Forming a Christian band

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sryan

Jan 7, 2019
I'm trying to start a Christian band (I play bass). I'm in a pretty rural area without a centralised way to converse with other Christians. Wondering if anyone has any experience with starting a band in a similar situation. Thanks...God bless.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I'm trying to start a Christian band (I play bass). I'm in a pretty rural area without a centralised way to converse with other Christians. Wondering if anyone has any experience with starting a band in a similar situation. Thanks...God bless.
With so many options available to communicate some "bands" (usually 2-3 guys) utilize the internet. One could record a riff and send it to the next in line and add their part, or discuss changes. And having group discussions (perhaps on Skype) to rearrange parts.
Of course this requires each member to have at least basic recording equipment, which isn't too difficult to obtain since most of it can just plug into a pc or laptop. Basically have the right software and learn some basic editing.

It's either that or go the old fashioned route and post ads looking for band members to meet for actually normal practice sessions.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I can't give you advice since i don't have information on that but i will pray God helps you .

L

Locoponydirtman

Search you local churches and music shops.
Just remember one thing. We don't need more people making Christian music, we need more Christians making good music.

L

LPT

People play music together from around the world, here’s some folks who are playing a song from multiple different locations. With today’s technology distance doesn’t have to be a issue.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
I started the BBBC Band 50 years ago. I am the one next to the drummer in the picture below. We all lived in the same neighborhood -- in rural areas it is a bit harder,

Banda BBBC 1.png

Dec 29, 2018
Just throwing this out there since you didn't specify, How about the worship team at your church?

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Do you know of a volunteer group in your area that helps to organize local events? I'm in one and we love when people reach out to us.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
You can "try" this link. May have to sift through it, to find what you're looking for. As it seems kinda secular. But? It's music! G'luck!

http://www.musiciansunite.com/index.html

kim12345

Aug 4, 2013
You're a Bass player.... well in time you will have all kinds of bands and musicians asking to play with you.
Real Bass players (not guitar players filling in) are hard to find. Keep at it!

Feb 6, 2019

S

selfdissolving

please don't start another CCM band.
i'm begging you

Pretorious86

Oct 27, 2016
In a similar situation to wanting to find new musicians (Christian preferably) - but I'm not into the 'wet' stuff. I want grit. In the UK I'm afraid but send me a message, be cool to chat.