For Sin Shall No Longer Be Your Master ( Romans 6 )

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
Because You Are Not Under The Law,

We are now under grace so that we may live in the Spirit ,
Living in the Spirit is opposite of living in the flesh. When
we are in the Spirit, we are living a life completely in our
Lord Jesus Christ. If we falter, we are guided by God to
His forgiveness as we come to Him and are reinstated to
our life in grace again. We are continually striving to get
better, live our lives more wholesomely and decrease any
wrong doing we discharge. Any discretion is a bit of a
bump in the road but the bump can be fixed by God. His
forgiveness makes the bump smooth again so it is never
shown. Once a sin is forgiven, it is forgiven forever. It
has brought us back to a new creation. So where sin does
exist, grace abounds even stronger but always we need to
improve. Continually sinning and coming for forgiveness
is not the way to living in grace. We must continue to be
better. God gives us the power of joy hour by hour. The
closer we are connected with God, the more joyful our lives.

Nat2019

Jul 14, 2019
Because You Are Not Under The Law,

We are now under grace so that we may live in the Spirit ,
Living in the Spirit is opposite of living in the flesh. When
we are in the Spirit, we are living a life completely in our
Lord Jesus Christ. If we falter, we are guided by God to
His forgiveness as we come to Him and are reinstated to
our life in grace again. We are continually striving to get
better, live our lives more wholesomely and decrease any
wrong doing we discharge. Any discretion is a bit of a
bump in the road but the bump can be fixed by God. His
forgiveness makes the bump smooth again so it is never
shown. Once a sin is forgiven, it is forgiven forever. It
has brought us back to a new creation. So where sin does
exist, grace abounds even stronger but always we need to
improve. Continually sinning and coming for forgiveness
is not the way to living in grace. We must continue to be
better. God gives us the power of joy hour by hour. The
closer we are connected with God, the more joyful our lives.
Romans 6 New International Version (NIV)
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ
6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Slaves to Righteousness
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Romans 6 New International Version (NIV)
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ
6 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. 14 For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Slaves to Righteousness
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! 16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness. 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Maybe I am missing the mark, but of course the Laws of God, His Nature that He died to give us, matter. It is the mindset/heartset that matters, the one He gave us.

We are not TO BE circumcised, but we are through Him, and Him alone.

These verses bring it together well.

Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority; and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
Colossians 2:6‭-‬12 NASB

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Oops, I meant we don't have to be circumcised, but we are through Him and Him alone.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Maybe I am missing the mark, but of course the Laws of God, His Nature that He died to give us, matter. It is the mindset/heartset that matters, the one He gave us.

We are not TO BE circumcised, but we are through Him, and Him alone.

These verses bring it together well.

Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority; and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ; having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
Colossians 2:6‭-‬12 NASB
Oops, I meant we don't have to be circumcised, but we are through Him and Him alone.
While it is true we are not under the law. The law is still useful as teacher of righteousness. Can any of us display those fruits of the spirit perfectly, or even well. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't even come close. The law is like preformed prayers, useful when my flesh wants no part of God. Something to build good habits on.

Nevertheless, when I came back to Jesus I decided to start keeping aspects of God's law because I couldn't see them done away with. Wow! Did the world ever fight me so much? You end up fighting with your family, your employer, your friends, etc. But new scriptures started opening to my understanding.

Eventually the Lord started talking with me. He came into my sleeper berth on my truck and taught me many new things. I learned tradition has robbed Christianity of most of its relevance. Antichrist jumped on the bandwagon early in the development of Christianity. Tradition is our biggest roadblock to learning. Even though we are not under the law and are saved by grace, we still need obedience to be fruitful. welcoming.png

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
While it is true we are not under the law. The law is still useful as teacher of righteousness. Can any of us display those fruits of the spirit perfectly, or even well. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't even come close. The law is like preformed prayers, useful when my flesh wants no part of God. Something to build good habits on.

Nevertheless, when I came back to Jesus I decided to start keeping aspects of God's law because I couldn't see them done away with. Wow! Did the world ever fight me so much? You end up fighting with your family, your employer, your friends, etc. But new scriptures started opening to my understanding.

Eventually the Lord started talking with me. He came into my sleeper berth on my truck and taught me many new things. I learned tradition has robbed Christianity of most of its relevance. Antichrist jumped on the bandwagon early in the development of Christianity. Tradition is our biggest roadblock to learning. Even though we are not under the law and are saved by grace, we still need obedience to be fruitful. View attachment 201374
Thanks Deade, makes sense. My pastor talked about this very thing today.

He used these nuggets to show His work producing in us (of course through faith).

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord . “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:8‭-‬11 NASB

I want to share this song we sang. It makes so much sense with what you are saying, if I understand correctly.

Here are the lyrics...

There's a sweet sweet Spirit in this place
And I know that it's the Spirit of the Lord
There are sweet expressions on each face
And I know they feel the presence of the Lord

Chorus:
Sweet Holy Spirit Sweet heavenly Dove
Stay right here with us Filling us with Your love
And for these blessings We lift our hearts in praise
Without a doubt we'll know That we have been revived
When we shall leave this place

There are blessings you cannot receive
Till you know Him in His fullness and believe
You're the one to profit when you say
I am going to walk with Jesus all the way - Chorus

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I love that @ Deade, but I like saying obedience. I will be using that obedience is like performed prayers, useful when my flesh has no use for God.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016

Eventually the Lord started talking with me. He came into my sleeper berth on my truck and taught me many new things. I learned tradition has robbed Christianity of most of its relevance. Antichrist jumped on the bandwagon early in the development of Christianity. Tradition is our biggest roadblock to learning. Even though we are not under the law and are saved by grace, we still need obedience to be fruitful. View attachment 201374
We cannot be under the old laws for any reason.
2Take notice: I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value Gal.5:2 Love fulfils all the saw and it is then we​
we become filled with grace rather than be living in​
the flesh.