For by grace you have been saved THROUGH FAITH. BY whose faith have you been saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 14, 2009
John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word [Jesus], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Matthew 1:23-Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Actually Immanuel is an English entry. His name was Y'Shua.

In the beginning was the Word (because whatever God spoke, was), and the Word was with God (of course) and the Word was God. (Because what God says, Is truth).

G

GreenNnice

Now, let's go over why I was led to do this thread, and, that not of myself.... ;)

Did you catch that? Or, did you catch 'that,' rather?

And, seeallen, before you post anymore on my thread, YOU have homework.

Go backtrack a couple, three posts back of mine, copy/paste where I said 'wherever did I give you the idea thaat I said we have to earn our salvation by faith and obedience,' and, post it below, and, for the 2nd time I ask now, please QUIT quoting me either wrong or out of context. Both God dislikes we doing. :(

Ok...

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and, that not of yourselves, it is a free gift of God, that no one should boast."

Some seem to be saying, alluding, inferring, relating that God's free gift is 'faith.'

Christ peeps, nooo, 'that' and 'free gift of God' refer to 'faith' in Eph. 2:8 with no more truth than Judas was not not one of 'The Twelve.' Judas WAS one of 'The Twelve' willed by God to be an 'apostle. And, Judas, through Jesus, who was with The Twelve 3 years, before Jesus'death on cross. And, 'that' and 'free gift of God' refer to not faith but 'saved,' or, in maybe a more understandable term, 'salvation.' :)

Look at the sentence carefully. Hmmm, so, 'faith' is not of ourselves, and, the free gift of God is 'faith.' "Really???? No, that can't be true, green. Scripture states faith is a literal 'given.'"

You aré right if you think that faith is not what's referred to , for faith is no 'gift,' but a given measure by Christ, given to every one on Earth. Everyone is 'given a measure of faith,' to call 'faith' a 'free gift of God is just rationalizing/sorting through this Eph. 2:8 verse wrongly :( .
Again, we are saved THROUGH OUR FAITH. As cee says, 'through' is 'a channel of an act.' Faith is ACTED upon, NOT just believed upon.

Let's stop there. Is this making sense?

And, good news, cee is starting a study on Ephesians, a word study, so were going to eventually REALLY disect Eph. 2:8, as we're led, cee, I, whoever faithfully acts , posting words :)

I encourage everyone now to participate in thought , if not, analysis, as Eph. 1 word study learning will enlighten you of another big 'faith' book of the bible, besides Hebrews.

After going through Eph., I pray we all can ACT better on the instinctual empirical experience Christ puts in front of us to follow, faithfully :)

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eternally-gratefull

i wasn't talking to you.
this is a discussion forum, whihc means we discuss things. I saw something which did not seem right, and confronted it like any person should do. you have a problem with that?

E

eternally-gratefull

Actually, obedience IS faith. Every action done in love, is by dedault an action done in faith and hope.

Jesus is God's Son. Not God. He was made from God and Mary. To be our perfect example.

What He DID, was make His thoughts, words and actions one.

He spoke in love. Thought in terms of love. And acted in love.
How can jesus not be God when he said himself he existed before abraham, He and God had a relationship before time began, Even Thomas called Jesus God.

G

GreenNnice

Sinkski - 'faith is an active dynamic.'

Yes !!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()
It's a biblical cliche but we are to 'act upon our faith,' which God gave (willed) the same amount to all to do what they want with. Those who choose to listen to His willful calling, like Paul, blinded on road to Damascus, like David, who must have been (deep down inside) scared as scared could be scared , going out as a mere boy to face a giant, but David knew God was with Him, and, Saul (later name changed to 'Paul') realized the Lord was real too.

So, faith is the ACT we are to channel . And, we are to channel this 'act' to God, faithfully acting upon whatever He, like Paul (Eph. 1:1), like David, were both willed by God to do great things. Now, Moses too was willed by God to speak to the Israelites but Moses' faith wavered and so God willed Moses' brother, Aaron, to do this ' act.' And, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the Israelites rebelled more to Aaron's speaking likely as this was NOT God's perfect plan. This just like God was leading the Israelites and they didn't like God's leading so they got RULING, next, as Saul became their king.

Now, you tell me, what's better, God's leading, or, man's leading YOU. ?
Man does not lead in only Love, but God does, '...for God is Love...' Scripture states.

So, have faith, God WILL grow it, He will show ways for you to not only improve upon it, but go and ACT upon it.

