Forgiveness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!"
THAT'S THE ONE I THOUGHT OF FIRST.

T

tasha66

I have been told that sarcasm is the lowest form of humor.
Hello Tasha. I will respond to this question you asked concerning whether there are any Scriptures dealing with child offenders. This is from Matthew chapter 18:

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!"

Thanks Mag, that is an interesting piece of scripture. So what did Jesus mean to become like little children? Did he mean to become innocent again? Because an adult couldn't do that. Or was Jesus talking in parables again?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks Mag, that is an interesting piece of scripture. So what did Jesus mean to become like little children? Did he mean to become innocent again? Because an adult couldn't do that. Or was Jesus talking in parables again?
You are welcome, Tasha. Jesus did mostly speak in parables, but I think to become as little children in relation to God means we place our faith in Him and acknowledge Him as being like a parent to us, loving, caring, some One we can utterly trust and rely upon. Same as for meekness, it has to do with our humility in recognizing our status before Him...

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
You are welcome, Tasha. Jesus did mostly speak in parables, but I think to become as little children in relation to God means we place our faith in Him and acknowledge Him as being like a parent to us, loving, caring, some One we can utterly trust and rely upon. Same as for meekness, it has to do with our humility in recognizing our status before Him...

The Lord spoke in parables to confound the wise. Even the most highly educated Pharisees, Sadducees and scribes (Jewish monks) Walked away puzzled but the children and uneducated understood them. The blood of Christ makes us as innocent as babies in his eyes Pray for the gift of discernment to help unravel the simple mysteries hidden within his parables.

T

tasha66

@ calibob:
'The Lord spoke in parables to confound the wise. Even the most highly educated Pharisees, Sadducees and scribes (Jewish monks) Walked away puzzled but the children and uneducated understood them. The blood of Christ makes us as innocent as babies in his eyes Pray for the gift of discernment to help unravel the simple mysteries hidden within his parables'.

Very interesting. I knew the Lord spoke in parables, but I didn't know the reason why.
Thanks!!

M

morefaithrequired

Lord forgive all those who disagree with me.