Follow me and I will make you fishers of men

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

student

Jul 20, 2010
The day Love came to town​
It’s been several years since love came to me. I remember the day…January 10[SUP]th,[/SUP] 1993. God spoke to me and so began a journey…excruciatingly hard for many years but eventually I grew up in the Lord and took on a bit of His appearance…at least spiritually. I learned to love, to forgive.

I’m not a great fighter. Not even righteous anger feels comfortable due to past experiences. So I love a person, then another and so on … with God leading the way.

I’ve worked several jobs. A CNA, a cashier, A CPS, a PCA, a baker and a factory worker are among some of the positions I’ve held.

My last position was beautiful. I found two lovely Christian women. Add myself we were a cord of three strands…usually in agreeance and very many kindnesses. The boss, himself was Christian as was his wife. It was beautiful for a time. The boss became ill, the business started to fail and we all worked hard to pick up the slack and save the pieces…even in lieu of wages at times.

It could not be saved.

Another woman bought the establishment.
She seemed offended at my presence and felt my attitude was inappropriate.
She was not a Christian and had values unmistakably atheist…though I never inquired.

I played music on my phone when alone in the kitchen and had a Jesus bumper sticker on my car.

I was targeted for several things. My age, my weight, my ability. But the last straw was my faith. I played music one day when the store was closed.

A few days later, a sarcastic statement was set before me that made my blood run cold. “I have to play my gospel music today so I don’t go to hell”.

I was appalled and shocked. Then I realized the words were of a non-believer and I prayed. A couple of weeks later, God told me to quit.

My next position is again PCA. My charges are from a city which lacks love, highly atheistic, largely prestige oriented. My bumper sticker and I have come to town. “Jonna” appleseed spreading the word…one verse at a time.

Oh, and the clincher…my former boss lives here. Hmmmm……

F

FenceMan

It’s been several years since love came to me. I remember the day…January 10[SUP]th,[/SUP] 1993. God spoke to me and so began a journey…excruciatingly hard for many years but eventually I grew up in the Lord and took on a bit of His appearance…at least spiritually. I learned to love, to forgive.

I’m not a great fighter. Not even righteous anger feels comfortable due to past experiences. So I love a person, then another and so on … with God leading the way.

I’ve worked several jobs. A CNA, a cashier, A CPS, a PCA, a baker and a factory worker are among some of the positions I’ve held.

My last position was beautiful. I found two lovely Christian women. Add myself we were a cord of three strands…usually in agreeance and very many kindnesses. The boss, himself was Christian as was his wife. It was beautiful for a time. The boss became ill, the business started to fail and we all worked hard to pick up the slack and save the pieces…even in lieu of wages at times.

It could not be saved.

She was not a Christian and had values unmistakably atheist…though I never inquired.

I played music on my phone when alone in the kitchen and had a Jesus bumper sticker on my car.

I was targeted for several things. My age, my weight, my ability. But the last straw was my faith. I played music one day when the store was closed.

A few days later, a sarcastic statement was set before me that made my blood run cold. “I have to play my gospel music today so I don’t go to hell”.

I was appalled and shocked. Then I realized the words were of a non-believer and I prayed. A couple of weeks later, God told me to quit.

My next position is again PCA. My charges are from a city which lacks love, highly atheistic, largely prestige oriented. My bumper sticker and I have come to town. “Jonna” appleseed spreading the word…one verse at a time.

Thanks for sharing some of your experiences and where God has led you! We definitely don't go anywhere by accident. He has a purpose for the places He puts us and it may not be a mistake that you are now working in the same city where your former boss lives.

I wonder sometimes if that's one way in which God works. There is some vague biblical support for spiritual battles being somewhat territorial.

There was a particular person I found out about online and began praying for because his life was so obviously devoid of hope. Then, out of the blue, this person moved to a city only two hours from me. The opposite side of the country! So now I like to think God has put him into my "prayer territory" and I have the upper hand... Not sure if that's theologically accurate, but... :)

student

Jul 20, 2010
I was thinking so too. For me it's to have more understanding of that boss. And to pray for her

Het

Nov 4, 2017
That's cool. God takes us through many things to do his work. Sometimes he makes radical,changes. Your testimony is uplifting

F

finaldesire

It could not be saved.

Well that was very interesting to read, thank you.

Feb 28, 2016
oh my, having an heart that is true and only desiring to reach out and touch another with our Love
for our Saviour -
is truly a ministry that only our Holy Saviour can bless us with...Praise God, when He has given this gift
to those whom He knows will use it with all of their hearts...

student

Jul 20, 2010
oh my, having an heart that is true and only desiring to reach out and touch another with our Love
for our Saviour -
is truly a ministry that only our Holy Saviour can bless us with...Praise God, when He has given this gift
to those whom He knows will use it with all of their hearts...
Thank you...GB