Don't worry, you won't miss it, you will know :) Just pray, listen, have faith in His leading you, the Spirit will only do things to help you through, being blessed, ultimately, by your faith of 'Sonship' and 'inheritance' , eternally :)

Dec 14, 2009
How can jesus not be God when he said himself he existed before abraham, He and God had a relationship before time began, Even Thomas called Jesus God.
Because Jesus' Son would exist before everything, at least in God's mind or God's plan. God can pierce time.

G

GreenNnice

So, we know whose faith saves you now, right? Yours. Sure, God's given everyone a measure of faith, Romans 12:3 states, but God HANDS it to you to do something with, and, preferably when He WILLS you to do it for His glory, or 'His good pleasure,' you WILL do it THROUGH YOUR FAITH :)

But, that is but touching the surface of what faith truly is and must do, so, without further ado, and, tangents, please, Christ peeps, please, breathren, and, yes, I , we, must all be bold with our words, and honest, and, trusting in God's grace (and mercy) to cover us. You let His blood cover you (for salvation), right? So, why not let His grace cover you for what you do in life to keep your faith alive, to keep YOU in love with your Saviour.

Man is no good thinking on his own, Romans states our righteousness is as 'filthy rags.'

So, we must be cleansed somehow, and, we are cleansed, by the blood of the Lamb, our Savior and King, Jesus, who died on the cross, DEAD, whose soul went to Hades to propitiate God for our sins.

Dead! If you asked forgiveness and repented of your sins, they are no more , you are imputed with the righteousness of Christ.....

But, and, yes, isn't there always a 'but' conjecture to ground our giddiness of thinking the story stops with Jesus' death on the cross? We, those who believe on Him, are not perishing and will live forever with Christ. An apt paraphrase of John 3:16?

But where does the story go next ? To FAITH !

GOOD ole Thomas, huh? Doubted Jesus really did come from the dead and after touching Him said, 'My Lord, my God.'

So, want more of faith RIGHT AFTER Jesus rose again. Jesus spoke to Peter and told Him to 'tend My sheep' and 'feed My sheep.' This explains the order of spiritual authority, preachers, apostles, disciples. By the way, many bible classified 'disciples' apostated from the faith when Jesus told them to do things of faith asking. 'Course, Jesus as yet had NOT yet died on the cross when the 'veil' was removed' and we then had personal access to relationship with the Father through His 'helper' of Himself being the Holy Spirit.

But, why would God then give us His Spirit to lead us IF not for having faith in His grace that saved us?

Ah, yes, Eph. 2: 8 is got back to, eh. And, in this so doing of said extrapolative thought, as He's led me now, can you answer me this question?

Why is faith without works dead? And, does the word 'dead' carry more meaning than meets the eye?

Is Paul saying from this Scripture, one's life can become literal death once you die because you did believe upon the cross but you did not act upon your belief which took faith to believe in God's grace for your 'planned' life from Him?

We all have a 'planned' life from God, right? (Jeremiah 29:11).

And, to FULFILL THAT PLAN takes what? Faith.

So, dare I say it is not faith , and, therefore, 'dead' of you (and me) IF we fail to follow His plan?

What kind of faith is that in our Saviour?

And, this is not speaking of sins and wrongs BEFORE having chosen Christ -.-adultery, sex before marriage, stealing, lying, idolatry, pleasure seeking, earthly things, etc. etc.-.- nope. Those things are not who you once was, to recall a certain Brandon Heath song there. Yes, all those 'things' ,ALL were dead and gone from your life by THE CROSS. :). But, my Christ peeps, God wants us to SEEK SPIRITUAL THINGS now, His Spirit will heatseek us, so to speak, to those things, that is, things of Him, and, He can use worldly things too, for leading you, friends not Christians, etc.

But, and, I will end here, we are to seek spiritual things because at some point, ahem, when we die, we will be getting 'things heavenly.' Eph. 1 speaks this Truth.

What are you after on earth? Shouldn't it be the things you will be getting in heaven ?

C

cfultz3

What are you after on earth? Shouldn't it be the things you will be getting in heaven ?
Very good question Greenie. May I ask all, "Do you seek your glory here while on Earth or do you build-up your treasure in Heaven?" That is, "Do you do good unto others so that you can get rewarded with material things here on Earth or do you plan on having many crowns in Heaven?"

