For the church of Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
No, it isn't. It's a belief system taught in the bible that exists in many denominations other than fringe.
You do realize that a belif system is what a denomination is right? A system being a systematic series a belief system being a systematic set and series of belifs and views

Jan 17, 2020
That is a lie.

God saved you when you decided to believe the Gospel.
Whosoever believes has eternal life. Did you believe the gospel when you heard it? It was because you were one of the lucky ones. Had God not first saved you, you could not believe.

Jan 17, 2020
You do realize that a belif system is what a denomination is right? A system being a systematic series a belief system being a systematic set and series of belifs and views
It's not. Many denominations believe the same thing up to a point.

May 29, 2020
That is a lie.

God saved you when you decided to believe the Gospel.
Are you people really debating what the correct way to be saved is .. your kind really have a bad habit of put human limits on God .it's Your life lesson

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
It's not. Many denominations believe the same thing up to a point.
That is not the point, claiming to be in any set of such things is claiming to be in a denomiation. We share traits with monkeys but are not monkey are we? if one claims to not be in one they beleive what God teaches them not based on any denomination. There is truths in each one that I have studied just as how with all kinds of views people show on here you can find some truth in what they say even if only a little and some you cannot at all.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Whosoever believes has eternal life. Did you believe the gospel when you heard it? It was because you were one of the lucky ones. Had God not first saved you, you could not believe.
Ok what? so you cannot be saved if you did not first beleive but you also could not believe if you were not saved first? then what is the point of being saved?

May 29, 2020
Ok what? so you cannot be saved if you did not first beleive but you also could not believe if you were not saved first? then what is the point of being saved?
There needed to be a word that matched the feeling we all got when it happened to each of us . So we have a good reference for the people we are trying to explain what peace And Joy is

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
There needed to be a word that matched the feeling we all got when it happened to each of us . So we have a good reference for the people we are trying to explain what peace And Joy is
I think maybe I misunderstood him or something. the way he said it it seemed like he was saying we were already saved and thus when we heard the gospel we believed because we were already saved.

to be honest though I had heard the gospel countless times growing up but even when I wanted to be saved listened to preachers and the gospel it felt fake like it was missing a connection. I had never been taught about having an actual connection with God but even then I knew something was missing and that I was not really saved. it took me being at my lowest point in tears seeing my life and everything in it as trash not even caring if I died or not I already felt dead and in my tears begged God to come into my heart I even tried to bargain with him offering all my video games to him XD

Jan 17, 2020
You cannot believe unless God first gives you the New Birth. It becomes evident Christ and the gospel are real. It causes you to believe.

L

lenna

So the chosen frozen are 'lucky' now?

so confusing

Jan 17, 2020
That is not the point, claiming to be in any set of such things is claiming to be in a denomiation. We share traits with monkeys but are not monkey are we? if one claims to not be in one they beleive what God teaches them not based on any denomination. There is truths in each one that I have studied just as how with all kinds of views people show on here you can find some truth in what they say even if only a little and some you cannot at all.
Then I belong to quite a few denominations but don't belong to any.

Washed

Mar 27, 2020
Are you people really debating what the correct way to be saved is .. your kind really have a bad habit of put human limits on God .it's Your life lesson
People need to know how to become saved. They need to do what is necessary. We preach the Gospel so people have a chance to hear it, and once they hear it, they can decide whether to believe it or not. If they decide to believe it, they become saved.

Washed

Mar 27, 2020
You cannot believe unless God first gives you the New Birth. It becomes evident Christ and the gospel are real. It causes you to believe.
According to the Bible, people become saved when they hear the Gospel and decide to believe it.

Salvation is not God's Lotto system.

May 29, 2020
So what . We all die in the end .and before we do we will all feel the pain of this life . But because of we find our Peace In the Lord and not of the world than the pain of this life is floating it is in our belife of our faith and our faith in our belife that when we are finally released from this world. We will be with our Father God in His love peace and joy like we have never felt . What difference does it it make how who got saved in what way or believe or felt the spirit in what order are any of you trying to convince anyone else here they are right why are you -we- ;I; are giving in to the which human is correct my way is the only way frame of mind and the only one any if us are correct about is ourselves . There is no way any of us can possibly know who what when or where the other accept Christ as our Lord and Savior .

May 29, 2020
There is none of us that knows what Gods plan is for us .just that He has one . Ever part of the transition of coming to Christ is just that parts . Design by God so He can build us into what He wants us to be for His glory .

May 29, 2020
And one more How does any of you believe God feels about your behavior for the last few hours of the Life He gave you . Think about it . You should all be ashamed of yourself acting like children trying . You were not sharing the good news with each other Trying to lift each up in the Spirit. You have been defending your own faith in God while trying to take apart and disprove someone else's faith in God .

Washed

Mar 27, 2020
And one more How does any of you believe God feels about your behavior for the last few hours of the Life He gave you . Think about it . You should all be ashamed of yourself acting like children trying . You were not sharing the good news with each other Trying to lift each up in the Spirit. You have been defending your own faith in God while trying to take apart and disprove someone else's faith in God .
Do you believe there is Truth that God wants us to know?