong, because he thinks I´m wrong.
He loves to tell me the RCC traditions, its rules and the "obedience" we (protestants) OWE his church, but he is all his way wrong (and he think I´m wrong).
That´s idolatry! He venerates images and the RCC's idols.
He says so many things he learns from those books the RCC gave him to read, because the RCC has a seal to approve THEIR readings "Ex libris", although I can admit "we" are somewhat wronged on some good books they keep on reading in their Bibles, those we called "apocrypha".
Will you keep on babbling like the RCC does?
Will you keep on preaching on those who think they are actually "saved"? When the Lord said that:
"Luk 21:19 You will save yourselves by continuing strong in your faith through all these things. "
Salvation is a life and enduring process, it is NOT like saying: "I´m saved" (They love to hear that "believing" is enough)
In other words, Jesus said: "Luk 21:19 You will be saved by being faithful to me. "
But God is above Him:
Joh 14:28 You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
So, He said: "Joh 14:1 "Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me."
Again, He said:
Joh 14:1 Jesus said to his disciples, "Don't be worried! Have faith in God and have faith in me.
Why do we need to have faith in MEN or in their belief systems?
Have a look on this, Jason! If I believed I´m saved, by being holy and actually "saved" by saying "I believe in the Lord Jesus" (or in anything churchy people asked me to say) I´m not giving credit to what the Lord Jesus actually said in:
Mat 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
I must be better than any them, who said: "I´m holy and perfect" so "I´m saved" (or sinless)