G

GreenNnice

Very good question Greenie. May I ask all, "Do you seek your glory here while on Earth or do you build-up your treasure in Heaven?" That is, "Do you do good unto others so that you can get rewarded with material things here on Earth or do you plan on having many crowns in Heaven?"
Yes, on earth as it is in heaven. While here, with His Spirit leading, choose spiritual things which God will laudate and bless you, faithfully, with this so done chooosing :)

G

GreenNnice

See what? God and his love, his word, and the conviction of the spirit PERSUADES us to come to him. Christ did all the work. We can't boast of faith. we did not do anything but place our eternity in the hands of someone else. There can be no boasting. But it does not mean it is not our trust in Christ.
Excellent, eg, God draws us to Him, His grand, master, divine timing brings us to Him, from there we aré to trust and obey faithfully, understanding of the measure of faith given and learning vía Scripture, prayer, other ways as He leads us how to grow our faith in Him , so as we do not fall away, apostate from the glorious gift of salvation God have us.

Faith is not a free gift, it is a given amount, like in geometry, the 'given' steps are already there of the problem. All are given the same measure of faith. God is not partialx God shows mercy to who He wants but your faith has nothing to do with mercy.

Faith produces obedience, Obedience does not produce faith. Those who have true faith WILL work. Those who have mere belief will not work. That is why it is a gift of God, and no one can boast. and why Salvation is secure in Christ, and not in our works (or lack of)
Yes, both aré true, eg, not just one way either, one act does not supersede, always come first over the other act. Faith and obedience aré one after the other, reactionary of either producing fruit of the other.

If one obeys, it grows our faith, 'counts as righteousness, per Abraham being told by God that after Abe's willingness to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. And, when we have faith, we go forth on the path God has planned for us and this is following His Spirit leading us to action, which is acting on behalf of , or, obeying Him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cfultz3

we go forth on the path God has planned for us and this is following His Spirit leading us to action, which is acting on behalf of , or, obeying Him :)
How well said that obedience is the hearkening of to the Spirit and that, itself, is faith's obedience. Though not said in those words, that is what I took from it.

P.S. faith's obedience is not to the Law, but to the Spirit, the One who guilds to the Light.

G

GreenNnice

How well said that obedience is the hearkening of to the Spirit and that, itself, is faith's obedience. Though not said in those words, that is what I took from it.

P.S. faith's obedience is not to the Law, but to the Spirit, the One who guilds to the Light.
Hearken to the One who made you, who knows your perfect laid plans to follow, who will lead you through His Spirit to do great, maybe, even seemingly impossibe things. That faith you have, continue to nurture it freed it, water it, with the Word, through prayer and faithful obedience to Him, for you are sealed with/in Him for a day of redemption will come some day for YOU, passing to death but then, in an instant! to life that will mansion your life beyond what you can only imagine :)

Faith, Christ peeps, is sooo perfectly precious, it is yours, given by God to grow from a mustard seed amount, stretched to grow into the highest of mountains, moving the clouds in the sky by His will working inside you.

Exactly, cee, great verbology, too :)

G

GreenNnice

Scripture says 'propitiation' for what Jesus' death on the cross was for sinner mankind (yes, 'sinner' IS an adjective, ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Got news for you too, YOU still sin but it's covered by the blood, through repentence and forgiveness. Follow Him, live not by bread alone but by every thing that proceeds from the mouth of God . )

Green, is that there just said , Scripture ? Yes. God's will for your life, He provides, man's nourishment is not mostly food, but Him, who made you, knows your plans. Follow Him as He leads, ask for His perfect best for you and His timing best will have you receive His perfect best. And, whether it is what you really asked for, or not, what He gives YOU will be perfect :)

Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. Jesus is The Way, the Truth, and, the Life, no man comes to the Father (God) but by Him (Jesus), who is our 'mediator' for communication with the Father, who was and is and is to come. God in the flesh. God in heaven. God IS in you :)

Have faith, my Christ peeps, in what is not seen, and, for that matter understood, for God will make all things known to you in His fullness of time for you, pray,coray, pray, that He will show you great spiritual things of Him to lead your life's walk and your heart, be 'it' after Him, all of 'it.'

Have faith in His grace. Step, step, step, by His Word and by His will will your life greatly go.

Man goes his own way, but his steps are re-directed by God. Step His way in the first place and you WILL eliminate a lot of pain and heartache . His way, don't choose the low way, choose His high way, as narrow we it be, choose it , for it will lead you to great and unspeakable, marvelous and miraculous 'things' of Him. :)

Live in His grace, your BAD things are no worse than the next guy, REPENT, ask forgiveness and just walk away and sin that sin no more and seek, seek, SEEK spiritual things more and more in your life , as His Spirit leads you, go, your life is only good in Him :)

Read Jeremiah 29: 11,12,13 :)