For Freedom and Starting Over

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joy4JESUS

Mar 29, 2018
Dear Sisters and Brothers,

I’d like to request prayer. I am not writing this out of sadness. More like, expectation and desperation for freedom. I’ve cried a thousand tears through the years, went through feeling numb, and am now just ready to move forward.
My “husband” and I are no longer together.
We are technically living in the same house, but only for financial reasons, until my sons and I can be on our own- which cannot come fast enough!
I’ve already started the divorce process.
I will not gossip or say mean things against him.
However, I will say this- I deeply respect the covenant of marriage, so this is not a step I took lightly.
It’s years in the making. I will say, that, Biblically speaking, I AM within my rights to divorce.
In fact, I already consider myself divorced, based on things that have happened.
But of course, I have to go through the legal end of things to finalize it.
It’s been 14 years, I did my part.
Now I am ready to just be done with it and the boys and I to be free. And to move on with our lives and leave all the trauma and craziness we have endured behind.

So please do keep us in your prayers. It’s been so long since I’ve been on my own. I have a 10 year old and a 17 year old. This is a scary step. Please pray that our financial situation improves so that we can leave. Pray that we find a good, clean and safe apartment.
And a vehicle.
We are starting over, from the bottom up.
But, with Christ and my boys, I know it’s going to be ok. ❤️

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Sorry Joy for what you are going through. You have my prayers. May the Lord bless and protect you.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Joy4JESUS and this prayer, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

Apr 2, 2018
Dear Sisters and Brothers,

I’d like to request prayer. I am not writing this out of sadness. More like, expectation and desperation for freedom. I’ve cried a thousand tears through the years, went through feeling numb, and am now just ready to move forward.
My “husband” and I are no longer together.
We are technically living in the same house, but only for financial reasons, until my sons and I can be on our own- which cannot come fast enough!
I’ve already started the divorce process.
I will not gossip or say mean things against him.
However, I will say this- I deeply respect the covenant of marriage, so this is not a step I took lightly.
It’s years in the making. I will say, that, Biblically speaking, I AM within my rights to divorce.
In fact, I already consider myself divorced, based on things that have happened.
But of course, I have to go through the legal end of things to finalize it.
It’s been 14 years, I did my part.
Now I am ready to just be done with it and the boys and I to be free. And to move on with our lives and leave all the trauma and craziness we have endured behind.

So please do keep us in your prayers. It’s been so long since I’ve been on my own. I have a 10 year old and a 17 year old. This is a scary step. Please pray that our financial situation improves so that we can leave. Pray that we find a good, clean and safe apartment.
And a vehicle.
We are starting over, from the bottom up.
But, with Christ and my boys, I know it’s going to be ok. ❤️
Dear Sister in Christ,
I really get what you’re saying here. I’ve been where you’re at, and it can be a scary place, but we have a good God, who takes care of us. I too have two boys. My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 12. I too had Biblical grounds for divorce. It was not a place I ever wanted to go, but he fell in love with someone else. I know what it’s like to start completely over, but we have God’s promise that the Lord is [our] husband (Isaiah 54:5). I know what it’s like to struggle financial and to wonder how I’m going to pay the bills, but we have this promise that God will meet all of our needs (Philippians 4:19).
I have to share with you one of the neatest testimonies. When you go through divorce, often you have to fill out questions which are called Discovery. They are geared to “dig up the dirt” on the other party should the divorce not be resolved through mediation and end up in court. Answering questions like that really brought down my self-esteem and made me feel so scared of what the future would hold, how we were supposed to survive now that my husband was not there. I hadn’t worked in 6 years, because I’d stayed home to raise the kids, so now I was going to have to find a job with no experience, and I worried how on earth we were going to make it on our own. It was at that exact point that my youngest son, then 3, began to sing. In happier days, the boys and I would turn up the stereo and dance in the front room, and one of our favorite songs was “God Is Good All the Time.” It is so upbeat and energizing. Every time the chorus came on, the three of us would sing it out:
God is good all the time. He put this song of praise in this heart of mine.
God is good all the time. Through the endless night His light will shine,
God is good. God is good. All the time.

So I was in the middle of filling out these questions, feeling so scared about what the future held, when my youngest began to sing out of the blue. Now I knew he knew the chorus to “God Is Good,” because we all would sing it together. But that’s not what he sang.

Instead, he sang the bridge to the song, which I had no idea he even knew. I had never heard him sing it before, and I have never heard him sing it since. These are the words he sang at that exact moment when I needed the most reminding:

Though I may not understand, all the plans He has for me, my life is in His hands.

I stared at this three-year-old and I got absolute goosebumps all over my arms. Here when I needed it most God was using this little child to remind me that while I didn’t know what was ahead, He did. He had my life in His hands and He knew the plans He had for my life, and that was enough.

Make no mistake, my friend, God’s got a plan for your life and for the lives of your sons, and it is good. You may not always understand it, but you have His promise that He has a future filled with hope planned out for you (Jeremiah 29:11).

Sweet Sister, you are in my prayers.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
God bless you and welcome to CC.

Deror

Mar 30, 2018
Dear Jesus, please be with Joy4Jesus as she walks by Faith. You know what she's been through Jesus, provide her with Your Wisdom from above and lead her as her Good Shepherd. May she look to you her Provider Jehovah Jireh. Deliver her from all harm please Lord Jesus. Lead her beside the still waters and paths of righteousness, for your names sake. In Jesus saving name. ThankYou Amen.

Katya12

Apr 21, 2017
I am so very sorry you are going thru this difficult time. I have been there and it is a truly rough road. But thank goodness you have the Lord. Can you find some help and support thru your church family? Hopefully they will pray with you, counsel you and help you with the realities of your situation....like helping you find an apartment and a car. I was in this same position once and I am here to say, He will see you thru. He will make a way where there is no way.....over and over again. Is. 54 says he will be your husband. His grace will cover you and your children and it WILL be enough for you. He will also mend your broken heart. Lean on Him in everything. You will find Him more real that you ever have known! One step at a time. And down the road, God will bring you to the place where you can forgive. So important for you.....and, your children. I speak peace to you, my sister. I will keep you in my prayers.