For those contemplating suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

If you are please call this hotline and talk to someone.

1-800-273-8255

Dear Heavenly father: help anyone thinking of ending their life to see Your light. Give them hope and lead them from the dark abyss. Send your messengers to listen and pray with them Lord. God, may your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In Jesus holy name we pray, amen.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless Ariel82, and this prayer. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Amen and amen

Feb 28, 2016
Great Thread Ariel, TY...

been there many times when living in the 'carnal world', but Jesus always stepped-in,
and I know how blessed I was even back then, looking back, because many did complete
what satan was taunting them to do...

C

claysmithr

There is nothing more that the dark forces want in this world then for us to commit suicide. Shortly before I became Christian I had the strongest urge to, as my life seemed pointless. Now my life has a purpose, less so. The dark forces still remind me they wish I was dead. However, I don't think God will let that happen anytime soon, so my living is a testament to the power of God over the dark forces! :)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
John 12:25
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; [SUP]12 [/SUP]And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: [SUP]13 [/SUP]Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the off scouring of all things unto this day. [SUP]14 [/SUP]I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you."

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Matthew 5:3
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:20
“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. 22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets. 24 “But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort. 25 Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. 26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Philippians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith

1 Thessalonians 3:7
Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

That feeling that you don't belong in this world? It's because you don't belong to this world. The fact that you suffer in it says you must be doing something right. God says to persevere. Paul said he would. Shall we do any less?

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
This should be pinned to the top of the prayer forum.

A

Ariel82

There is nothing more that the dark forces want in this world then for us to commit suicide. Shortly before I became Christian I had the strongest urge to, as my life seemed pointless. Now my life has a purpose, less so. The dark forces still remind me they wish I was dead. However, I don't think God will let that happen anytime soon, so my living is a testament to the power of God over the dark forces! :)
Amen, what a wonderful testimony!

Maybe all of us should remember the blessing of how God keeps us alive.