Forgotten? the true Gospel of Jesus Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

vassal

Jan 20, 2024
The Message and Gospel of Jesus Christ

Jesus proclaimed with clarity and compassion: "Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17). This core message reverberated throughout His ministry, resonating in the hearts of those who sought truth and redemption. He taught with authority, revealing God's love and His plan for humanity's salvation: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

Jesus proclaimed Himself as the ultimate and only source of life and salvation, declaring, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" (John 11:25). He likened His role to the vital essence that sustains and satisfies, stating, "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:14). Again Jesus assured His followers that He alone is the way to the Father, affirming, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). In embracing Him as the living water and the path to eternal life, believers find fulfillment, purpose, and eternal security in His divine grace and truth.

Jesus underscored the significance of following God's commandments, affirming, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). He taught that obedience to God's law demonstrates genuine love and devotion: "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me" (John 14:21). The commandments serve not as burdensome rules but as a moral guide to righteous living and harmonious relationships with God and others: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matthew 22:37). Jesus exemplified obedience to God's will throughout His life, setting an example for His followers to emulate: "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you" (John 13:15). Thus, adherence to God's commandments not only honors Him but also leads to spiritual growth and alignment with His divine purpose for humanity.

However, Jesus also warned of the consequences for those who reject Him and refuse to repent: "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matthew 25:46). Revelation further unveils the destiny of the righteous, depicting a glorious future where God's kingdom reigns supreme: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away" (Revelation 21:1).

In this new reality, God will dwell among His people, wiping away all tears and abolishing death and sorrow forever (Revelation 21:3-4). The redeemed will bask in His presence, enjoying eternal communion with their Creator: "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him" (Revelation 22:3).

Therefore, let us heed Jesus' call to repentance, embrace His message of love and salvation, and eagerly anticipate the fulfillment of His promises. For in Christ, we find hope, redemption, and the assurance of a future beyond imagination, where righteousness reigns and God's glory shines forever.

Jul 18, 2017
Who says that the gospel of Jesus has been forgotten?
Let's face it. When Liberal Christianity entered into the churches, the true Gospel was replaced with a false gospel. Since then many false gospels have prevailed over the true gospel. And even those who claimed to be evangelical stopped preaching that repentance is necessary for salvation. Today adpostady has taken over Christendom.
1719088866270.png

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The Message and Gospel of Jesus Christ

Jesus proclaimed with clarity and compassion: "Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matthew 4:17). This core message reverberated throughout His ministry, resonating in the hearts of those who sought truth and redemption. He taught with authority, revealing God's love and His plan for humanity's salvation: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

Jesus proclaimed Himself as the ultimate and only source of life and salvation, declaring, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" (John 11:25). He likened His role to the vital essence that sustains and satisfies, stating, "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life" (John 4:14). Again Jesus assured His followers that He alone is the way to the Father, affirming, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). In embracing Him as the living water and the path to eternal life, believers find fulfillment, purpose, and eternal security in His divine grace and truth.

Jesus underscored the significance of following God's commandments, affirming, "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). He taught that obedience to God's law demonstrates genuine love and devotion: "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me" (John 14:21). The commandments serve not as burdensome rules but as a moral guide to righteous living and harmonious relationships with God and others: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matthew 22:37). Jesus exemplified obedience to God's will throughout His life, setting an example for His followers to emulate: "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you" (John 13:15). Thus, adherence to God's commandments not only honors Him but also leads to spiritual growth and alignment with His divine purpose for humanity.

However, Jesus also warned of the consequences for those who reject Him and refuse to repent: "And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matthew 25:46). Revelation further unveils the destiny of the righteous, depicting a glorious future where God's kingdom reigns supreme: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away" (Revelation 21:1).

In this new reality, God will dwell among His people, wiping away all tears and abolishing death and sorrow forever (Revelation 21:3-4). The redeemed will bask in His presence, enjoying eternal communion with their Creator: "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him" (Revelation 22:3).

Therefore, let us heed Jesus' call to repentance, embrace His message of love and salvation, and eagerly anticipate the fulfillment of His promises. For in Christ, we find hope, redemption, and the assurance of a future beyond imagination, where righteousness reigns and God's glory shines forever.
sadly we were told beforehand 1900 years ago

“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

you have alot of man made doctrines intervening now telling of different gospels that remove his words and teachings and simply label what they say as the right understanding of salvation even though it removes the true gospel first and then explains why that isn’t for them

theres life in what God really said about salvation and eternal life in the gospel of his eternal kingdom. Surprisingly not every thing people claim to be the gospel is actually the true gospel .

but what Jesus preached is the gospel of salvstion and should be the foundational source for all Christian’s understanding of God the father

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Let's face it. When Liberal Christianity entered into the churches, the true Gospel was replaced with a false gospel. Since then many false gospels have prevailed over the true gospel. And even those who claimed to be evangelical stopped preaching that repentance is necessary for salvation. Today adpostady has taken over Christendom.
View attachment 264947
“But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways;

by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭2:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬

“Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭

“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:3-4‬ ‭

False prophets led israel to doom and false teachers also lead Christian’s astray to doom

“I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD.

Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith. Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭23:14-16, 31-32‬ ‭

Peter said just like the ot it would happen within the church when we start listening to things contrary from what God actually said will save our souls is we believe it we’re really in a bad place and vulnerable.

If you notice one thing the true prophets always had in common was calling people to repentance. And false prophets weren’t

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
Who says that the gospel of Jesus has been forgotten?
Definitely not forgotten on here. Definitely nothing further about Jesus’s life either.

It’s like telling the senior employees of a factory “Listen, I know y’all have been at this company for a long time and have some questions about production and some of the equipment, but I want to go back over your on-boarding paperwork that you completed 20+ years ago. I’ve got a slide show for you and we’re gonna digest some of the paragraphs on the W-4. I want to actually stop any production and let’s discuss the type of paper that all the W-4s are printed on.

I think a better analogy would be hiring staff for a cruise ship and they reported for work year after year and got on the ship but never cast off from the dock. They were literal experts at how the ship looked but none of them knew anything about riding on the ship or operating it.

Sep 4, 2013
Are you promoting the new earth ideology here? Wondering....

Y'all can have the new earth if you want, but please explain to me what a "celestial body" needs with an earth? As for me and my house, we will be living in the Mansion prepared for us in Gods Kingdom, and we will be dwelling with Him.

Mar 4, 2024

Y'all can have the new earth if you want, but please explain to me what a "celestial body" needs with an earth? As for me and my house, we will be living in the Mansion prepared for us in Gods Kingdom, and we will be dwelling with Him.
There’s a part in Revelation where it talks about God creating a new earth etc. I’ll have to look it up. C’mon none of us really know what it means. Certainly not gonna get all worked up over it.

vassal

Jan 20, 2024

What does God has to do with a garden then;

Genesis 3:8-10 (KJV): 8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

there are many things we do not know and was not explained to us as they are difficult to understand as Jesus said;

John 3:12 (KJV): "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

To me yes it is possible GOD will Be with us as written in the book of revelations. I do believe God can certainly create a new earth if he wishes. as it is written;

The New Heaven and the New Earth
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
The New Jerusalem
Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
Rev 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
Rev 21:13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
Rev 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Rev 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
Rev 21:16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
Rev 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according tothe measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
Rev 21:18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Rev 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoeverworketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Have not men defiled the earth in so many ways already that is may no longer be referred as Holy ground for God to dwell on it? is our earth not covered with the blood of innocents? God promised us that we would remember no more the pains of the past;

Isaiah 65:17 (KJV): "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind."

Blessings.