J
JustAnotherUser
Guest
I'm wanting to seek answers from you guys here and what your take on it is.
We're told to forgive our enemies. I'd like to give these verses that describe about enemies best and that we must forgive them for their wrongdoings towards us:
What Does the Bible Say About Enemies?
Luke 6:27-36
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
It's pretty clear that we're supposed to give what they ask of us and more than that. But it still is something that I can't either fully grasp or perhaps getting it all wrong. How would giving what we have to our enemies really do much if they seek for that type of advantage on you to start with? In what way is forgiving if they can still wrong you in your presence and pretty much nothing gets done about it? What is the message truly portraying in order to 'love your enemies'?
We're told to forgive our enemies. I'd like to give these verses that describe about enemies best and that we must forgive them for their wrongdoings towards us:
What Does the Bible Say About Enemies?
Luke 6:27-36
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
It's pretty clear that we're supposed to give what they ask of us and more than that. But it still is something that I can't either fully grasp or perhaps getting it all wrong. How would giving what we have to our enemies really do much if they seek for that type of advantage on you to start with? In what way is forgiving if they can still wrong you in your presence and pretty much nothing gets done about it? What is the message truly portraying in order to 'love your enemies'?