Former Cy Young winner found dead.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tinynascarfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tinynascarfan

Guest
Former Cy Young winner Bob Welch dies at 57

As far as I can tell, this is the correct forum for non Christian related issues. I can remember Welch, as being a fierce competitor, and an admitted alcoholic. Whether or not he conquered his demons, I don't know, but I pray he did.

He was the last pitcher to win more than 25 games in a season, winning 27 in 1990 with Oakland.

I wish all the best for his family, and hope he rests in peace.
 
Just to be sure............wasn't he a "Leftie"........and he played for the Yankees at one time........AND threw a No-Hitter while in New York....?

OH, NO, THAT WAS DAVID WELLS............sigh.........not a huge baseball fan..........oh well, anyway..........

Didn't know about his struggles with alcohol...........but, it is sad.......only 57........

I join you in best wishes for his family............